Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
help me pin please, pretty please, with sugar on top.
    #4673527 - 09/17/05 09:54 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've had four tubs of pooh in the FC for four or five days, subs. is WBS + hpooh, casing is 100% hpooh, strains are Treasure coast and australian. Aquarium air pump is running 24/7, misting three times a day, Rh is usually 90-95% with pre-misting rh at about 50% (four to five hours after each mist, which is when I mist again) temps are about 68-77 deg. lower at night and higher in the daytime. light is a 60watt flourescent from wally world, (doesn't affect temps.) mounted on inner side of lid and run 10 -14 hrs a day. I had plastic wrap loosely covering the casings for the first few days to keep in moisture, until I noticed it sagging and touching the hyphea, depositing water puddles (one or two pencil eraser to dime size puddles on each) I removed the plastic wrap yesterday and began misting three or four time per 24 hrs. No signs of primordia or pinning, just lots of hyphea, it seems to be laying down after several days in the FC. Is this a sign of a problem, or is it gathering to form knotts and pins? Since there is still a little water on top of the casings, I am thinking of only misting once or twice a day for a day or two. No camera or I'd post pics. Only one spot of overlay about the size of a quarter, everthing else is stringy hypeal growth. Also using ice on FC lid today to keep temps in low 70's. There is almost no bare casing showing, hyphea EVERYWHERE. I wanna see some damn pins! I'm going notzo! :crazy2:
any advice from the pros?
Just wait some more?
They're getting plenty of FAE and light, the only thing I can think of is that the moisture content is off, or it's too warm, Though I haven't seen any more overlay since entering the FC.
My misting technique is to open the FC lid, spray the inside of the container and then lightly mist the casings, from a foot away from the FC, letting the fine mist drift down slowly onto the casings.
I'll try calling them out.
Here, pins pins pins pins. Here pins pins pins pins pins... hmm not working. Anyone know a magical mushie chant... lol

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: help me pin please, pretty please, with sugar on top. [Re: austio_ferocious]
    #4673536 - 09/17/05 09:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

patience

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinejohnjohnandjamal
Stranger

Re: help me pin please, pretty please, with sugar on top. [Re: lemon_lw]
    #4673544 - 09/17/05 10:02 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

why did you use hpoo for your casing layer? Your casing layer is not to contain many nutrients.

But definitely, just be patient.

InvisibleAlienZulu
abducted

Loc: standing by
Re: help me pin please, pretty please, with sugar on top. [Re: johnjohnandjamal]
    #4673632 - 09/17/05 10:28 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

what he said
that horse poo is going to feed your fungus forever

--------------------

Offlinerygo796
Meat Popsicle
 User Gallery

Re: help me pin please, pretty please, with sugar on top. [Re: AlienZulu]
    #4673645 - 09/17/05 10:32 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think your problem is the plastic...if you had plastic on it would effect FAE, on my casing it took a week for pins with good humidity FAE and light...if you were really worried you could put it in the fridge overnight but at this point pins should pop up verry soon

OfflineBamaman
...has issues.

Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Re: help me pin please, pretty please, with sugar on top. [Re: AlienZulu]
    #4673696 - 09/17/05 10:45 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

sounds like mycelial confusion. you didn't case it....you simply added more substrate. then you gave it pinning triggers before you colonized the additional substrate.

i would just roll with what you have. quit the pinning triggers and drop it back into incubation mode, until the poo is colonized. then either fruit directly or case it, with actual casing materials, then friut.

might want to check that with those who actually know what their talking about, but that is what i'd doo unless advised differently.

--------------------
Diabetes causes hamsters.

OfflineBataviaVakereli
Stranger
Re: help me pin please, pretty please, with sugar on top. [Re: Bamaman]
    #4674067 - 09/17/05 12:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You definitely don't want to case with poo. You want a non nutritious layer to keep the substrate moist.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: help me pin please, pretty please, with sugar on top. [Re: BataviaVakereli]
    #4674099 - 09/17/05 01:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

BataviaVakereli said:
You definitely don't want to case with poo.  You want a non nutritious layer to keep the substrate moist.

WTF?  :confused:

Edit: I didn't read that he used the poo as the casing. I thought you meant not to use casing when you grow with poo, not that he shouldn't use poo FOR the casing. :lol:

It makes sense now!

Edited by FooMan (09/17/05 01:30 PM)

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: help me pin please, pretty please, with sugar on top. [Re: Bamaman]
    #4674154 - 09/17/05 01:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bamaman said:
sounds like mycelial confusion. you didn't case it....you simply added more substrate. then you gave it pinning triggers before you colonized the additional substrate.

i would just roll with what you have. quit the pinning triggers and drop it back into incubation mode, until the poo is colonized. then either fruit directly or case it, with actual casing materials, then friut.

might want to check that with those who actually know what their talking about, but that is what i'd doo unless advised differently.

:thumbup:
reread the teks you are trying to do cause you didn't do them.

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
Re: help me pin please, pretty please, with sugar on top. [Re: backupwards]
    #4682519 - 09/19/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've read more than once of peeps fruiting off poo. Thought it might work for me, but it hasn't. Here's what I have avalable; hpooh, verm., perlite, compost and peat moss. Can I just put a big patch over the existing hyphea and continue that way, and if so what should I use?
The top is covered in hyphea, but now it's not doing anything.
Someone please help.
To clarify, overlay is when the myceluim begins to gather in thick matts on top of the casing right? If it looks like stringy, thin layering, like hyphea, it's probably not overlay right?
I'm going nutz, I've been at this for months now. I have colonized jars of rye berries, should I just fruit one or two of them as cakes? I wanna see some damn fruits.
oh, and I removed the plastic three days ago, after four days in the FC, (they've been in the FC for about a week)
I'm gonna go cry now. I'll be back.

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds