Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Question about shrooms
    #4676898 - 09/18/05 08:15 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Hi, I've been wanting to take shrooms for quite awhile now. I've read all the tips and stuff for noobies and still have a question to ask.

I'm a pretty imaginative person, especially in terms of ghosts and monsters. Turn off the lights before going to bed and I'll probably be thinking about Ju-On or The Ring or something like that.

Now with that in mind, would shrooms act on my imaginations like those? I mean, I've read about some bad trips here but I don't want to be in over my head and freaking out. I really want to get some of these good experiences that I've only heard of (getting tired of marijuana). Would you recommend I try shrooms or recommend a person with an overactive horror imagination to stay off of it?

Thanks for any input.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: Question about shrooms [Re: xenn]
    #4676909 - 09/18/05 08:53 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

haha your weird. But yeah... i would recommend mushrooms to anyone who is having any thoughts of doing them. They are really a great experience. A whole wealth of amazing experiences at your finger tips. That is if you allow yourself to be one with the mushrooms. Its more of a lifestyle. So you gotta ask yourself if you wanna live it. And man let me tell you... live it... and live it well.

Re: Question about shrooms [Re: carl]
    #4676928 - 09/18/05 09:16 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Go for it dude, if you bug out fine, let it happen, even though it may seem like it's going to last forever, you know as a fact that it will end. My friend has gone through SOO many bad trips, he even tripped on an E crash once (which I STRONGLY advised against). He had a horrible time and felt a little off for a week, but other than that he was fine, and you will be to.

If you're getting tired of marijuana maybe take a break from it for a bit. Are you always smoking the same kind? Anyways, whatever the cause may be, hopefuly you'll be more interested with weed after your shroom trip. After shrooming I started to realise things about being high that I didn't realise before that were stopping me from having as good a time as I possibly could be, so who knows.

Anyways, have fun, good luck with the mush, and if a bad trip does happen, just know that it's not real and it's drug enduced and just try to ride it out, but don't worry about that  :wink:

I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: Question about shrooms [Re: StickyWater]
    #4676982 - 09/18/05 10:07 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

A more vivid imagination will have an effect on your visuals. But it is one of many factors...other factors are suggestibility, familiarity of your surroundings, overall mood, etc.

A hallucination is usually pretty obvious. I rarely see things that are not actually there, but it occurs most often when I am watching TV. I see peoples' mouths change and say, "Blah blah blah, yak yak yak" in a very cartoony way. It looks real, because it is what you are seeing, but it is obviously the shrooms.

Just know that anything bizzare you see while tripping is the drug.

Re: Question about shrooms [Re: xenn]
    #4677035 - 09/18/05 10:32 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I will definately try it now. Time to find some reliable dealers with good shrooms...

Oh and as for the weed, I don't know...I've run out of things to do while high on weed and it seems I've developed a sort of mental tolerance for it. I still get high with the same amount but...it just isn't the same crazy high as when I started smoking. It's as if theres a mental cap on how high I can get with weed now (no matter how much I smoke, I can still focus and control it with ease...in a bad way).

Also, after browsing through this forum for just a day, I see there's plenty of other psychedelic drugs in use.
Can anyone recommend me any that are easy to get and good for a noobie? (Other than shrooms...also want to try DXM but taking that many cold medicines doesn't sound too healthy..(?))

Edited by xenn (09/18/05 10:32 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience