Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

Loc: Cloud 9
Questions about Incubator
    #4664970 - 09/15/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well I decided im going to make an incubator out of an old Sterilite tupperware that I used to use for a terrarium. Im going to line the inside of the box with black trash bags so that it blocks out any light. Since the temperature without anything in there is already around 77 degrees im just gonna put my jars in there and throw a blanket over them. Which should get me my desired temperature around 83-86, if not ill move the box in another room and lower the AC.

Anyways here are my questions.

Do I have to worry about sterility in the incubator? I already cleaned the tub with soap and water, do I need to do anything else?

The tub has somewhat of an airlock top, should I leave the top on or just leave it open?

Any input is appreciated.

--------------------
I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild. - HOFFMAN

My Print/Syringe Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Questions about Incubator [Re: Smartweed]
    #4665067 - 09/15/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

no sterility in the incubator isnt 100% important, but still i wouldnt go doing anything crazy, as long as you have some kind of filter on your jars.. 
i would leave your top on, it will help keep the heat in. no need to fan or anything if your just incubating jars.. .

well theres :2cents: hope it helps some, l8r

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

InvisibleSmartweed
Psychelica
 User Gallery

Loc: Cloud 9
Re: Questions about Incubator [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4665272 - 09/15/05 01:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I read somewhere that jars need air exchange for mycelium growth, will it be fine with the top on?

--------------------
I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild. - HOFFMAN

My Print/Syringe Trade List

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#4668822 - 09/16/05 07:53 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

the air exchange for your jars come from the wholes you punch in the lids, you should punch your holes for your syringe to go into and in the middle of the lid punch like a 1/4" hole and either fill with poly-fill or go to the post office and get some tyvek envelopes and make up some filter disks to cover the wholes when you put the rings on the jars. thats how the jars get there air exchange. once you case or birth your cakes, then fanning for air exchange comes into play.

--------------------

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4668831 - 09/16/05 08:02 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

More air exchange just speeds growth. It is not a must to have filters on your jars. When I did my very first PF tek grow, I had my lids tight on the jars and left the tape over the holes (contam paranoia) and they still colonized in about 3 weeks.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Questions about Incubator [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4668842 - 09/16/05 08:13 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

willmafingerdo said:

no sterility in the incubator isnt 100% important, but still i wouldnt go doing anything crazy, as long as you have some kind of filter on your jars..

I disagee with you on this...a little.

I think its very important to keep your incubator as sterile and clean as possible.

especially if you are doing pf tek BRF/Verm jars.

the TIT incubator needs to be cleaned in both the top and bottom containers on a regular basis...you don't want contams growing in either container.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Questions about Incubator [Re: Roadkill]
    #4668866 - 09/16/05 08:27 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, you want to eliminate as many contamination risks as possible during any grow. Grows are time consuming and whenever you get contams you have to start over :evil: . You've kept things clean up to this point, why go half-ass now? Spray that sucker down with Lysol and wipe it down or better yet an alcohol/water mix. :thumbup:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Questions about Incubator [Re: Roadkill]
    #4668872 - 09/16/05 08:31 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

oh deffinetly.. you got to clean out your tub between goes, i just meant while your inoculating jars, you dont have to sterilize the room every time you go to open up your tub to check on your jars.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures