Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Say something interesting or I'm likely to get hostile
    #4671809 - 09/16/05 10:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: Say something interesting or I'm likely to get hostile [Re: World Spirit]
    #4671817 - 09/16/05 10:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Jerusalem artichokes, aka Sunchokes, are a relative of the sunflower grown for their edible tubers and pretty yellow flowers. They grow tall and have yellow compound flowers like the sunflower, but the flowers never set seed. They propagate only by vegitative means. They're very easy to grow - just bury some tubers in a space where you don't mind them taking over. Dig them up as you want to use them during the winter - they don't store very well outside the ground.

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #4671818 - 09/16/05 10:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Dreadlocks are a hazard to personal hygiene because they are prime home turf for black widow spiders. This one dude had this whole mass of dreads and he died suddenly and on the autopsy they found a huge nest of black widows in his dreads and they'd been feeding on his skull so it was all abscessed and shit.

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4671828 - 09/16/05 10:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Until 1870, the full punishment for the crime was to be "hanged, drawn and quartered" in that the culprit would be:

Dragged on a hurdle (a wooden frame) to the place of execution
Hanged by the neck, but removed before death
Disembowelled, and the genitalia and entrails burned before the victim's eyes.
Beheaded and the body divided into four parts (quartered).
Typically, the resulting five parts (i.e., the four quarters of the body and the head) were gibbetted (put on public display) in different parts of the city or town to deter would-be traitors. Gibbeting was abolished in England in 1843.

There is confusion among modern historians about whether "drawing" referred to the dragging to the place of execution or the disembowelling, but since two different words are used in the official documents detailing the mock trial of William Wallace ("detrahatur" for drawing as a method of transport, and "devaletur" for disembowelment), there is no doubt that the victims of this extraordinarily cruel form of punishment were in fact disembowelled, even though some have tried to hide the horror by exploiting the ambiguity of "drawing".

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#4671851 - 09/16/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Frot is a term used among homosexual men to refer to penis to penis rubbing in a conventional private context. It is also known as "phrot", "swordfighting", "cockrub", "penis fencing", "bumping dicks", "frication", "docking", "the Woodberry Hello" and "the Princeton Rub". Advocates of this practice represent it as a safer and more erotic alternative to anal sex.

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #4671875 - 09/16/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4671901 - 09/16/05 10:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Sometimes I feel like everything is so vapid and vaporous.

ANd then I'm there and the band is on stage and Noah walks by and whips my nose with a rolling paper, and I turn immediately, nodding to Lucy, my girlfriend, before I walk downstairs and into the band's private room with him. There's five of us, and someone's rolling a joint. I'm drunk. Next thing I know my inhalations are divine and when I come back upstairs to watch the music, I have the most gentle grasp on everything around me.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #4671928 - 09/16/05 10:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"The True Reason For Drug Prohibition" by Owsley Stanley

Quote:

The authorities don't have any valid arguments against pot, their purpose in opposing legalization is to prevent any chinks in the armour, or cracks in the wall of prohibition. All propaganda against drug usage is false and/or misleading.

The authorities likewise don't give a stuff about what any particular drug does. The stance that pot is a dangerous drug of abuse is only a surface excuse, propaganda for the masses. Marijuana was made illegal in the 1937 to remove a threat to the synthetic fibers made by DuPont, just as the same company has connived a ban on Freon, now that their patent on it has run out, under the pretense that it is "harming the ozone"-- a claim completely without any proof whatsoever. DuPont has never had any interest in the welfare of people. The law against LSD was put into place in 1966 at the behest of Art Linkletter, who wanted to bleme his daughter's suicide on it. He was good friends with both Wm. O. Douglas and the then Sen, Thos. Dodd, who set up and put through the law in 1966. The only real function of the drug prohibition is to create a black market trade, otherwise known as "money for nothing".

The addition of any particular drug to the prohibition is a matter of the same policies which will maintain the illegality of all drugs to the bitter end. The drug trade is now the single biggest money operation in the US economy, and the money it produces is used to see to it that the laws will not change. I was told recently that the current value of the drug trade is estimated at $500 billion, a figure which agrees with the statements I heard about the amount of money leaving the US for cocaine in 1980, which was said to be $1 billion/day passing through Miami, at that time the main portal for the trade. Watch them invalidate the plebiscites in Arizona and California for the medical use of pot. I can almost gaurantee that these laws will never be implemented, for the authorities cannot tolerate any "erosion" in the wall of prohibition.

Pot isn't even important to those in the big-money drug trade, except for maintaining a solid wall of prohibition, the same reason I noted above for the uselessness of proving scientific merit for the use of any prohibited drug. Money does indeed drive these things, which is why you have no chance to change anything No one gives a minute's notice to thoughts of "hypocrisy". It isn't a question of what's "good for you" or "what's bad for you". Alcohol is not as good a way to create money-for-nothing as heroin and cocaine (too easy to make at home), plus it was put outside the rules by the repeal of Prohibition. Wm. Bennett, like the current fool, Barry McCaffrey, in charge of the "war on drugs", is only a lackey of the money which runs the US government, ie "Big Business", and the biggest business in the US is drug-running, so give it up...barring a revolution or a new constitution, the US congress will never change the way election financing is structured, and that is one of the most important principles these interests will protect at all costs. This is a serious threat to the social stability and future of the country, so everyone must try to understand the real reasons behind it.

The example provided by the unwillingness of the US Congress to impeach Nixon, and now the statement by members of the House of Representatives that Newt Gingrich's use of political campaign funds to establish a school to teach people how to subvert the system by playing dirty politics is "no worse than jaywalking", shows how far from reality these powerful figures in the government are, and gives us little hope for reform.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
    #4671951 - 09/16/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Pink Floyd spent more than 2000 hours in the studio recording "the wall" album; At least 1/3 of that time was spent only in mixing and connecting one song with the next. In "the wall" tour they built a wall between public and musicians that stood there for half of the show; the critics said it could be possible that they weren't actually there an it was just a tape playing.
Those concerts were so expensive that they lost a lot of money, and only could perform 4 (5?) of them. In the first one the wall caught fire but since the show was so elaborate the spectators thought it was part of the spectacle.

I a few hours my g/f will arrive and we will start living together officially :smile:

Getting hostile is not allowed in the pub :lol:

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures