Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Loc: The Trenches of France
Superdome Legacy
    #4666237 - 09/15/05 07:06 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

So how will Black history look back on what happened at the Superdome in the wake of Katrina?

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Superdome Legacy [Re: Unagipie]
    #4666274 - 09/15/05 07:14 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

What's black history and where can I find it's eyes?

--------------------

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
    #4666278 - 09/15/05 07:15 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Something along the lines of

"whitey is evil, he ain't give us nuff stuff yet"

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Superdome Legacy [Re: MagicalMystery]
    #4666348 - 09/15/05 07:28 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I really hope you guys are just posting the extreme opposite of what others here post, because I honestly cannot understand. I agree that most of new orleans was black, and that they were all lower class, probably abusing the welfare system, etc, etc. It happens, and I dont like the people for it. There are also the extremely racist black people who do think that whitey owes them, however, to make a stab at the whole culture is wrong.

There are many successful black people in our society, and to think they all carry this attitude is completely wrong. I know many, and I honestly cannot say that many of them think like that.

I dunno.

And I really dont think Katrina or the superdome is part of black history, they died in a hurricane, not on a slave ship. They may have been black, but this didnt happen because they were black. People in the government may or may not be racist, but people know where they live, and what a hurricane will do to them, unless they are idiots, and a good portion of N.O. seems to be full of idiots.

George bush and his homies can go get into some gangsta shit with the N.O. homies, and hopefully they will all die and the news will move on.

You honestly think there can be a natural disaster taking out a good chunk of a state, and there not be looting, or governments failing to take action, or violemt crimes, or any of that? Come on.

It happend, people need to start moving forward instead of questioning the existence of hurricanes.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Re: Superdome Legacy [Re: tak]
    #4666381 - 09/15/05 07:36 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

And I really dont think Katrina or the superdome is part of black history, they died in a hurricane, not on a slave ship.

It's not about the cause of the disaster but the response. For a few days the people at the Superdome were living out there like animals. If the same thing that happened in New Orleans happened else where, I doubt the people would be fending for themselves for nearly a week.

And yea, I think the Superdome will be one of the last recorded major injustices experienced by mostly a black populace. Sure, people like to say race had nothing to do with it, but this was said about lynchings too. The logic used back then was that rapists were being hung by trees, not blacks

--------------------

Don't fight it. Just let the illuminados take over your mind. You be at bliss soon.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4666473 - 09/15/05 07:54 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Unagipie said:
So how will Black history look back on what happened at the Superdome in the wake of Katrina?

"It's all Whitey's fault"

OfflineUnagipie
Pilgrim -DBK鰻

Re: Superdome Legacy [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4666494 - 09/15/05 07:58 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

It not fucking whitey's fault, it's the fault of subtle racism influenced by an array of factors ranging from politics to poverty that in the end, resulted in a slow ass emergency response. Not all white people racists.

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #4667004 - 09/15/05 09:59 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

There is such a thing as unconscious racism. People naturally relate to people like themselves. When Bush saw images of the Superdome on tv he didn't see any white faces wearing cowboy hats and his heart didn't go out to them. There was no sense of urgency. The Bush family is aristocratic and historically out of touch with poor people and minorities going back to Prescott Bush.

Remember when George Bush Sr. was running for reelection and during a photo op at a grocery store it became apparent he had no idea what a scanner was?

Barbara Bush said the evacuees at the Astrodome actually had it better there than where they came from. The Bush admins slow response should come as no surprise to anyone who knows this family.

Having said that, the situation was more complex than that, and there is plenty of blame to go around. But it's easier to forgive logistical mistakes than a lack of caring. Americans don't like that and Bush's prestige will suffer as a result and rightfully so.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Superdome Legacy [Re: Jellric]
    #4667018 - 09/15/05 10:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I know it may be hard people, but try and remember that Bush is just the head of the executive branch with specific duties. He is not America's daddy.

The last thing we want are bad precedents to be set.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #4667245 - 09/15/05 10:51 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Unagipie said:

Fuck Whitey!

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#4667351 - 09/15/05 11:05 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I think the race issue is a bit of a distraction.

The failure of FEMA had more to do with the incompetent cronies Bush appointed than overt racism.

OfflineMagicalMystery
turn off yourmind

Loc: Here, there and everywher...
Re: Superdome Legacy [Re: d33p]
    #4667524 - 09/15/05 11:34 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
I know it may be hard people, but try and remember that Bush is just the head of the executive branch with specific duties. He is not America's daddy.

The last thing we want are bad precedents to be set.

Well said

--------------------

"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest."
From the Declaration of the Continental Congress

"We can have peace and security only as long as we band together to preserve that most priceless possession, our inheritance of European blood."
Charles A. Lindbergh,"Aviation, Geography, and Race", Reader's Digest, Nov. 1939

"We must secure the existance of our people and a future for White children."
David Lane

Offlineblu3
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
    #4669520 - 09/16/05 01:55 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Unagipie said:

I think everyone who replied to this got it correct...
Ignore their part
and blame the oppression from the white men.
GET A FUCKING CLUE PEOPLE. (not yall.. blacky over at the astrodome)
grr.

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
    #4670119 - 09/16/05 04:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I know sports are very important to certain segments of society, but how much of the money spent (or given up) by the local government for the superdome could have gone to shoring up the levees?

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #4670189 - 09/16/05 04:18 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

According to some this will lead to another great migration... I know that i'm seeing a lot more black faces around here lately, five years ago the only black people around here were the wiggas...

after growing up in new york and being accustomed to mucho diversity, it was kind of a shock to me to be in a place where everyone was white... now we see blacks, mexicans, the occasional arab in a burqua, and a lot of bosnians...

this is redneck florida, so common wisdom would suggest there'd be a lot of racial tension, but there isn't... I have a feeling that the 'all white' or 'all black' neighborhood will soon be a thing of the past...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion