Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinechristoff
Stranger
Bad experience on shrooms and weed. help?
    #4673654 - 09/17/05 12:34 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

hi everyone. this is my first post here, so be gentle :smile:  last night i figured i'd finish off the rest of the shrooms me and my brother had bought last weekend. we dont have a scale, so i dont know exactly how much i took. it wasnt alot..  probably about 3-4 stems and the same in caps. the trip didnt get very 'deep' (which isnt a problem) and i had some weed there also that i figured i would take at my peak to heighten the experience. i'm not any kind of a weed expert or anything but i'd never seen anything like it before. we got it last night and it smelled incredibly potent and was very sticky. i'm not saying that this was some kind of super weed, i'm just saying that my experiences with marijuana havent allowed me to cross paths with anything like this before.... anywho. when i started to 'peak' on the shrooms, i smoked. the effects from the shrooms were mild (some minor hallucinations and a body stoning) but after about 3 or 4 hits from the bubbler, i began to see very bright colors and patterns. the next thing i knew i was waking up on my back. (i was sitting in a very sturdy wooden chair) apparently the chair had tipped over backwards and i guess i had passed out. from the orientation of where everything i was holding was when i passed out, it looks like i might have thrown some of it. and that chair is heavy. i probably couldnt tip it over like that if i just flung myself backwards in it. i am wondering if i started to shake or convulse (sp?) while i was passed out. i was in a cold sweat, and it was everything that i could do to not throw up, and to gather myself and get into bead. i felt incredibly weak.... the feeling eventually subsided after about 15 minutes of laying on my bed. this is my 3rd time shrooming, and i've been smoking for about 6 months or so. i'm incredibly curious (and maybe somewhat worried) about what happened. is this a common occurrence on any combo of the drugs i had? anyone have any insights for me? thanks alot for the help ahead of time guys. i appreciate it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Bad experience on shrooms and weed. help? [Re: christoff]
    #4673682 - 09/17/05 12:41 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

i am wondering if i started to shake or convulse (sp?) while i was passed out.

There's no way to tell. Supposedly some people black out while on mushrooms and weed, though it's never happened to me.

You say you woke up lying down. Do you mean you were lying in the chair or were you on the floor? Maybe you just don't remember a section of the night. You also may have hit your head on something.

OfflineTyrone_C
Stranger

#4673692 - 09/17/05 12:44 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

Convultions are somewhat common, I know of a few people who have had them while shrooming. So I don't think that is anything to worry about. I'm not sure about the other stuff, it does sound kind of weird but it doesn't sound like your in any kind of trouble. How are you feeling now?

Offlinechristoff
Stranger
Re: Bad experience on shrooms and weed. help? [Re: Tyrone_C]
    #4673821 - 09/17/05 01:31 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

thanks for the replies guys.

toilet to answer your question, i was still 'sitting' in the chair after it had tipped over. i was on my back. there were alot of things to hit my head on nearby, but judging from the position of the chair now (i left it from last night) i dont think i did. but i suppose its possible.

tyrone, i'm feeling... alright now. just some minor weakness stuff... kinda like i'd been out all night drinking. a little headache. nothing too bad.

you guys said that its probably nothing to worry about, which is good. however i'm still kind of curious why it happened.... i mean physically what happened. maybe i can prevent it in the future. either way i think i'm gonna take a break from stuff for a while...thanks again for the replies.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #4674071 - 09/17/05 02:55 PM (12 years, 10 days ago)

It's a strange reaction, but you wouldn't be the first person to pass out from smoking incredibly potent pot if you're used to lower-quality stuff. Who knows? Maybe you got a head rush. Maybe there was some biochemical reaction between the pot and the shrooms. Or possibly some sort of gypsy curse..?
How to avoid it? Don't smoke that same pot again when you're tripping. And if you do, take it easy and slow. Try a baby hit first, then go from there. If it happens again, then it's an idiosyncratic reaction, which is to say a unique reaction.

Offlineshroomplstiltskn
Re: Bad experience on shrooms and weed. help? [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4679184 - 09/18/05 10:23 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

I have had a similar experience to christoff. I took about five small (about 2 inches long), fresh shrooms and after about 20 minutes I was feeling absolutely great. I was feeling so good that I decided to go out and have a toke. The first hit or two just added to the euphoria. After about four hits though, I started to feel as if my breathing was not right. I could not feel the air entering my lungs or coming out of them. Then it progressed to the point that I had to lie down to avoid blacking out. Whilst on the floor, I couldn't feel my body or myself breathing; I had to "remember" to take in each new breath (which was very scary indeed). My dog immediately sensed that I was not right and lay down by my side, seemingly very concerned. Anyway, she helped a lot and the situation subsided to a managable level after about 40 minutes. I still felt very weak for the next couple of days though. Definintely won't smoke and shroom again.

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Bad experience on shrooms and weed. help? [Re: shroomplstiltskn]
    #4679299 - 09/18/05 10:44 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Going on my personal history, shrooms + weed always lead to a strange night.  The best recounting of what it's like for me with this combination can be found at the link below...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4035379

It's kinda on the long side, but it seems to be the net average of what people seem to report as far as weed helping their trip vs. sending their trip to hell. 

IMHO, stick to pure psychadelics for a while, and worry about mixing substances later.  Psychadelics more than others can lead to very... unfortuante consequences :puke: if you play a poor game of human chemistry set.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience