Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
possible to OD on shrooms
    #4667278 - 09/15/05 10:55 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

after reading all this shit about level 5 trips and what not im really interested in stepping up.. the highest i have been is like a 3.. i was just wondering if it was possible to OD on shrooms.. sorry for the stupid question

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJabbawaya

Re: possible to OD on shrooms [Re: PerfectlyDefectd]
    #4667327 - 09/15/05 11:02 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

No. It is not.

--------------------

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: possible to OD on shrooms [Re: PerfectlyDefectd]
    #4667338 - 09/15/05 11:03 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, you can feasibly eat enough shrooms to die, but the amount of shrooms required numbers somewhere in the dry pounds.
So, unless you were trying to commit suicide in one of the worst ways imaginable, then any dose that you may want to take will probably be safe. Even a dry ounce is considered physically harmless.

OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Re: possible to OD on shrooms [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4667347 - 09/15/05 11:05 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

ok thanks guys.. thats kinda what i was thinkin but then i was like.. shit i think if i ate too many id just roll over a go insane

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: possible to OD on shrooms [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4667349 - 09/15/05 11:05 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I would argue that you would vomit repeatedly before ever being able to ingest enough.

There's a thread on this about once every 3 weeks it seems. Don't want to start the argument again! :wink:

--------------------

OfflinePerfectlyDefectd
Dr. Pedro

Re: possible to OD on shrooms [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4667363 - 09/15/05 11:07 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

oo my bad lol.. i was just a lil curious and i tried searching first but i didnt find ne thing... but thanks for ur help

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #4667373 - 09/15/05 11:08 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

once my eyes rolled in the back of my head but that could have been the alcohol

--------------------

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: possible to OD on shrooms [Re: DeathCompany]
    #4667904 - 09/16/05 01:04 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

OD does not equal death. You can overdose on mushrooms, it IS possible for some things to happen to you, and there's always the possibility of a really bad trip which could lead to you doing stupid shit. If you're thinking about doing a real high dose for the first time id highly suggest having a few sober sitters with you. Be safe.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
Re: possible to OD on shrooms [Re: coda]
    #4667926 - 09/16/05 01:09 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

overdosing on shrooms im sure is similar to overdosing on any psycadelic substance...take Cactus for instances, my favorite, hints the name and i know that on cactus..if you take over a 1000mg dose of mesc..you could very well have your parents sign you into a mental institution...basically..you can have a brainstroke and/or never come back from a trip...stay tripping for the rest of your life..become schetzoid....Or vegetable....but that is highly unlikely..1/1000000 chance of that happening i'm sure.

--------------------
"everything written from this profile is fictional, I have no sources, nor am i a source for any type of illegal substance. This profile and post from this profile are for Entertainment purposes only. User of this profile takes no part in any type of illegal activities. This is all for sake of storytelling, to make the boring lives of some of us seem interesting.

OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
Re: possible to OD on shrooms [Re: KingCactus]
    #4667937 - 09/16/05 01:10 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

by the way..you wouldnt have to take a 1000mg of mesc to reach a level 5...take 700 and you'll be there....i personally preferred to ride a 500-600mg trip for 6 hours and then meditate for the next 3.

--------------------
"everything written from this profile is fictional, I have no sources, nor am i a source for any type of illegal substance. This profile and post from this profile are for Entertainment purposes only. User of this profile takes no part in any type of illegal activities. This is all for sake of storytelling, to make the boring lives of some of us seem interesting.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: possible to OD on shrooms [Re: KingCactus]
    #4668024 - 09/16/05 01:28 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Ya im shure he's thankful for that observation that supports "no its not", Jabberer, you seem pretty dispassioned.
Good god, its like you want people to overdo it and go fucking nuts, thus possibly ruining one year of their life or more.
You dont know shit if you dont think this shit is potentially harmful. To me an overdose means it was bad and lasted far too long outside of the context in which most of us are used to.
The kind of anxiety you can experience on a very high dose, doseage and it effects being subjective to begin with, Is enough to make people into paranoid zombie types.
Ill just say an overdose should mean something more than physical death.
Lets say you were an abused child and young adult and took some large dose. That shit can confuse those who are already confused 10 fold. You could murder someone if you were not ready to hear the message, or not capable of doing so. There are many varying degrees of problems and shrooms can make many of them worse.
Dont pretend that cause shrooms can make you so observant that it will cause the same in others. It could just give them more than they wanted, and not in a way they are willing to receive at the time

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: possible to OD on shrooms [Re: stemmer]
    #4668050 - 09/16/05 01:32 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Get real, you guys who told this thread maker that you cant od must be some lazy bastards. That, or your just ignorant. Like someone is going to realisticaly ingest the LD-50 or something.
Come on

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: possible to OD on shrooms [Re: stemmer] * 1
    #4668054 - 09/16/05 01:33 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I don't understand what you're getting so worked up about. I answered the question as simply and accurately as I could. There was no need to write a whole paragraph on it when I could answer it succinctly. What do you expect from me? In all practicality it is not possible to overdose on psilocybin mushrooms.

Please note that overdose almost always implies taking so much of a drug as to jeopardize the life of the user, usually requiring immediate medical attention (e.g. in the case of amphetamine overdose, cocaine overdose, opiate overdose, benzodiazepine overdose...). There is a CLEAR difference between "overdosed" and "took more than I intended and had a bad experience" or "couldn't handle it."

Quote:

stemmer said:
Get real, you guys who told this thread maker that you cant od must be some lazy bastards. That, or your just ignorant. Like someone is going to realisticaly ingest the LD-50 or something.
Come on

Find me a report of a death attributed solely to psilocybin intoxication.

--------------------

OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
    #4668065 - 09/16/05 01:37 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i think O.D for psycadelics leans more towards insanity.
my 02cents.

--------------------

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4668086 - 09/16/05 01:43 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Im talking about the fact that if you are going to answer someone's question, atleast be more responsible than that.
Ive seen younger folks od in terrible ways though they did not die from the shrooms. They just ruined everyone elses trip and day.Id hate to see that happen to adults specifically.
Why would you be so frank, LD-50 is easy to look up.
I hope that kid wasnt asking the question you think he was asking, otherwise, the shroomy community, though sometimes well read and educated can be pretty brash and ignorant. That aint the spirit of the drug man. Get some inspired capasity to text man.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4668102 - 09/16/05 01:51 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks kingcactus, my point exactly.
I cant post htmls, but grown men and women have died from semilanceata intox.
Children have more often unintentionally.
Thats besides the point. ODing hopefuly means something that is acheivable in the realm of hallucinogenics. Cause its bad, not good, but harmful.
IN General, ODs dont apply to halluc., they can fuck you up for a long time though, I was just thinking how people can be so brash and thus misinform interested people who have the time to write a question. Your answer was actually funny, I dont think this guy is going to go eat 20 grams dried or something,(I know, that would not kill him anyways).

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4668124 - 09/16/05 01:56 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

My dad eats shrooms and he is 56 years old. If he ate 6 grams he could have a heart attack. He knows that and he has not taken 6 grams dried before. He is too weak physically to stand up to it, not to mention the fact that an anxiety issue would most definately be an issue with anyone going that far for the first time, (not to mention bloodpressure related difficulties that could cause problems).

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#4669553 - 09/16/05 02:02 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Please note that overdose almost always implies taking so much of a drug as to jeopardize the life of the user, usually requiring immediate medical attention (e.g. in the case of amphetamine overdose, cocaine overdose, opiate overdose, benzodiazepine overdose...).

please note that its stupid to think of an overdose that way, OD's can happen unintentionally, you can easily OD on mushrooms or any other psychedellic. Just because you live through the experience doesnt mean anything negative happened to you. Lots of changes can occur both mentally and physically, drugs are drugs, ALL drugs have the potential to harm or kill the user.

I used to be a big supporter of the "oh they're harmless movement". But after seeing and experiencing a lot of negative things myself ive come to the conclusion that NOTHING is harmless. The probability is low that you'll get hurt or die, but its still there. Can you die from psylicybin? It's possible, but not likely, but keep in mind just because you dont die from the chemical itself does not mean the chemicals effects, or side effects, cant kill or hurt you.

Remember there is NO harmless drug out there, dont fall under the bullshit security blanket of "harmless drugs", always be safe and know your body before dosing on any drug.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Re: possible to OD on shrooms [Re: coda] * 1
    #4670219 - 09/16/05 04:26 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Over dosing, literally, refers to taking more than the intended dose. The actual term, overdose, means to take a life threatening amount of a drug.
So wigging out and going insane IS NOT overdosing. That is just a bad trip.

Stemmer, you seem like a fairly knowledgeable person, but you really need to adjust your attitude or something. No one will take you seriously if all that you do is flame or take an aggressive "im right and your wrong, dumbass" standpoint, especially if you're arguing an opinion.
I recommend reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie (not just for you, stemmer, i recommend that to everyone who hasn't already read it).

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4670279 - 09/16/05 04:40 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

stemmer said:
I cant post htmls, but grown men and women have died from semilanceata intox.

They most certainly have not.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience