Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRATM6
Stranger
unified activism
    #4668030 - 09/16/05 01:29 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I was recently reading a thread on a different forum similar to this one. It was started by a well respected member of the online psychoactive community.  It was a warning to online vendors that selling dried cacti like Peruvian torch and san pedro was quite easily interpreted as preparation and would be viewed as illegal by the DEA.  It warned that this vending put a serious risk to the cacti community by bringing attention to these currently legal cacti as a method to obtain an illegal substance and called for an end of this vending for the good of everyone involved.  In the thread there was talk about an organized boycott if the vendors did not stop selling these products to help protect the community that respects these cacti.

I agree with this person that selling these preped products are to obvious and risk making these cacti illegal, and agree these vendors should self regulate to help themselves and their market.  However I'm finding myself conflicting with the action proposed.  If we are ready to organize to boycott against vendors who are already taking risk to bring us products in the grey area of law, why is our community not ready organize against the ignorant, mis-informed, discriminatory, oppressive bastards who make and keep the laws? 

By surfing the various forums (though not for as long as many members) I know well enough that there are plenty of responsible productive citizens out there who have to hide an important part of their lives from co-workers, friends, and law enforcement because of a stigma started less then a century ago by an agenda based propaganda machine that still runs today. Most of us can see the problems and hardships caused by misguided drug prohibitions.  Yet for fear of the consequences as a whole, our community is not open about their disagreement with the current policies. 

I know there are many groups out there who are representing this community to policy makers and others, but if we expect any change we need to stand up against this blatant oppression as a whole.  Make a true commitment, like the boycott of  businesses would be, to informing others and making noticeable changes towards a more effective chemical policy that respects a fundamental freedom of personal consciousness.

Maybe this sounds to out of reach at this time because of the atmosphere today politically and socially, with all of the misunderstandings and policies of the past.  But there are things everyone can do. The online forums and information collections are a good place to start because it is a relatively anonymous way of increasing the volume of our voices, and information available.  This member called for action if necessary to help protect this community, sometimes that is necessary, but i think we need to call action for the liberation of this community.

felt like ranting, but I'm for real I'm sick of this shit, its never going to happen if we don't do anything. want to quit smoking ganja a day a week so we can get off the couch and make it national reform day once a week? anyways .02 more for the pot. oh by the way im usa, so this doesnt apply to everyone i guess, even though this is somewhat global because of all the pressure we put on other countries.
:mushroom2:

Edited by RATM6 (09/16/05 01:34 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRATM6
Stranger
Re: unified activism [Re: RATM6]
    #4669066 - 09/16/05 12:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

guess that goes to show the commitment we have for change.  :whocares: :nonono:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4669068 - 09/16/05 12:05 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

RATM6 said:

I have a commitment to short, easy to read paragraphs.

--------------------

OfflineRATM6
Stranger
Re: unified activism [Re: Silversoul]
    #4669426 - 09/16/05 01:38 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

make a differnce? pry not, doesnt matter its just a rant. its what i see from others of similar interests around me and all over as a whole that makes me sad at the acceptance of such an unjust situation, maybe thats just the nature of us people.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #4670139 - 09/16/05 04:08 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

RATM6 said:

:thumbup:

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

OfflineRATM6
Stranger
Re: unified activism [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4670212 - 09/16/05 04:23 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

alright good call, i feel no need to justify my long winded rant. thread dead

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #4670260 - 09/16/05 04:34 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

well, more on topic, I think you're off the mark when you say that the prohibitionistswill take any action based on the deeds of a few brave souls who make these things available to the masses...

prohibitionists do what they want, if they were going to ban cactus, they'd do it, regardless who was selling them....

if they ever get a bug up their ass over cactus, you'll see newspaper articles about online dealers corrupting minors, to be sure, but you'll also see more mainstream botanists and nurseries come under fire for selling the same items...

I think the online cactus dealers perform a valuable service... to boycott these people would be to betray everything they stand for...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

OfflineRATM6
Stranger
Re: unified activism [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4670495 - 09/16/05 05:33 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

thats what i said when i read about a boycott of the online dealers, they are not the ones who deserve wrath from us. its the prohibitionist who need to hear our voice and feel our action.

sure the Fed's will make it illegal if they feel like it which they pry will sooner or later. the argument was that these vendors are bringing very un-needed attention to this grey area by selling a semi-prepared form of the cacti instead of (in the eyes of the law) more ligament whole cacti. through which the speed of the prohibition of these cacti will increase.

we need to take action to allow these vendors and their consumers the freedom to partake in these products in a responsible way, free of discrimination and jail time.

just seems like as a whole we arnt ready for larger action.

Edited by RATM6 (09/16/05 05:34 PM)

InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

#4670701 - 09/16/05 06:43 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

RATM6 said:

Its obvious a lot of people here have trouble reading a lot of things, yet they think they have a moral obligation to change the world without knowing much about it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

General Interest >> Political Discussion