Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

getting a friend high?
    #4670258 - 09/16/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm kind of wanting to do something with a friend of mine, but he's not an adventurous person. I was thinking maybe we could do a little DXM or something [i'd go through safety checks, make sure he isn't on MAOIS or allergy meds, and have him start with 70 or so mg to check for the enzyme deficiency], but I'm not sure how to go about asking him... also it would make me look "bad" depending on how he views such activities..... I know he's for drug law reform but he's never really used anything before.... and i wouldn't want him to view me negatively.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
Re: getting a friend high? [Re: leery11]
    #4670270 - 09/16/05 02:36 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

why are you asking him then..

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: getting a friend high? [Re: leafing]
    #4670337 - 09/16/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i'm not asking him. I'm wondering about asking him and if anyone knows how to touch on the subject.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
    #4670365 - 09/16/05 03:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

oh ok then... just ask him then.. just be direct , believe me its the best aproach.. because if you dont youll probably unwillingly try to "trick" him to do it. (when i say trick i mean youll dress it up, make it better than it seems)

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
    #4670401 - 09/16/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

iv gotten straight christian, straight A student, perfect lil pretty boy, to smoke weed. cause i through a whole shit load of facts telling him how it...
1.cannot kill u
2. isnt even bad for u
3. it changes u for the better... etc etc

(btw, he stayed a straight A lil perfect kid AND smoked. but not everyones like that, some might try drugs, love it, and drop everything they r doing, lose all ambition for anything, and just straight up fuck up... dont let ur friend fuck up if u do try to get him to do anything)

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

Offlineart
Stranger
Re: getting a friend high? [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #4670773 - 09/16/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

personally i hate getting people into drugs. Sure marijuana is pretty much harmless, but it is still illegal, and getting people into drugs can fuck up their life. I know drugs has really had a negative effect on my relationship with my parents.

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
Re: getting a friend high? [Re: art]
    #4671043 - 09/16/05 06:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yeah i agree that getting people into drugs is not such a good thing. i remember when i first started using drugs i thought everyone should use them but i don't feel that way anymore. anyway, i dont think dxm would be a good idea because my first dxm experience was horrible. at low doses it just makes you feel slightly drunk although its much less euphoric than alcohol and at higher doses it can be extremely frightening and make you sick to your stomach. if anything i'd recommend you give him marijuana or possibly shrooms although shrooms are really powerful and there is no way he would no what to expect really.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4671052 - 09/16/05 06:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If he does decide to go through with it make sure he learns about the risks and negative effects associated with DXM use.

Invisiblewalkclothed
Stranger
Re: getting a friend high? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4671069 - 09/16/05 06:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

give him a newport 100

--------------------
no i dont. its all real

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

Re: getting a friend high? [Re: walkclothed]
    #4671113 - 09/16/05 07:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, because cigarettes are safe and totally worth it!  :thumbup:

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: getting a friend high? [Re: TubOlucinogens]
    #4671159 - 09/16/05 07:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hardcore sheltered christian young adults probably have no buisness doing any kind of recreational drugs. If you have ever met one you would know exactly what I am talking about. I sheltered christian who is 21 years old sounds like he has the social skills and intelectual mentality of a 14-15 year old person. Thats just the way the were raised they were so sheltered they are just finally starting to discover thinking about sex and adult themes at that age. So to give them a psychedelic drug it would probably scar them for life. Just too much to fast.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Invisiblewalkclothed
Stranger
Re: getting a friend high? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4671664 - 09/16/05 09:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

or maybe it would make their trip a more pure, transcendent spiritual experience

--------------------
no i dont. its all real

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: getting a friend high? [Re: walkclothed]
    #4674352 - 09/17/05 02:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

anyway ... something else that is on my mind, is that i know of a lot of people that trip, and i want to just ask them about it for hookups [since i don't have any], but i'm worried about the safety of doing that..... and also worried that they'd get suspicious of me.

it's complex how i know about them and i don't want to divulge too much, but they sort of openly advertise that they do such things.

i'm guessing it's best to just stay patient and maybe just come to get to know someone like that one day on a trustable level.

--------------------

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
    #4676499 - 09/18/05 01:44 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think the DXM idea is a good one. At least half of people who try it for the first time don't like it because they don't know much about it, they take the wrong kind, the wrong amount, trip in the wrong place, etc. But if you know what you are doing, you and your friend will have a great time. Robitussin Cough Gels are the best bet, tasteless and undaunting. One bottle is 300 mg and 20 gels. I think starting with 30 gels would be a good idea (450 mg). If he is really light then 20 gels may suffice. But the problem with going too low is all you feel is a chemical drunkness and no psychedelia, which may be unappealing to a non-drug user. Make sure you trip in a quiet controlled place, that's important. Have great uplifting music.

The way you should approach him goes thusly: Tell him you heard about this chemical called DXM so you did a little research on it (see how you don't need to start out mentioning drugs which might shock him, it's worked in). So then you tell him it's supposed to make you high and expand your mind.. make things trippy. Make sure you mention it's legal and that it's completely safe to try as long as you aren't on anti-depressants or MAOIs. So then ask him if he/she'd like to try it out with you once. You'll be received with apprehension at first, but then don't plead. Just be matter-of-fact and say "Oh, no, believe me it's cool, I've tried it before and it's great and totally safe, it's just not something you want to get into a habit of doing"

Then have fun tripping with your friend.

--------------------

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: getting a friend high? [Re: matchbook]
    #4676696 - 09/18/05 03:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Good point meltdown

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
Re: getting a friend high? [Re: stemmer]
    #4676878 - 09/18/05 05:46 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I disagree with Meltdown, actually.

As a devout conservative Christian since I was born, I disagree with that view. I personally find nothing wrong with use of psychedelics if used in the right way and in the right spirit. Sure, I wasn't as socially aware as other kids, but it wasn't long before I was opened up to psychedelics and I was ok with it. So don't make sweeping generalizations, my friend.

--------------------

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: getting a friend high? [Re: matchbook]
    #4676897 - 09/18/05 06:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

actually most christians do have a problem with the whole concept and the experience. So sorry for the sweeping generalizations. He was talking GENERAL.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4676899 - 09/18/05 06:16 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

For gods sake!!!

OfflineMattWhite
Feed My Head

Loc: UK
    #4676904 - 09/18/05 06:36 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Unless he shows interest, don't bother him.

Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
Re: getting a friend high? [Re: MattWhite]
    #4676914 - 09/18/05 06:59 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

you obviously dont know him well enough if you dont know his stands on the substance. Someone you trip with you have to be close with. You are sharing an experience. So if its not someone you are absolutly close with and feel totally comfortable being with them, I wouldn't do it with them.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag