Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
how dangerous would it be to trip on mushrooms alone in the woods?
    #4670997 - 09/16/05 08:34 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

ive only tripped once before and it was on a gram. during the experience i was very scared and i kept promising myself i wouldn't do it again without a sitter because i felt like i was losing control of my mind and i thought "who will watch over my body when i lose my mind?". however on the plus side, even at such a low dosage i experienced indescribable feelings of awe and childlike wonder. now i want to do it again but i dont really have anyone i would like around me and i find my marijuana experiences are always best when i do it alone in the woods. these woods are about a 5-6 minute walk from my apartment. if i am tripping there will i be able to find my way back to my apartment and work the keys to get in? do i need to worry about wandering around and possibly walking into the street or will i still have my wits about me? what dosage would you reocmmend i take to be on the safe side? i would like to take more than a gram but even the one gram surprised me with the intensity. shrooms are incredibly powerful in my opinion and ive only experienced a very low dose so i cant even imagine what 5 grams would be like.

Edited by porcupine (09/16/05 08:36 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: how dangerous would it be to trip on mushrooms alone in the woods? [Re: porcupine]
    #4671065 - 09/16/05 08:51 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

It is not dangerous if you are ready to face your fear and grow. Or should I say everything is dangerous. Even crossing the street or not doing the committed dose.

It is the most powerful way to use psychedelics. The benefits for your life are incredable IMO. You may need to work your way up to the 5 gram mark, but you may be surprised what you are capable of once you have the desire to learn. Those feelings of awe are the reward for facing your fear. :mushroom2: :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Re: how dangerous would it be to trip on mushrooms alone in the woods? [Re: Icelander]
    #4671095 - 09/16/05 08:59 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i wasn't actually planning to take 5 grams this time, i was just saying i cant imagine how it would be like. i was thinking more along the lines of 2-3 grams, i just want to know whether i will be able to make it back safely without a sitter.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: how dangerous would it be to trip on mushrooms alone in the woods? [Re: porcupine]
    #4671107 - 09/16/05 09:01 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Well, if your mind is stable in day to day life (for the most part :grin:) it should be no problem.  :wink:  Start off with a day trip then try an overnighter. Not much I can think of can be more exciting than the solo night trip. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

#4671117 - 09/16/05 09:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood? Isn't it bad, so quiet there?  :grin:

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Re: how dangerous would it be to trip on mushrooms alone in the woods? [Re: TubOlucinogens]
    #4671124 - 09/16/05 09:06 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

theres no way im tripping out there at night. last night i was just sitting there to meditate completely sober and a racoon scared the shit out of me.

OfflineNickSoapdish
Hypochondriac
Male

#4671135 - 09/16/05 09:10 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

if one gram gives you a powerful trip, and youve only tripped once before, then an unfamiliar environment may not be a good place to experiment with higher doses. Try it with a low dose and feel it out, you can always try it again later.

Ive never tripped in the woods either, but Id imagine itd be conducive of a powerful and enlightening experience. Cant wait to try it

--------------------

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #4671212 - 09/16/05 09:38 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I only trip alone in the woods anymore. It sounds like you are familiar with the place, which is good. If you need to come home for some reason you can (as long as you keep the dosage low). I would pick a sunny day as sunlight can really keep your thoughts bright and dissolve any overthinking (in my case anyway). Pick a peaceful spot to come up at, chill there for as long as you want, then saunter around any way you'd like! The day is yours!

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4671222 - 09/16/05 09:41 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

porcupine said:
theres no way im tripping out there at night. last night i was just sitting there to meditate completely sober and a racoon scared the shit out of me.

:thumbup: :lol:

--------------------

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #4671270 - 09/16/05 10:00 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

If you have only tripped once on a gram, you would probably be more comfortable and better off in a setting you are familiar with.  :smirk:

--------------------
http://heffter.org

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4671279 - 09/16/05 10:05 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You definitely shouldn't increase the dosage if you were having problems on a gram.

Here's the best advise I can give you: learn to control your mind when you're on drugs. Don't let negative, ridiculous thoughts control you. Realize that it's just a drug and it'll eventually end.

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Re: how dangerous would it be to trip on mushrooms alone in the woods? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4671359 - 09/16/05 10:25 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

at the time i took the gram i had been smoking weed daily for a couple years and because of that i was suffering paranoia and anxiety which is why i got so scared on a gram. it was like my mind said "oh no, not this again" as soon as the mushrooms kicked in because i was relating the experience to how it feels when you panick on weed. now that i smoke weed only on an occasional bases i am in a much more stable state of mind.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4671476 - 09/16/05 10:55 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

If anything smoking weed has made me less paranoid and more in control while on drugs.

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Re: how dangerous would it be to trip on mushrooms alone in the woods? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4671916 - 09/17/05 12:46 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

LOL it has the opposite affect on me. if i combine marijuana with any other drug i instantly have a panick attack. i cannot tell you how many times ive thought i was going to die after smoking marijuana.

Offlinethegaruda
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4672198 - 09/17/05 01:40 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

yes trip in nature away from ppl you will be surprised with what you find. native americans have been doing it for thousands of years. works for them, must work for you :smile: dont be afraid if animals wanna come up and be your friends dont be scare of them. They can sense you are tripping. fungus opens your third therefore increasing your empathy and aura. Animals sense this. one time this random dog followed me and my best friend around the wood tripping for like 2 hours. he kinda stayed back like he was watching over us. we chilled on a rock, and some squirels came up and hung out with us. it was wierd we kinda like had a convo with them without talking, they told us of this tree to go see.

and they took us to it. underneath there were some moss, and low and behold some mushrooms, we picked em abd put em in our backpack, we thanked the squirels, and then some birds came over. we kidna we lost in the woods, so we asked them for directions and they flew up in the sky and we could see the aerial like we were flying.

the shyt was seriously fukked up, and tripped us out, but man was that an experience. haven't had a chance again since i moved back to a more urban enviroment

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: how dangerous would it be to trip on mushrooms alone in the woods? [Re: thegaruda]
    #4672263 - 09/17/05 01:58 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

just do it

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

Re: how dangerous would it be to trip on mushrooms alone in the woods? [Re: ThumpaCap]
    #4672357 - 09/17/05 02:15 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

just do it

Exactly. It kills me when people post about every fucking little thing like they can't make a goddamn move without consulting the Shroomery.

If you don't think you can handle it, if you're weary, then don't do it. If you don't think you can handle it, but you want to confront that in the woods where you're not going to run into traffic or something, then do do it.

As a human, you've been blessed with intuitive sense, and you're just sitting there letting it go to waste.  :thumbdown:

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Re: how dangerous would it be to trip on mushrooms alone in the woods? [Re: TubOlucinogens]
    #4672481 - 09/17/05 02:40 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i only posted because i wanted to make sure i'd be able to make my way back to my apartment if need be. i have very little experience with mushrooms and thought this kind of question and safety concern was exactly what the shroomery message boards were for. why do you post on a magic mushroom message board if you don't like hearing beginners asking basic questions about magic mushrooms?

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

#4672518 - 09/17/05 02:47 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I understand that much, but taking it one step at a time and becoming familiar with your doses, becoming self-sufficient in that way eliminates the need for the majority of these types of questions.

Nobody here can tell you for sure whether you could make it back to your apartment in the instance that you had to. And I'll definitely be amongst them right now to tell you first and foremost to simply use caution.

I didn't intend to be harsh with you, or be an asshole, but these chemicals affect everyone to different magnitudes depending on the dose, and so this is really something you should be deciphering for yourself through gradual dosage experimentation.

Edited by TubOlucinogens (09/17/05 02:54 AM)

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
    #4672588 - 09/17/05 03:08 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

well then that is the information i needed. i still don't see what is wrong with this post, it has helped me make my decision to try 1.5 grams in the woods at my earliest oppurtunity.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience