Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRyDog
Drug Advocate
Loc: Illinois
Golden Teacher Strain
    #4677885 - 09/18/05 02:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hi All,

Just got my first shroom kit and ordered some "Golden Teacher" spores.
Could someone give me info on this strain and how trippy it is?

This is my first experience with shrooms/not drugs and i want to make sure it's a good one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: RyDog]
    #4677920 - 09/18/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineRyDog
Drug Advocate
Re: Golden Teacher Strain [Re: ]
    #4681099 - 09/19/05 07:42 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hi richardcypher101,

Thanks so much for your information! Yes, i agree with you on the kit. However, i did only pay $16 shipping included for an "Old School" type mush kit. It's very bare minumum and i cant wait to try these babies out!!!
I appreciate you!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Golden Teacher Strain [Re: RyDog]
    #4681135 - 09/19/05 08:08 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

My advice is to take no more than 1.5gr your first time out.

And remember: the shrooms you grow will be full of spores so collect as many as you can!

I grew a few Golden Teachers in the 1990s PF-TEK style. An excellent shroom, as are all Cubies.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineDrCubensis
Male

Re: Golden Teacher Strain [Re: Asante]
    #4681321 - 09/19/05 09:54 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

A week ago I took about 20g of fresh Golden Teachers in tea form, and it was an incredible experience. Consistent high and enough visuals, euphoria and great feelings :smile:. Growed on bird seed.

From the same grow, but on brown rice another time I took about 1.8g ingested and I noticed much less effects.

Good luck and happy trails!

--------------------

"Ever tried. Ever failed. Never mind. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." Samuel Beckett.

Offlineextinguishment
day tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: Further
Re: Golden Teacher Strain [Re: DrCubensis]
    #4682520 - 09/19/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

why the hell do so many suggest 3.5g for a first time? man sounds like a SICK JOKE to me. id stick with 1-2g

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Golden Teacher Strain [Re: extinguishment]
    #4682561 - 09/19/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

why the hell do so many suggest 3.5g for a first time? man sounds like a SICK JOKE to me. id stick with 1-2g

I fully agree.
In fact:

Last time I checked the Great Mushrooms Poll the average of 855 Shroomerites in over 10.000 trips was about 2gr or two-thirds of 1/8oz and they would on average recommend the same amount to a newbie.

Why are the 1/8oz people so vocal? Perhaps there is psychedeliuc macho-ism going on with those who take smaller doses not speaking up.

Personally I use 0.25-2.5gr (and I have used 12gr) nowadays and I recommend that a newbie user should not take more.
1.5gr contains 5-20mg Psilocybin (10mg on average) which is well within the range for most people to get decent to strong effects.

3.5gr is WAY too mucvh for a newbie of unknown sensitivity and psychology.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisibleshroomanic
PsychiatricExplorations
 User Gallery

Loc: Dunder Mifflin
Re: Golden Teacher Strain [Re: Asante]
    #4682667 - 09/19/05 03:56 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

First time i tripped I did 3 grams and it was perfect IMO. But I just stopped taking an SSRI 5-7 days beforehand. Maybe a little more.

Offlinecampinman
Fun-Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoOn
Re: Golden Teacher Strain [Re: shroomanic]
    #4683509 - 09/19/05 07:27 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i wouldnt eat 3.5 my first time out, for the most part now that im old i just nibble away on bits n bites out of the bag, usually end up eating a gram or thereabouts, sometimes more, sometimes less

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

"I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself."

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Golden Teacher Strain [Re: campinman]
    #4683869 - 09/19/05 08:40 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I think 1.5g is too small for a newb.I say this from giving them to first timers before. Usually, at 1.5 or 2 gr, they say,"What's all the hype about, man? All it made me do is smile and giggle alot." But I get a hell of alot cooler feedback when I recomend 3g.

OfflineSouthPArk
C'est La Vie
Female User Gallery

Loc: SouthPArk Flag
Re: Golden Teacher Strain [Re: FungusMan]
    #4684119 - 09/19/05 09:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Golden Teachers Kick Ass!!!!  :grin:

Nice Choice  :thumbup:

--------------------

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: FungusMan]
    #4684141 - 09/19/05 09:22 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
    #4684663 - 09/19/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i love the golden teacher strain. Its one of the only strains i like to grow.

Offlineextinguishment
day tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: Further
    #4684693 - 09/19/05 11:07 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

i guess im just more sensitive to them. i guess im just the type of person that if the pool is cold, i stick my foot in, then slowly step in and gradually more. i should realize there are others that would just jump right in. AND another theory to refute myself: SET and SETTING can have much more impact than dosage. :2cents:

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #4684736 - 09/19/05 11:16 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I guess im the only one here that actually "tripped" my first time.

I took 7 grams dry PC my first time. I also drove a couple miles on my peak, not that im bragging, but it was one helluva trip. One that ill never forget. :mushroom2:

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #4685149 - 09/20/05 02:13 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

To the original question:
- Within the Psilocybe Cubensis species, the established strains are all very similar (to the average mycophile). What differentiates each strain the most is the appearance (size/shape/density), the speed with which a strain colonizes and fruits, and the average yield. (Also, resistance to contaminants and the degree of rhizomorphia (root-like appearance of the mycelium))

If you know anything about different strains of pot, this is not like pot at all. Strains of pot vary incredibly both in appearance and in potency--which is a factor not only of the percentage of THC, but also of the other principle cannabinoids which affect the effects. (I.E. Sleepiness, etc...)

Psilocybe Cubensis isn't like that. Mushrooms reproduce asexually, so you can't just "cross-breed" two different strains like you can with pot. So the cubensis we're eating right now is pretty much the same cubensis that shamans were eating 15,000 years ago. We have not increased potency through selective breeding--though of course people tend to hang on to the strains they like and ditch the ones they don't.

All of the popular cubensis are about as potent as the others. Of course this is a generalization, but if one strain were noticeably more potent than all the others, everyone would be growing that strain. And possibly most important: No one has, as of yet, done a comprehensive scientific analysis of the average potency breakdown from one strain to another within the P.C. species. Furthermore, there has not been enough research to indicate whether or not potency is simply determined by the amount of psilocybin/psilocin there is in a given mushroom, or if other alkaloids (such as baeocystin/norbaeycistin) have some kind of psychoactive effects that contribute to the experience.

So anything anyone tells you about how potent one strain is vs. another must be taken with a grain of salt, because there are so many variables which affect the quality/intensity of the experience, such as mood, setting, activity, dose, body weight, tolerance, experience, presence of other drugs, and everything that goes on inside people's brains that make us different from one another. Not to mention: How were the mushrooms grown? Substrate has a big impact on potency.

I like to think of the big-name strains as "solid"; -that is to say: reliable. Of course, sub-strains can vary a lot from source to source, too. In other words, a Hawaiian from one source may appear quite different than a Hawaiian from another source.

As you can tell, Golden Teacher is quite popular.
Good luck!

OfflineLipaYai5
Fuzzy

Loc: Mamunia... whoaaooo.
Re: Golden Teacher Strain [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4685978 - 09/20/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Land_Crab said:
How were the mushrooms grown?
Substrate has a big impact on potency.

This is sooooo very true, and I've grown from BRF cakes (PF method/ MMGG) but the results were lacking in my opinion. I plan to begin spawning from and casing with Rye, in 50/50 mix with a little bit of oyster shells chunked around in the casing. This seems more prefferable to me than most other methods I've read about.

Also to note that starting the whole cultivation from "Scratch" has advantages and disadvantages, and does not guarantee an excellent success, expecially for first timers. Even with all of the info on the Shroomery, and all of the experienced people who can help answer your questions and all of their thoughts, opinions, and methods... it does not change your direct approach, nor your lack of personal experience, which is what will really help you in the long run.

as for dosage amounts-
3.5 is really the prefferable dose to me. reasons being:

1) Most of the time, people don't bother to keep an empty stomach. The less your system has to work on, the faster and harder the psilocybin hits your senses.

2) 1-2.5 grams is fine, but does not usually produce the visuals and euphoric effects classically tied to the idea of tripping. 3.5 was an awesome starter for me and for many people because it gave us what we were looking for.

3) Because of what I quoted above. Substrate has much to do with how the mushroom grows, it's strength in structure and in potency are both affected by what it's spawned from. I have no idea what is included in that "old school" grow kit, but my guess is BRF/Verm. This is a good method for beginners, but I've had to eat ~3.5 - 4 grams to achieve just beyond that grinning phase to dialate my pupils, and give me the giggles, which I had to stifle, because I was beginning to laugh very hard in front of my grandma for no apparent reason and this got me a little paranoid that she was going to know something was up. I also achieved a subtle visual state, where the feild of corn I was standing by appeared to be rippling like water all around me, but this also didn't last a long time.

It's up to the person to judge dosage, since we really don't know how everyone takes to this "anti-drug," so if you are feeling nervous and want to just take the shrooms and your mer-ka-ba on a test drive, just taking .5 - 1 gram for starters is very respectable indeed.

-=LipaYai5=-
If you dosed 3.5 as a first trip, did you regret taking that amount because it was too much for you?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (09/20/05 12:27 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
www.livephish.com
[url = www.absinthesupply.com]
[url = www.sugarmegs.org]
url = www.ebaumsworld.com
= www.rpwebworks.com

"Never fail to stand up for what you believe in, there will always be  someone else who believes in something else."-Me :smirk:
To contact me via MSN messenger, guess my f^$ing contact name... you phsychic.

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#4686042 - 09/20/05 12:48 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

And btw, next time you want to try a grow, skip a grow kit and do it all from scratch. You'll have better success, save money in the longrun, and will ultimatly get more mushies than you'll know what to do with.

Good luck and enjoy.

I agree:)

Ralphster44

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

OfflineRyDog
Drug Advocate
Re: Golden Teacher Strain [Re: ralphster44]
    #4686426 - 09/20/05 02:48 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hi everyone,

I sure do appreciate all your responses.
Let it be known that i am not an intoxicant newbie, only with mushies.
I have smoked plenty of cannabis and done several trips with DXM.
I have taken many pills etc.

I am not saying this to discredit any of you, all of you are full of so much pharmacological knowledge and wisdom, and i can learn something from everyone of you.

With that being known, i am very much a psychonaut and would love to have a very intense trip without killing/harming myself.
So, maybe i can meet all of you in the middle with my first dose requirements.

I am a bigger guy, i bodybuild. Weigh about 260lbs and have a high tolerance to drugs etc....

Edited by RyDog (09/20/05 02:49 PM)

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4686457 - 09/20/05 02:57 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

but, getting back to your question, GT are great, and very easy
to grow, that was the first strain I ever grew, and I still
grow it, along with others  :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck