Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinescrob
Bingo Bongo

Loc: Redstar
Mushroom Hunting in Edinburgh, Scotland
    #4665114 - 09/15/05 03:05 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Hello, this is my first post so please don't flame me for being a newbie or anything.  I've had a look at the rules and I can see you guys don't like people asking for specific information on mushroom sites so I hope this post isn't breaking any rules...

I am a student in Edinburgh and would like to locate some mushrooms.  From reading this site I see liberty caps are the species I should be looking for so when we get some rain I plan to go looking.  Does anyone know if Edinburgh council uses any sort of pesticides on their land to keep us students from collecting mushrooms? I don't want to waste my time scouring large areas of their land if they have been killed off..

Thanks in advance and if anyone has any other general advice it would be much appreciated.

scrob  :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekoraks
Re: Mushroom Hunting in Edinburgh, Scotland [Re: scrob]
    #4665579 - 09/15/05 04:23 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

To me, nothing is known of fungicides employed in the Lothain region on any significant scale. The surroundings of Edinburgh are very suitable for liberty caps, so with a little bit of luck and patience, you should be able to find some. Have fun while you're there and be sure to go to a concert in the Liquid Room (Victoria st.), nice ambiance there!

Offlinescrob
Bingo Bongo

Loc: Redstar
Re: Mushroom Hunting in Edinburgh, Scotland [Re: koraks]
    #4666772 - 09/15/05 08:57 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I love the Liquid Room, Layo & Bushwacka are playing in a few weeks time.  Not quite sure that I would go though under the influence of our fungal friends, I think the buzz and atmosphere would send me crazy! Cheers for the info on the Lothian area too mate :smile:

OfflineWavygravy
Stranger
Re: Mushroom Hunting in Edinburgh, Scotland [Re: scrob]
    #4887114 - 11/03/05 06:32 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I've been picking lib caps in Edinburgh for the past few weeks, and the way the weather is going, unless there is a stiff frost, they should continue until end of November. They are everywhere just now - I walked along one street in West Edinburgh with front lawns and they could be found on half of them. I wouldn't take them though...

The council run putting green round the corner is a good spot. Council run golf courses are full of them. Cricket pitches on north side of Edinburgh are also good. Edinburgh is built on seven hills, like Rome, and most of them are good for lib caps. The seven hills are Braid, Calton, Arthurs Seat, Colinton, Blackhall, Corstorphine and Craiglockhart.

I'm a bit warier of collecting them now that they are a class A drug. Keep thinking that L&B police are lurking in the bushes waiting for someone to make an example of. I don't carry a bag or anything - I just squat down pretending to tie my shoelaces and pluck a few handfuls and put them in my jacket poket, which has been lined with kitchen paper.

Then I dry them at home for future use...

InvisibleGoKart
Dr.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Mushroom Hunting in Edinburgh, Scotland [Re: Wavygravy]
    #4887898 - 11/03/05 12:00 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I'm in the North West and I find hunting cyanescens is much better because your usually in a forrest where they're isn't many people there and if anyone asks me what I'm doing I just say I'm doing a scienetific study or something.

Happy hunting :thumbup:

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/pteropilot

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification