Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Paul Lansky
    #4668492 - 09/16/05 03:36 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Paul Lansky is a pretty cool music professor. He has a lot of interesting stuff. Its mostly electronic, or maybe all of it is, at least I havent heard any orchestral works. Id love to however. Radiohead sampled some of his stuff for their album Kid A, I think on 2-3 songs, however Im not sure the exact number of songs. One song in particular called 'mild und leise' is used for Idioteque. They only sample a simple part of it, whereas the Lansky song is 18 minutes long. Sort of off topic but Ive always felt that Kid A is too shallow, theres no real depth to it. What you hear is what you get, unlike OK Computer where you can discover new bits to it with every new listen, at least for a while. Anyways, I have a song called not just idle chatter that he made, where its just peoples voices saying stuff that he makes a song out of. Hard to explain, but very interesting. I like this because while tripping really hard on acid one time, I was around a decently large group of people, and this is literally exactly what it sounded like. Ill upload it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media