Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineStandsAlone
Stranger
Loc: Arcata, California
NO faith in the human race
    #4668587 - 09/16/05 04:27 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Life is horrible, all animals do on this planet is slaughter each other on a daily basis, but humans are the only animal that is actually hurting the Earth. I'm disgusted at the thought that I am part of the human species. People are worried about all the wrong things like clothes and cars and other material crap and their little rectangular pieces of paper and what other people think about them. It seems like months between times when I come across an individual who doesn't judge or contribute to the destruction of our home. I can't stand any person in my sight except a few, 2 or 3 who appear to have the right ideas about the way people should be. We are animals on this rock floating through infinite space that are smart enough to realize (at least we think we do) what we are and somewhat where we stand in the universe. We have the potential to be so wonderful but everyone is full of bullshit and their intentions are always aimed at what they can get out of the people around them. This way of life cannot continue and it is SO obvious but everyone just continues on driving there shit cars and turning the Earth into a concrete wasteland. I have no hope for the human animal and I don't think their ways will ever change until their are few of them left because they've ruined their home and there are no resources left to support anybody except a small few, then, hopefully the human species can start again and learn to resort to a way of life that is in tune with the Earth instead of building a bunch of crap that doesn't matter just because you're a greedy, ignorant bastard that doesn't want to have to do any work. If we all lived like the Native americans did before the 1400's without any violence, the human race would be so great and we would have such a beautiful planet to live on. I try to do the least that I can to support any government like working a job which they take taxes from or buying things that are taxed, but I am surrounded by complete morons and there are no rebels anymore just a bunch of mindless zombie robot followers who are worried about there college dream and there 5 bedroom house and there pollution mobile to actually wake up and stop being jackasses. I just wish people could learn to be nice or at least civil to each other. I tend to make myself very angry when I think about human stupidity which is unnecessary but I am just very very dissapointed with my fellow people. A lot of times I think about how far I could get if I got a group together and tried to exterminate us, because it would ultimately be the best thing for this planet, but it would be wrong and I have no right to pass judgement on others lives just because they are idiots. I'm usually a pretty negative thinking person but I feel blessed every morning when I wake up and get to live another day on this pretty world, but in the end I just go to sleep extremely dissapointed.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: NO faith in the human race [Re: StandsAlone]
    #4668799 - 09/16/05 09:34 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well first I have to say that before 1400 there was still violence in the American Indian culture, but nothing like the insanity of the current landlords of Amerika.

Now. IMO, you are taking all of this way too seriously. Try reading, The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. That might give you a new perspective on what is going on in this seemingly crazy world. You may find a path for your self that will make this dream a joyfull one no matter what is happening around you.

Finally, Welcome to the Shroomery! :thumbup: :heart: A little advice about your posting. Try to break things into paragraphs. Many people skip over long blocks of writing because it is so hard to read. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #4669057 - 09/16/05 11:59 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I read it, that was a quite a rant.  Instead of being completely saddened by what we do to the earth and thinking about "Exterminating" us, do something you'd enjoy.  Park ranger, environmentalist, etc.  Life is too short to be pissed off all the time, and you sound like you're really pissed off.  :shrug:  And I want a 5 bedroom house!

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: NO faith in the human race [Re: Boom]
    #4669254 - 09/16/05 12:59 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I was the same. I was so outraged at life that I planned to release a deadly virus that would effectively wipe out the entire humanity. It's true. But that was in the high (or should I say low) of my depressive episodes years ago. And then the 12 Monkeys came out and my planned was exposed.  :crazy2:

Since then I learned that my rage had (almost) nothing to do with the state of the world but with the unresolved traumas and issues from my childhood that were projected to the world and it's people ("Why didn't they help me?!"). I'm not saying the world can't be dark and depressive at times, but that's only one point of view that says more about the state of the observer than the state of the observed.

I think you have great potential to work real hard and bring positive change on the social, environmental or other issues my friend.  :thumbup: Think of sailing the great seas on Greenpeace Rainbow Warrior II, next to 20 or so blonde female activits from Sweden. Ha!?  :grin:

But I suggest you first try to face and resolve the underlying issues that still influence your worldview in such a negative way.  :mushroom2: A lot of us share this path and that's nothing to be afraid or shamed of.

Good luck!  :heart:  :thumbup:

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: NO faith in the human race [Re: Icelander]
    #4669975 - 09/16/05 03:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

this is such an emo thread.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4670434 - 09/16/05 05:18 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Humans aren't the first creature to contribute to desruction of life.

What about the blue-green algae that filled the atmosphere with oxygen, a gas that no life was able to survive on? (Until a bunch of new species popped up and made use of it)

What about the various species that hunted other species to extinction? (Believe it or not, humans weren't the first creatures to do this.)

Humans are just another thing. Sure, we're leaving quite the impact, but if you've gone to school, you probably know that throughout the history of the planet, there have been many, many instances of highly destructive forces that wiped out species and drastically altered the environment... of course what destroys in the short term sets up for a whole new kind of life in the future. That's how it's always worked in the past.

So quit complaining and acting like you're the only person on the planet who cares about the environment. There are people all over the place who are highly concerned, it's hardly an uncommon trait.

We're animals, just like anything else. You can either enjoy life on earth, for all of its ups and downs, or you can sit in the corner and sulk about how much more moral and nicer you are than everyone else.

Thinking that wiping out the human race would be the best thing for the planet is pretty sickening. The planet has been through much worse, and without humans, it'd only be a matter of time before it goes through something much worse again.

You seem to think that your opinions make you unique, but honestly, I've met like zillion teenagers who think exactly like you do, whining and complaining about how horrible humans are, as though they were somehow better than the rest of them.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinesignoffate
Only Human
Loc: Where is here?
    #4670693 - 09/16/05 06:41 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Stop seeking only for like minded characters, change will spread much faster if we dissipate into the polluted water of human consciousness. The reason you find yourself faithless is simple... you don't have any faith in yourself, not humanity. When you see some dumb ass fucking up the stream, imagine your power to step in... Everyone you witness in life is there for you, and you for them. Start acting like you know this! Judging a fools actions give you a boost, make you feel Superior maybe, take your ideals of where humanity and the world should be and demonstrate them to everyone who looks in your direction. SHOW US WHAT TO DO!

OfflineScrewjack
The InvisibleMan

Loc: Underground
    #4670974 - 09/16/05 08:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Read Ishmael by Daniel Quinn.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4672057 - 09/17/05 01:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

What's wrong with the way humans act? Who cares how much we harm the Earth?

The Earth has gone through some spots far rougher than any humanity is currently inflicting, and came out of it changed, but still thriving. I don't think humans will ever create a mass extinction near the magnitude of the one that killed off the dinosaurs, and even if we do, so what? We were given the potential, and now we should feel bad about using it? We're just animals like any other.

I think you said it best:
Quote:

We are animals on this rock floating through infinite space

Except for the infinite part.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblekrishnamurti
Stranger
Re: NO faith in the human race [Re: Screwjack]
    #4672318 - 09/17/05 02:07 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

read the bible

it is the guiding light and will show you the way.

nah, fuck the books. all i can tell you is that whatever you think on things, you are not separate from that. whether it be regret, wondering, disappointment, excitement, depression, etc. it all comes down to what you choose to think. no one needs to tell you what to think, tell yourself what to think.

--------------------
I'll see you down in Guantanamo Bay

Donate spores to FSRC or suffer the consequences!*

Wikipedia

Overgrow has been shut down :sad: check out www.icmag.com if you need MJ info

*consequences may or may not be suffered

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: NO faith in the human race [Re: Ravus]
    #4672324 - 09/17/05 02:08 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You say you hate how others are attached to their egos? But wait, take a look at yourself.

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: NO faith in the human race [Re: p4kSouL]
    #4672555 - 09/17/05 02:56 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I think this thread should be moved to Spirituality and Philosophy.

In fact, it seems like more and more threads in this board is drifting further and further away from mental/physical health and more towards a bunch of sentimental/philosophical drearies.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineStandsAlone
Stranger
Loc: Arcata, California
Re: NO faith in the human race [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #4672723 - 09/17/05 03:40 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I understand that I have ego and character problems of my own. I get major anxiety around people, I never know what to say and when people try to humiliate, embarrasse or belittle me in any way I have gotten my revenge in the past through extreme violence.Not only trying to maim and kill but enjoying it at the time. I regret the seriousness in which I injured those people and now I try to resolve conflict in other ways or just ignore it altogether.

It's a bummer that there's people in here who do not care about our Earth or whether they run it to shit or not, but I do. In person I come across as a pretty confident person who doesn't seem to give a shit about what happens, but I do, but there is also nothing any one person can do to change the direction we are heading. Some think otherwise.

I think I made it clear that I think all animals are scum and not just homo sapiens, so for whoever pointed that out.....But like I said, all animals are murderers, but dogs,cats,monkeys,fish,insects, etc. are not rapidly, or even in the slightest ruining the beauty of our planet. Humans are making a conscious choice to do this; do you think a meteor floating through space and crashing into Earth or the first animals dying because oxygen formed on Earth's surface made the choice to hurt anyone??? Meteors and air do not think. I'm very sorry I had to make that clear to you.

Also sorry for sounding like a whining pussy but I guess I just need to forget about things I can't control. I really try to be nice to the people around me, I never make negative comments toward anyone until they've done so to me, and I don't come within their personal space, but people always seem to want to run their mouths when all I want to do is just be. It makes me angry but I know I should just ignore it.

Thanks for reading my crap. Peace and Love

Offlinesignoffate
Only Human
Loc: Where is here?
    #4674472 - 09/17/05 05:17 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If someone is provoking you, it is usually be better to allow them the chance to get it out, rather than letting them move on to the next victim. I don't know exactly what I am suggesting, or if you even want to understand. Bring light to the anger, pain, and sorrow that we inflict on others, don't fight it! Let the victimizer release their emotion upon you... take it and give them something positive in return.

The more we share the less we have to carry alone!

All we have to do to clean this world is work in the lives of everyone we meet, smile and show them you DO care, Don't ignore anything or anyone, because once people start realizing how to end the paradigm... the rest will be history!

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4696728 - 09/22/05 08:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

It's a bummer that there's people in here who do not care about our Earth or whether they run it to shit or not, but I do.

Maybe you just don't understand their points of view. I don't think there's a single person here who doesn't care about the earth at all.

I think that it's easy to interpret the opinions of others as being uncaring and evil, and to always see your own point of view as being the most morally positive of all. Nobody likes to be critical of themselves, least of all people in their late teens, early twenties.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
Re: NO faith in the human race [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #4697097 - 09/22/05 09:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
this is such an emo thread.

what the hell isn't emo now adays?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being