Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

So i heard lsd doesnt really give good visuals..
    #4673665 - 09/17/05 12:37 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I talked to this guy yesterday at a party who did a whole bunch of lsd throughout his life (he was 24). He actually gave me extremely good advice on how to cope with a trip and keep it good. Either way, i asked him how the visuals were, and he said there pretty much arent any, its all out of the corner of your eye.
I thought maybe it was because he never took a whole bunch, but he said hes taken 6 hits (and probably more, i didnt ask).

Is this true? I was really looking foward to visuals when i do lucy  :crazy:

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: So i heard lsd doesnt really give good visuals.. [Re: Limelight]
    #4673672 - 09/17/05 12:38 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

That's the kind of thing that varies person by person. Person A may take 10 hits and get mild visuals, whereas person B may take 1 hit and see things melting in front of him.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4673674 - 09/17/05 12:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Visuals have nothing to do with the drug, IMO. It's the person.

Some people are just more prone to visuals than others, and some get visuals at different doses than other people. I have a friend who can take 4 hits of acid and not be very visual, but I get EXTREMELY visual no matter what psychedelic I take, at low doses.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Male

Re: So i heard lsd doesnt really give good visuals.. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4673676 - 09/17/05 12:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

That said...LSD has given me the greatest visuals of any drug.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#4673681 - 09/17/05 12:41 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting. I hope I am one of the visuals poeple

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Male

#4673686 - 09/17/05 12:42 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Remember though, you don't *need* to "see" things to feel the trip...so don't let yourself get caught up in it. I once spent a good part of a trip wondering where my visuals were (I had taken acid 2 days in a row - day 2 was less visual probably due to tolerance), and I ended up missing out on a good deal of the trip cause I was so concerned with visuals.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4673689 - 09/17/05 12:43 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Generalizations are never right. Besides, we all know the best place to get information is at a party from some dude who said he did alot of that "shit" back in his day. C'mon...

6 hits? Wow, he really maxed out! :rolleyes:

All I can say, is that guy was probably not getting very good acid. It is not just all out of the corner of your eye. Try it for yourself and see, you will be able to when you are meant to. :sun:

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4673732 - 09/17/05 12:58 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I get crazy visuals on acid, if it's good.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Male

Re: So i heard lsd doesnt really give good visuals.. [Re: gdman]
    #4673734 - 09/17/05 01:00 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
I get crazy visuals on acid, if it's good.

Truly some of the wildest things ever make themselves known to you on acid. I can stare at one thing for an hour and be completely content. One time my friend Larry and I became obsessed with a chair. We spent half an hour, 45 minutes, whatever time meant nothing, just putting it in different positions and watching it.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4673743 - 09/17/05 01:02 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

we were playing with glowsticks for hours on labor day weekend :lol:.

most fun I've had in a long time.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Male

Re: So i heard lsd doesnt really give good visuals.. [Re: gdman]
    #4673746 - 09/17/05 01:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

On the spring equinox the most awesome visual I ahd was when we were on the roof during sunrise just watching the endless cityscape and as birds landed on rooftops, they would just became statues attached to the buildings.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: So i heard lsd doesnt really give good visuals.. [Re: mecreateme]
    #4673801 - 09/17/05 01:25 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
Generalizations are never right. Besides, we all know the best place to get information is at a party from some dude who said he did alot of that "shit" back in his day. C'mon...

6 hits? Wow, he really maxed out! :rolleyes:

All I can say, is that guy was probably not getting very good acid. It is not just all out of the corner of your eye. Try it for yourself and see, you will be able to when you are meant to. :sun:

I knew a response like this would come up. Anyway, I'm pretty sure this guy really did do tons, i just got those vibes. just hte way he talked about it (he wasnt bragging at all) and the way he tried to help me made me think he was really into it.
He just told me a story about his friend who took six hits and blah blah blah. i aksed him if he ever did six and he was like "oh psh... of course!"
So, thats why i said he did six but im not sure if he did more, alhtough im positive he did.

Mainly the advice he gave me was awesome. it was good hearing it from someone in person.

--------------------

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#4673805 - 09/17/05 01:26 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

It wasnt one of those douchebag type people whoa re like "DUDE I LOVE ACID AND I HAD 6 HITS ONE TIME FUCK YAH BRO IM BETER THAN YOU!"

--------------------

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
    #4673833 - 09/17/05 01:34 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Hah no visuals on acid...that's a funny one. Yeah most visual drug I've ever experienced by far. Much more realistic and concrete visualizations than mushrooms, IME. Those of you who have eaten both probably know what I mean, or maybe that's just for me personally, dunno.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: So i heard lsd doesnt really give good visuals.. [Re: sublime40oz]
    #4673843 - 09/17/05 01:36 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting. Maybe that guy just doesnt get visuals then. I highly doubt he was lying.. he did give me advice which many other people gave me.

he said your head just takes any idea, good or bad, and runs with it.. it just takes off in a direction and you are there for the ride. he siad dont judge it or contemplate it, just be there on the ride and go witih whatever thought is there.

--------------------

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #4673983 - 09/17/05 02:26 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Well, with myself I only need one or two hits of mediocre acid to get to a comfortable level, while a close friend of mine needs at least 6 hits of the same shit to get to the same point as me ( as far as we can tell). It is like this with mushrooms and coke as well, but when it comes to E he only ever ate 1/2 a pill where as I would take 2.

Everybody's body is different, and handles chemicals in it's own way. When you try acid for the first time start with one hit. You can always take more a week down the road if the first time did nothing.

OfflineXUL
vivacious
Male User Gallery
    #4674112 - 09/17/05 03:07 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Truly some of the wildest things ever make themselves known to you on acid. I can stare at one thing for an hour and be completely content. One time my friend Larry and I became obsessed with a chair. We spent half an hour, 45 minutes, whatever time meant nothing, just putting it in different positions and watching it.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

--------------------
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
-W.B. Yeats

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4674155 - 09/17/05 03:23 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

What I was getting at is you shouldn't just believe everything you hear from anyone at a party. People are at a party to talk themselves up, usually. Also doesn't sound like the most sound thing to be spreading either.

Don't know how to convey the amount of information that is absolutely completely false that is exchanged at parties. Only time will be able to teach you.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Suburbia
Re: So i heard lsd doesnt really give good visuals.. [Re: mecreateme]
    #4674177 - 09/17/05 03:33 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

LSD gives me awesome trails. They're so vibrant and long. That's the only real visual I get. Sometimes the room looks like it twisting in my peripheral vision but it's mostly just an intense body high.

Mushrooms are way more visual to me. Trails are a lot shorter but if I get a really heavy trip I have seen things that weren't there.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: So i heard lsd doesnt really give good visuals.. [Re: Newbie]
    #4674337 - 09/17/05 04:32 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

To many people, Lsd visuals become more and more clear the more you take it. For some, the visuals are quite fat to begin with, and only get better.
The visuals are less visionary than shrooms, but can be very intense, vivid and geometric.
Most acid is shitty acid anyways. The people who think the visuals are not interesting are getting shitty acid and usually wouldnt have ever experienced real acid(lsd-25), either that or they are way too used to high doses of more visual drugs like shrooms or dmt. I think the geometries and audio hallucinations on acid are some of the best and have the least noise, thats because ive only had good trips on windowpane or gel-tabs, and far too many high doses of acid that cant even compare in quality(not quantity).
There is NOTHING like a low to high dose of good acid. It is an entirely different drug than shrooms. People who really respect acid are more amazed at the easy road to self analyzation, and easily attainable/more hard to imagine things.
There is also nothing like being with a best friend on a high dose of good acid. The inspired capacity to speak is a thing to experience before on dies, this is not nearly as interesting with low-quality acid, which might as well be considered a totally different drug

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience