Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePookztA Happy Birthday!
Medical Student

Loc: Illinois
Idea for easy Poo inoculation and possible large flushes with ease!
    #4663943 - 09/15/05 07:52 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I had a dream last night... which would be taking a non transparent small tupperware (preferabbly disposable), filling this with 50/50 or 60/40 substrate, preferabbly Poo, simply adding sterile water, and nuking the shit outta this giant tupperware. Assuming this sterylizes it, i would then poke holes with a sterylized nail, and simply use a syringe to inoculate the small pan in many different areas? this would basically be casing, without having to colonize cakes first... and i guess you could always lay down a thin layer of dry vermiculite to help prevent contam, but if the lid had never come off after nuking the oven, and u simply poked holes, this would seem to be just as safe as a PF Jar, just without the hastle of then having to case the jar and risk contamination in that process. has anyone tried this? it seems that it would work, simply fill tupperware with desired substrate, seal with top, nuke in microwave, let cool, poke holes, innoc, place in sterile incubating chamber until ready to be transfered to the FC. anyone tried something like this?

--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTrav
Stranger

Re: Idea for easy Poo inoculation and possible large flushes with ease! [Re: PookztA]
    #4663955 - 09/15/05 08:01 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The problem I've had with trying to microwave my way through grows in the past has been water content. Your idea might work but I think the easiest way to get some big flushes is to Spawn a jar to some Tennessee Stud poop.

I wasn't the cleanest one could be and I still haven't had any contam problems, and let me just say you will not be dissapointed with flushes from shit. I've been doing this hobby for a few years, and spawning to poop is the easiest, fastest, and most effective method I've tried yet.

OfflinePookztA Happy Birthday!
Medical Student

Loc: Illinois
Re: Idea for easy Poo inoculation and possible large flushes with ease! [Re: Trav]
    #4664303 - 09/15/05 10:05 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

man you guys are the best :wink:

--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Idea for easy Poo inoculation and possible large flushes with ease! [Re: PookztA]
    #4664381 - 09/15/05 10:29 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think spawn bags would be a HELL of alot easier than that. Alot of people use tupperware PF tek style in the microwave already.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures