Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Tell me where i went wrong........
    #4673651 - 09/17/05 10:33 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So i took 12 colonized cakes out of there jars about a week ago and placed them in the fruiting chamber.

Some of them were not yet fully colonized but i had waited way too long. Some people from the shroomery advised me to take the cake out and sterlize the small non-colonized area and it would be ok. So i did so.

Now i have noticed that 2 things are starting to happen to some of the cakes (primarily the ones pictured).

1. The "knotting" i thought was happening appears to be turning into green bumps. Mold maybe?

Mold???? How do i prevent this in the future?

2. On another 2 not fully colonized cakes, im starting to get a cobweb type look, but then again. Is it cobweb or knotting? There are no signs of green yet.....and there is massive amounts of pure white over taking the cake.

Picture1

Picture 2

My Schedule
-Ive been storing them in a plastice rubbermaid with a top on them.

-About 7 hours daylight from the window into the room, and 9 hours in the dark--THEN REPEAT.

-I air them out and use a fan to blow in air about 2-3x every 2 hours.

-I mist them 2x a day, by spraying into the tub 2x.

-They are sitting a room that averages 75-80 degrees.

Please tell me what i can do to prevent this from ever happening again. It sucks this happened but oh well, i got to learn!

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
Re: Tell me where i went wrong........ [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4673695 - 09/17/05 10:44 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomArtist84 said:

Some of them were not yet fully colonized but i had waited way too long. Some people from the shroomery advised me to take the cake out and sterlize the small non-colonized area and it would be ok. So i did so.

Sorry to tell you but you took shitty advice from a newb poster. Do not take your cakes out unless they are FULLY colonized. Thats just the way it is, you have to wait until they are done. Period.

Next time when you take advice from someone, see how long they have been registered. Stemmer has only been here a week, and has awful ratings.

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4673709 - 09/17/05 10:49 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

By now you should have heard someone tell you that patience is the key to this hobby. If they weren't fully colonized, it wasn't too long. The jar with the green is done, chuck it or try to do an outdoor bed with it.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlineready2go
Eternal

Loc: Up the street and around ...
Re: Tell me where i went wrong........ [Re: FooMan]
    #4673754 - 09/17/05 11:07 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It may be the hardest part of this hobby.... not the sterilization process either... anyone can be sterile if they take their time. But patients.... It'll will learn you that...you'd think that I'd have allot of patients considering i have 5 kids, but this is different.

--------------------

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tell me where i went wrong........ [Re: ready2go]
    #4673777 - 09/17/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

5 kids :eek:

I've got 1 and I'm already telling my wife we're done! :smirk:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlineready2go
Eternal

Loc: Up the street and around ...
    #4673789 - 09/17/05 11:20 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's not that bad after 3 it's all the same. Plus my mom comes from a fam of 9 kid, dad had 7 kids, and i gre up with 4 sisters and a bro. large families arn't nothing new for me.....
I'd actually wouldn't mind one more.... have 3boys and 2 girls... like to have the brady bunch 3 and 3.

--------------------

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
    #4673808 - 09/17/05 11:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

geezus christ mad kids. hahaha

well ill chuck out the green one, what do you think of the others guys?

I also will now take into consideration taking them out before full colonization now.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #4673914 - 09/17/05 11:53 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

they are all nasty as hell dude. shroom mycelium will be brilliant white. not baby shit brown.

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #4673960 - 09/17/05 12:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I couldn't do it. Things are so hectic already in my life right now that I don't think that I could devote the time and energy needed to bring up another child right. I would rather raise 1 the right way, rather than 2 or 3 badly. I'm not saying that you aren't doing right by your kids. If I could have more, I would, but it's just not feasible for ME at the moment.

To get back to the topic: Start over with the jars. Pack them loose and use a TiT to help speed colonization up. Follow the PF formula of 2:1:1 verm:water:BRF and don't put extra/less ingredients because you think it will work better. You can always dunk the cakes when you birth them to bring the moisture back. Follow the tek to a "T" for now, you can always try experiments and other peoples suggestions later on down the road. For now, KEEP IT SIMPLE! Wait for 100% colonization. It's not hard, but it takes time. :grin:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineBataviaVakereli
Stranger
    #4674026 - 09/17/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Bad advice. If anything, you could have cut the portion of uncolonized substrate off and patched it with casing material and then fruit. But, your best off just letting it sit there and grow no matter how long it takes. If you do ever have to cut a part off though, make sure you cut more than what's needed.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tell me where i went wrong........ [Re: BataviaVakereli]
    #4674148 - 09/17/05 01:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

BataviaVakereli said:
Bad advice.  If anything, you could have cut the portion of uncolonized substrate off and patched it with casing material and then fruit.  But, your best off just letting it sit there and grow no matter how long it takes.  If you do ever have to cut a part off though, make sure you cut more than what's needed.

Bad advice? I'm really hoping that you just screwed up on who you were responding to. :mad:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags