Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

How do you get rid of these feelings?
    #4670964 - 09/16/05 06:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I know there are a lot of good-vibed people on this board that can easily work stuff out in their head (if not easily, then from experience). I get these weird feeligns when tripping and even on really high amounts of mary jane.
It's like.. i am sort of anxious about whats after death. I mean, it could be eternal bliss, nirvana, it could be nothing, or.. it could be some hellish salvia like hell for the entire history of time. Or, something cosmos worse then the hellish worlds of a bad DMT/salvia trip. Usually, a good voice will then pop in my head and be like "its doubtful that its bad.. it seems like it would be good." Then the bad voice comes in and is like "yeah.. but what if it IS bad? what if it IS hellish, and this reality is just a trip from the normal reality - which would be like a hellish salvia reality".. then the good voice is like "everyone is going to die, its alirght, just live your life.." then the bad voice is like "how can you enjoy your fragile life when theres a possibility that when it ends it will be hell for all eternity."
Uusally it goes back and forth like that  :crazy: I always come out on top, justifying it, but then some stupid voice always has to suggest more negative feelings. I'm not mentally unstable or anything.. and im sure MANY people feel this, but I would like to know how you veteran trippers deal with it and put it down for good.  :sun:

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: How do you get rid of these feelings? [Re: Limelight]
    #4670990 - 09/16/05 06:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Using my personal beliefs as a guide, I am able to live my life as I please in a manner that is as enjoyable as possible, knowing in my innermost self that there is most likely no afterlife. Therefore, I don't have any conflicts of that kind during my trips.

Notice that I didn't say definitely not an afterlife. This is because I am of the opinion that nothing can be proved to not exist. The only thing possible to prove is existence.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: How do you get rid of these feelings? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4670994 - 09/16/05 06:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thats a good method, but the thing is i believe there is some bigger picture :undecided: WHATEVER it may be... i think there is _something_

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4671010 - 09/16/05 06:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You'll have to either accept and cope with the thoughts, or try and distract yourself from the thoughts.

Logic and science suggest that consciousness ends when we die. I dunno if they helps or not though. :smirk:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4671036 - 09/16/05 06:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well look Limelight, if there is a hell, there's nothing you can do about it. That's the bottom line. Now the trick is to fully accept your fear and let it have it's say. These feelings have a lot to teach you. Don't be so quick to push them away. In fact if you try you will give them more power over you. I say dive in and explore them to the best of your ability.

If you're going to use psychedelics constructively then you will have to deal with this and more. Fear is the first enemy of a man of knowledge. There is nothing wrong with being afraid. Fear of fear is the real killer.  :mushroom2: :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: How do you get rid of these feelings? [Re: Icelander]
    #4671056 - 09/16/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

great reply :sun:

--------------------

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

#4671059 - 09/16/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

whoever said the only thing to fear is fear itself .. im pretty sure that was entirely related to drugs :rofl:

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #4671075 - 09/16/05 06:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

maybe u shoudl try using the book of the dead

--------------------

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: How do you get rid of these feelings? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #4671081 - 09/16/05 06:55 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

What is that

--------------------

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
    #4671085 - 09/16/05 06:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"You'll have to either accept and cope with the thoughts, or try and distract yourself from the thoughts.

Logic and science suggest that consciousness ends when we die. I dunno if they helps or not though. "

no they don't. name one scientific finding that suggests conciousness ceases at death. and logic? logic can only work from premise to a conclusion, under my set of premesis it is almost certain that detroying the body cannot destroy consciousness and i base this on my own direct experiences of how reality is. i used to be completely against the idea of afterlife so its certainly not wishful thinking or personal biases that are making me think this either. i actually found the thought of no afterlife very comforting and now that i have realized there is an after life i suffer from many of the same frightening thoughts as the original poster. also, http://near-death.com/ has tons of evidence for the afterlife, just click on the scientific evidence links.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4671094 - 09/16/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Limelight said:
What is that

He's talking about the Tibeten Book of the Dead. A better way might be to use Leary's Psychedelic Experience, which is based on the Book of the Dead but designed for the ego death experience on psychedelics. I have used it to great advantage. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#4671100 - 09/16/05 07:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

thats the one i got. it prepares you for death becuase the art of dying is as important as the art of living

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4671110 - 09/16/05 07:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

They are one and the same, wouldn't you agree?

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#4671115 - 09/16/05 07:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

quite

--------------------

Offlinepuwtrip
spirit molecule

#4671125 - 09/16/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear - From Frank Herbert's Dune Book Series
? 1965 and 1984 Frank Herbert

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: How do you get rid of these feelings? [Re: puwtrip]
    #4671132 - 09/16/05 07:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/psychedelic_experience/psychedelic_experience.shtml

a great read, and honeslty the bardo state makes a lot of sense to me, being a dream explorer...... it's like.... death is delta deep sleep.... then the bardo state is the dream world.

except you get to wake up and go back to normal. in reality deep sleep is mergence with the first bardo, and subsequent lucidity may thrust you into lower bardos, from there you must realize you are dead and ... well do what the book says to do, get back in the light as long as you can, I think.... it's the karma, the actions you pursue in bardo and the thoughts you refuse to let go to, that determine your next incrnation.

so it's really a marvelous thing to think psychedelics and even the natural sleep pattern are brdiges between the living world and the beyond.... that we don't have to live life in fear of death, because there are agents of "God" here to show us what death is like if we so choose to use them.

and then sometimes i think it's all BS and drugs don't enlighten you at all, and might even be bad for your spirituality, and i get confused.....

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #4671294 - 09/16/05 08:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think that your idea of "salvia hell" actually comes from your fear of death (I think this because i've been there and seen other people there too). But, the salvia breakthrough realm, in my opinion, does not come with any intrinsic emotional charge that would suggest that it is hell or it is heaven- it's all in the way you deal with it.

Toilet: Science has not even begun to ascertain where consciousness even comes from, let alone whether it can cease to exist or not. Electrical potentials and neurotransmitters tell us there is something going on in the brain, but not how these physical occurneces translate into consciousness/experience.

If you're really feeling blue at the moment, give it some time, and think about the limitedness of your own experience, and its expandability- this can be aided by psychedellic experience of an inquisitive nature. Also, you could read some buddhist literature concerning buddha's attainment of Nirvana. I guess I'm having some of the same issues as you, and learning about buddhism has helped because I truly believe that we have the ability to realize the ultimate truth and that it is as blissful as infinity can be. It's great because it starts with what you know as fact(thus avoiding all ungrounded frightening assumptions regarding the hellishness of death that salvia experience and just general worrying can provoke), and each level forces requires you to reject the last as you trace back through the many causalities to the one uncreated truth. Of course, buddha said that everything i just wrote should be taken with a grain of salt, since belief means nothing without honest wisdom, concentration, and intention. So maybe we shouldn't worry about this stuff, but rather try to figure it out! We may be able to do that.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4671342 - 09/16/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You doubt yourself too much. Time will teach you what you need to know. We always get what we need, whether we recognize it or not.

IMO, during a good trip, the voices are going so fast back and forth, there is not much to think about(in the sense that the thoughts are not thought about, just that mental activity goes increasingly fast). Except the dreaded "putting on the brakes" as I like to put it. You can get scared and totally negate the psychedelic you took by trying to chill out, saying to yourself you want it to stop, etc. Or you can take the brakes off and let the trip take you to US.  :heart:

Trust in yourself. Recognize that there is a part of you that does not like yourself, but there is also a part of you that loves you. Sort of like living in close quarters with someone, *wink *wink. Recognize that neither is the right one, listen to both voices and take what they have to say with a grain of salt.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: How do you get rid of these feelings? [Re: porcupine]
    #4671431 - 09/16/05 08:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know how your logic works but this is how I see it.

Someone's brain gets damaged, that can change them in many ways, including a complete change in personality. That in itself shows that the brain obviously has something to do with consciousness. If that person's consciousness wasn't connected to a physical part of the brain, then they would still be the same. When someone's brain gets destroyed, I see nothing that suggests anything else other than they die, ending consciousness.

Saying 'when someone does we go to a different dimension' or whatever you want to call it, that isn't logic, that's speculation based on belief.

Just because someone almost dies and they claim something doesn't mean it's true. It doesn't mean it's happened. It just means that something happened to their brain and they perceived it a certain way.

Asking for a study saying consciousness ends after death is ridiculous. Kill something and see for yourself. I don't see any 'soul' or whatever rising up to heaven. I just see a lifeless animal.

Quote:

under my set of premesis it is almost certain that detroying the body cannot destroy consciousness and i base this on my own direct experiences of how reality is.

You can believe whatever you want, just don't claim that it's real or true.

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

#4671446 - 09/16/05 08:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Anxiety about death is very natural, and almost everyone has it to some extent, even those who have a faith to fall back on. Unfortunately, there really is no solution to it. I think it helps if you can talk to your inner voices during a trip and ask them what they want to show you about life and death. Think of a trip as a learning experience sometimes. It helps you contact a lot of stuff that is always there but usually deep in the subconscious. Fear of death is one of those things many of us bury and comes out during tripping.

Try to keep your life in perspective when you feel those feelings. We are all, the very greatest and the least among us, destine to die very quickly. Thousands of generations of people have died before you, and if you think about it in those terms, death is only joining the vast beyond that the majority of people have already passed. That could be you just turn into simple atoms or perhaps go to a totally different dimension of existence. In the end what matters to me for now is that I enjoy this moment in time.

Imagine you were at a great party, the best of your life, and suddenly you started to worry about what would happen after the party was over. What if you worried for hours until that party was over? When it all ended, wouldn't you feel like you'd wasted such a great time for nothing? So in life, you don't want to feel that way. Enjoy it while the gift is yours to enjoy.

Edited by Blue Helix (09/16/05 08:48 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies