Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Police Not Sure Where Elementary School Cocaine Came From
    #4670202 - 09/16/05 04:21 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/wrtv/20050916/lo_wrtv/2940234

Police Not Sure Where Elementary School Cocaine Came From

2 hours, 36 minutes ago

Police are trying to determine how a 10-year-old fourth grader at a local elementary school got hold of $2,000 worth of cocaine.

Slideshow: Police Not Sure How Boy Got Cocaine

Police said the student brought the drugs to Acton Elementary School in southeastern Marion County Wednesday.

Thursday, officials removed the child from the classroom, RTV6's Jeremy Brilliant reported.

Late Thursday night, the boy told police another student -- a fellow fourth-grader -- gave him the drugs.

Detectives were expected to interview that child and the child's parents Friday morning.

Franklin Township schools have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to drugs. Administrators sent a letter home with students explaining that the 10-year-old who had the narcotics in his possession was suspended until further notice.

The boy's fellow students alerted a teacher about a strange white substance. Police tests concluded the boy had 21 grams of cocaine in three small bags in the classroom and in his locker.

"No one wants to believe that this is something that happens at a young age," Acton associate principal Steve Peters said.

Police aren't sure how the boy got the cocaine.

"Who knows -- someone could have asked him to hold onto it. I don't know," Marion County sheriff's Capt. Phil Burton said.

Administrators at the Franklin Township school do not believe the boy was using or selling the drugs.

"I guess I expected we might see something like this in a middle or high school, but not in a K-4 school. I'm just amazed," parent Lisa Jacobs said.

While administrators were concerned with getting the dangerous substance out of the building, police had one main question -- where did it come from?

The boy told police the substance was dry wall shavings or chalk from his home.

Detectives searched the boy's home using a narcotics sniffing dog, looking for all types of drugs. But no drugs were found inside the home, police said.

Police thought the boy's 14-year-old brother may have been involved.

So far, the mystery of where the drugs came from remains elusive to police.

Watch RTV6 for updates to this story.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service