Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Will we finally get to see if "conservative" policy helps poverty?
    #4667021 - 09/15/05 10:05 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Lets face it. The past 40 years of addressing poverty in the US have been totally dominated by liberal policy. The conservatives had ideas and they were able to squeak by some tax cuts for small businesses and the middle class but they were never able to reform welfare and never able to fully implement an alternative plan. 40 years and 6.6 trillion dollars real money later, this is where we are.

I know much of the Bush admins proposal for New Orleans reeks of big government and spending but as we have seen, this is apparently what most americans want so i digress. Aside from the massive spending, I think a lot of his plan is *very* interesting from a fiscal conservative standpoint. School vouchers, utilizing federal land for home building, unprecedented offers for entrepreneurs and small business start-ups, a focus on getting the citizens into paying jobs...Its all very ambitious and, most importantly, different from what has been done in the past. Im interested in seeing how this works out.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
Re: Will we finally get to see if "conservative" policy helps poverty? [Re: Catalysis]
    #4667534 - 09/15/05 11:38 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

the only thing conservatism is going to do is try and turn this country into an intolerable nation of bible thumping bastards.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion