Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemagicmike
Stranger
I need to know what to do after colonization
    #466818 - 11/22/01 05:19 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, I understand how to colonize the jars, but I am not sure on the terrium thing. Here is what I am planning. I am doing 36 1/2 pint jars right now. I am going to use a rubermaid type container, about 3 feet long and about 18" high and 18" deep. I will put 12 cakes in each one. I am going to use the spray method to humidify with the cover shield thing. I know I have to put the cakes on a raised wire mesh but is it neccesary to use paper towels as well? What are the different ways of heating and maintain temp? I have found a wireless temp and humidity meter that can use three different sensors so I can monitor all three containers at once. what else should I do???? Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineScourge
The Dr.
Loc: Near flint Michgan, USA
Re: I need to know what to do after colonization [Re: magicmike]
    #466825 - 11/22/01 05:31 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

sounds like you have it down. cold shock could help, just put hem in the fridge for a day in the jars. i'ld add wet perlite too to keep the humidity from droping to quickly afer you spray each time. Fan then spray between 3 and 5 times a day i'ld say for realy good air exchange.
Sounds like you could realy benifit from geting a cold mist humidifier on a timer. That wouldautomate your entire system so all u have to do is occationaly add a little h2o2 to the perlite and harvest.

--------------------
"Those who walk in Love and Truth shall grow in Honor and Strength."

Offlinemagicmike
Stranger
Re: I need to know what to do after colonization [Re: Scourge]
    #466838 - 11/22/01 05:39 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, how do you use perlite? Do you put it under the cakes? Under the mesh under the cakes? Can you just soak the perlite and not have to mist? please explain.

OfflineScourge
The Dr.
Loc: Near flint Michgan, USA
Re: I need to know what to do after colonization [Re: magicmike]
    #466875 - 11/22/01 06:20 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

under the mech. dont let it touch the cakes is my best advice. if you having trouble fruiting it you can put it directly on it. it cause contams after 2 flushed in my ecperiance but it will provide enough moisture directly to the cake. if you use cakes then perlite is not enough, need to mist too. not a big deal sence you still have to fan anyway. Add a cup or two of H2O2 to the wet perlite and give it a small splash of H2O2 ever couple weeks. I always wet the perlit in a baking tray and cover with foil. Bake at max for about 2 hours. let cool add to chamber. I boil any extra water i nead to soak the perlit. I hate contam so i do everything and anything posable to help with that. Make sure that there is enough water in the perlite to pool under the perlit but not so much that it's acualy causeing the perlit to float. If you put the cake on the perlite you dont want it to be submerged in any water.

--------------------
"Those who walk in Love and Truth shall grow in Honor and Strength."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix