Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Print sizes
    #466657 - 11/22/01 01:59 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Edited by ralphster44 (11/22/01 08:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedoomsday
journeyman

Re: Print sizes [Re: ralphster44]
    #466670 - 11/22/01 02:24 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with your points. As a customer I would like to see some kind of 'standard' set for print sizes and corresponding costs. As far as what they are printed on, to me, as long as the material is somewhat strong (sometimes mail gets beat up) and sterile, it is not really a concern. Also about visible spore clusters in syringes, I think it is peace of mind knowing that the original print was strong and productive. Also for the 3 days after innoculation before myc. growth i think it is peace of mind. If a vendor has treated customers well and had a fairly small complaint to success ratio, than I know the syringe is full of spores, visible or not, and will still serve the purpose well. Hope I helped

--------------------
/* echos */

Invisiblealtarego
    #466688 - 11/22/01 02:46 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I agree, though I think an alternative is to send multiples of small prints, the equivalent size of a single large one.

- AE

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Print sizes [Re: altarego]
    #466797 - 11/22/01 04:59 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Defently. I have often thout it was weird that there was one steady price for prints on most vendors sites. Moreover, even small prints (dime, penny sized) should be able to make multiple syringes. I've made 3 syringes from penny sized prints with great colonization rates. However, I defently agree that the smaller the print the lower it should cost. Thank you for bringing this up.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Anonymous

#466858 - 11/22/01 05:56 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

:wink:

Edited by Pavlov's Dog (11/22/01 09:56 PM)

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#466887 - 11/22/01 06:38 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Nice to see you read my post..
I'm assuming it was mine since it was dragged back up.
And I commented on the dime sized print I recevied from Sporeworks. I neglected to mention there was about two or 3 dime sized prints on it...However I have recived a single dime sized print from a vendor also and wasn't very thrilled so I think you should give a few small prints to equal a large or standard print of the strain... If the prints are small and you pay a standard price for the print, there should be a standard for the print you recieve. Equable...

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #466895 - 11/22/01 06:59 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Not having grown every strain available myself, I would at least like to know what an "average" size print would be for each individual strain. At least that way I could gauge my own growing results and prints I make myself to an "average" size. Since I am comfortable using agar I don't mind getting a light or small print, but I would like to know I'm not disapointing anyone I send a print to.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Print sizes [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #466908 - 11/22/01 07:25 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

The size of the print doesn?t say anything of the size the strains derived from these spores can reach, or other qualities of the print.
For instance when i grew an isolated strain of Puerto Rican cubensis not so long ago, there were very big size differences of the shrooms that grew. First there was a noticable difference in the size between the shrooms grown on dung and the ones grown o grain, the dung shrooms were much bigger. And on the grain there were many more shrooms, but in various sizes, from 2/3 inch to 2 inch cap diameter.

I traded for a mazatapec print 2 years ago with Mycomountain. The print(actually 2) were on a glas slide, each measuring a little more than 1/2 inch). Yet the cap diameter of the shrooms I grew with this print reached up to 3 inches on straw.
So the whole point is: the size of a print doesn?t say anything about it?s quality.

When I obtain spores of a new strain, i usually inoculate a few cakes with a syringe that I prepare ala psilocybers syringe tek.

I need app 2 square milimeteres (that?s app the size of the letter " o " on your screen) to get jars colonized in 10-14 days.
(if the print was fresh and clean)

The whole hype about "spore clouded syringes" isn?t worth a dime if you ask me. Actually i made the experience, that the cakes give a better fruiting if the syringe isn?t purple with spores.

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Print sizes [Re: Anno]
    #466947 - 11/22/01 08:26 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#467015 - 11/22/01 09:53 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ya theres some truth in that.
I just like big prints leaves more room for error.

OfflineAzure
old hand
Loc: California, USA
    #467056 - 11/22/01 10:32 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

To simplify things: a big print means there's a higher potential to have strains that produce big mushrooms under specific conditions. A small print doesn't necessarily mean small mushrooms...

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: Print sizes [Re: Azure]
    #467237 - 11/23/01 02:14 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Also, with a very sporefilled syringe, after germination, it means each substrain has less substrate than it would if the innoculation had been from a dilute syringe, yes? More spores are not necessisarily better.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules