Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
WTF? Funny Noises!
    #4677391 - 09/18/05 11:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This is really pissing me and i don't know what it is. Every time i scroll, maximize, minimize, close a window box or even move my mouse my computer make a little squeaky sound effect. Though i have to have my speakers turned up to hear it.

When i move my mouse around its like a cracking sound, then if i maximize or minimize its like opening and closing a door.

Have i downloaded a dodgy file or something? Maybe its a windows default? :confused:

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: WTF? Funny Noises! [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #4677766 - 09/18/05 01:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You're hearing EM interference from your CPU or memory leaking from the mother board. There's no easy way to get rid of this, though sometimes checking that all the ground connections in your system are good can help.

I tend to find that noise interesting as it's a direct audible representation of your CPU and memory at work. If you were to look at the signal on an oscilloscope, it would look like a bunch of square waves that correspond to groups of bits being shoved around in your system.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4677785 - 09/18/05 02:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Go in to your windows Volume Control and MUTE the "line in" port. That can help a lot of times with this type of interference (or so I find).

Another one that works is muting the analogue CD Audio port (again, in volume control). This shouldn't affect your CD playing because most CD Audio players use digital access now instead of analogue.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleLazyGnome
¬_¬
Male User Gallery

Loc: the layer cake
Re: WTF? Funny Noises! [Re: trendal]
    #4677936 - 09/18/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I hear weird noises like that sort of crackling whenever i move my mouse, I always thought it was my sound card. The sounds go away if I'm playing music.

--------------------
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

"Everything that we know and understand comes down to perception, and by altering this perception we shake everything we know. All that you and I can know and understand is what we can see smell hear think touch and so on, and when something like mushrooms or salvia alters this steady perception, it can break reality permanently." - Dihnekis

OfflineManicDelirium
MysteriousMycologist TechDeviant

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flawda
Re: WTF? Funny Noises! [Re: LazyGnome]
    #4678115 - 09/18/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

it's his mouse guys....Iv'e had this problem many a times building computers...the mouse is causing interference to other electronics around it...the mouse talks to the computer in clicks and pulses corresponding to the X,Y position of the mouse which is turned turned into binary data so it can be sent through the mice's cord to the computer to read it...since most mice are not shielded in any way these pulses can leak to any device near it, and more so if the mouse is a wireless mouse that transmittes the clicks over the air to the accompanying receiver box which turns those clicks into the binary data...

shield the speakers inside their box...you'll see the difference :wink:

--------------------
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" --long live the great Gonzo

Edited by ManicDelirium (09/18/05 04:01 PM)

InvisibleBully
CheapShot-SinisterStrike
 User Gallery
Loc: Pennsyltucky, USA
    #4678167 - 09/18/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

sounds like a desktop theme to me. Right click on the desktop and go to the themes tab and choose none/windows xp. You may have spyware if you did not manually choose the selected theme.

OfflineRazorFire
Stranger

Re: WTF? Funny Noises! [Re: Bully]
    #4678418 - 09/18/05 05:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bullyswish007 said:
sounds like a desktop theme to me.  Right click on the desktop and go to the themes tab and choose none/windows xp.  You may have spyware if you did not manually choose the selected theme.

I concur  :thumbup:

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
Re: WTF? Funny Noises! [Re: ManicDelirium]
    #4681518 - 09/19/05 11:09 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ManicDelirium said:
it's his mouse guys....Iv'e had this problem many a times building computers...the mouse is causing interference to other electronics around it...the mouse talks to the computer in clicks and pulses corresponding to the X,Y position of the mouse which is turned turned into binary data so it can be sent through the mice's cord to the computer to read it...since most mice are not shielded in any way these pulses can leak to any device near it, and more so if the mouse is a wireless mouse that transmittes the clicks over the air to the accompanying receiver box which turns those clicks into the binary data...

shield the speakers inside their box...you'll see the difference :wink:

I think you pretty much got it spot on. I muted all the sound devices and the sound was still being heard, so that confirmed it wasn't coming directly from my system. Also, if i used my keyboard to minimize/maximize windows the sound wasn't to be heard.

I also did a spyware scan, the program congratulated me on my spyware free system  :smirk:

Thanks for the help guys  :thumbup:

Peace,
Mushie Man :mushroom2:

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

OfflineManicDelirium
MysteriousMycologist TechDeviant

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flawda
    #4684056 - 09/19/05 09:09 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

:laugh: glad you found the problem...sometimes switching the mouse out or shielding the speakers help...

--------------------
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" --long live the great Gonzo

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#4684181 - 09/19/05 09:31 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Those are the dead speaking to you.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1