Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
Medicinal Herbs & Mushrooms
    #4677438 - 09/18/05 01:43 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Several months ago my father and his fiance were involved in a highspeed collission. Luckely for all, there were no casualties or severe injuries. However, today I talked to my dad and he said that he is suffering high blood pressure and his fiance gets harcore migranes. I'm guessing this is post-traumatic stress or something?

So anyways, my dad doesn't really like all this pharmaceutical crap, he only takes his pills when it's really bad. Says, they make him feel like a "drug addict", so him & his fiance are interested in natural medicines and what not. I also beleive that some mushrooms releive blood pressure, is that true?

I wanted to see if you guys know what kind of natural medicines releive high blood pressure and migranes. My father is truck driver who makes 1000-3000 km runs into US from Canada, he once almost passed out at the wheel because of this, so he would appriciate your help :thumbup:

Pluto

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: Medicinal Herbs & Mushrooms [Re: Tien]
    #4677784 - 09/18/05 04:06 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I'm almost certain the symptoms your father and his fianc? are experiencing are due to the unfinished fight or flight response. And yes, you are right by calling it PTSD. It's rather common and can be dealt with quite effectively without any meds (synthetic or natural).

I suggest your father takes a look at the work of Dr. Peter Levine. If he can afford it, I would also strongly suggest he contacts one of the practitioners of Somatic Experiencing, that will help him resolve the trauma.

Somatic Experiencing
http://www.traumahealing.com/

Crash Course: A Self-Healing Guide to Auto Accident Trauma and Recovery
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...nce&s=books

Healing Trauma: Restoring the Wisdom of the Body (Audio Cassette)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1564556948/ref=cm_bg_d_4/102-3410813-8720936?v=glance

Good luck!  :thumbup:

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4677818 - 09/18/05 04:25 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Believe it or not, fresh garlic (take one clove twice a day with crackers) is capable of reducing high blood pressure. There are many other herbs out there too. I'm not in front of my books right now so I can't reference them.

You might want to email some of the herb companies that are online for their recommendations.

www.herbsfirst.com
www.blessedherbs.com
www.herbs.com

www.fungi.com for medicinal mushrooms or go to Wild Oats grocery stores or Whole Foods Market grocery stores.

www.amazon.com for books on herbs. Herb books by DAVID HOFMANN are of good report.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4677838 - 09/18/05 04:28 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Also, massage equipment for regular home users can be very effective on multiple levels.

--> www.sharperimage.com
--> www.brookstone.com

Other words to help:
Flower essences http://www.livingfloweressences.com/
Acupuncture http://www.acupuncture.com/
Acupressure
Reflexology

He who wants to be healed, let him approach those who heal.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being