Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Amanita VT formosa or doom
    #4661288 - 09/14/05 07:09 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well is this an amanita M Formosa or stomach ache cause it looked exactly like the on i found in NJ it in alot younger stage so i dunno i kind broke it so this is just a small piece
:crazy2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Amanita VT formosa or doom [Re: thedudenj]
    #4661837 - 09/14/05 09:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The part we need to see most is the base of the stem. There are many yellow to orange to tan capped Amanita species. From the little bit in those photos there is no hope of identifying it accurately.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Amanita VT formosa or doom [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4664333 - 09/15/05 12:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

well as you can see i have found amanita before like the one in the jar it had the same stem and base the only difference in this one is its alot brighter yellow which i found questionable and the smell is a bit different now where i found it they use pesticides and grass grow stuff so i doubt its safe to consume but theres is a mountain across for where i found this that is loaded with pine and birch and spruce and all sort of needle tree so i figure i will  have a good chance in finding some Formosa do those look like the trademark spots on it but with out at doubt it had the same stem base it was in the early stage where it looks like an egg so since it is raining today i plan to make a expedition up the mountain and get more samples or is the day after a really humid rain bad cause i thought that was prime time cause tomorrow is suppose to be really hot :crazy2: although it is possible it could be frostiana  right?
my only problem is i dont have my microscope or good camera so  have to use picture phone to take them i will collect any and all specimens can post pictures i also have seen what appears to the pantherina but one they are easy to get mixed up two they scare me but o yeah it could be guessowii  right cause isnt that pretty much the same psychoatively

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#4664725 - 09/15/05 01:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

well while walking to day i found alot more and now im puzzled im sorry bout shitty camera but its all i have right now and tis the season so the first one i only could get one pic of cause poeple so im really un sure of that one cause i have seen picks of formosa that look like that so ? any who the rest are the same one here we go

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #4667950 - 09/16/05 01:13 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

They could be, but I can't tell from those photos. The third one is a good angle, but the focus is off so I can't see the details of the volva.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification