Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Salvia, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

IT Has Begun!
    #4660826 - 09/14/05 05:26 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Found out a guy I know just started a science store around my area whooped e doo lol. I got some Litmus papers there with a range of 0-14. I just now started the first part of the DMt extraction from QT's extraction guide at  Erowid Hosts QT's Guide .

I measured out 30g of MH and put it into a large blender. I put it on highest setting and had a lil hassle, there was alot of stringy fiber? This fiber got intanegeled with the blades and it wouldnt belnd anymore so I had to work the tangels out  :crazy2:. It took about 7 minutes to powderize most of the bark ( I thought I could powderize the fiber but it never really got to that point). It is a fine powder... very fine. It has a nice pinkish color.. though whenever I lifted the cap to the blender I felt that the haze that left was wasting some of my yield since it was getting away i didnt mind it since this always happens it's just a feeling. I also couldnt scoop up all the VERY thin layer of dust like particles stuck on the sides of the blender all i could do was shake, beat, thomp on the blender then use my finger to scrape up the thin layer and try and scoop it off my hands which worked alright. I then put it into the freezer to freeze then I will thaw it. Since it's already a fine powder (except for fiber) should I go ahead and not powderize it even more after I thaw it? Also how many times should I freeze and thaw for MH?

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (09/14/05 05:29 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJabbawaya

Re: IT Has Begun! [Re: Muppet69_420]
    #4660834 - 09/14/05 05:28 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You don't need to freeze and thaw too many times, just enough to break down the cell walls a fair bit. Three seems to work pretty well.

I hope it all goes well!

--------------------

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: IT Has Begun! [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4660901 - 09/14/05 05:40 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry a friend just told me it's alright to leave the fiber as is and use in extraction. Sorry he beat you all to it :P no post record for joo lol.  :grin:

--------------------
Quote:

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (09/14/05 06:04 PM)

InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
    #4661606 - 09/14/05 08:37 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

30 grams of root bark is not enough. You'll only get a couple of doses for your effort. QT's extraction sucks. Find a better one.

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: IT Has Begun! [Re: Letto]
    #4663688 - 09/15/05 04:27 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Thats not very constructive... I have heard from this boards that thats an excellent extraction and why wouldnt it be? It says you'll only get 2-4 doses anyways I dont have that much bark to work with. Only 56g in total and it's inner-bark high quality. If you know this guide isnt as good could you please give me one you think is?

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #4663716 - 09/15/05 05:11 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

QT's tek is good for understanding the basic procedure, i.e. what happens to the alkaloids. The major difference I've found between this and all the other teks is that QT says to perform the second and third extraction during the course of two weeks, when in fact all three extractions can be performed consecutively in 2-3 hours. Also, a stronger solvent than naptha, such as xylene, is recommended for defatting. And the concensus is that it's a little better to extract at pH 4 than pH 2, though I don't know how crucial that is.

This acacia tek is good, and you don't have to limit yourself to acacia necessarily.

This one is also good, though it's missing half its images since its poster got busted for blabbing about Mars.

I've tried a few extractions in the past, but I never got anything better than sticky, oily, gooey crystals--which were unmanageable. But I also cut a few corners, (and I don't know jack squat about chemistry). So good luck! There's a reason why this stuff is so rare.

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: IT Has Begun! [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4663789 - 09/15/05 07:20 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

AH Yes I like those two there I alrdy knew about the first though. I like the second one because It explains the equipement before the procedure starts which in my case is essential since I alrdy went shopping. I have more of the lab utensils in the 2nd tek you gave me. I know of a shop where I could go get pyrex lab bottles but I would rather use my 3 peach jars with caps. All I need to do now is scrape my pyrex baking dish of the salvia ressin and smke that and ill have everything.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

#4663803 - 09/15/05 08:05 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Buchner Funnel and Pump -500ml - Marked D
Is that essential? because If so im not going to use those extractions and just try QT's im sick of running around then suddenyl being told QT's extraction sucks even though its the most common. Im not going to be wasting any more money on utensils even if it saddens me to use QT's after being told that.

Is there anyway to work around the Buchner Funnel and Pump -500ml-? Do I need it?

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (09/15/05 08:06 AM)

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

#4664840 - 09/15/05 02:13 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Alright I sat down and enjoyed 5 good long movies to calm my nerves. Then meditated and concluded that I would go out shopping "again" *sigh*, I going to use acacia tek guide. It seems like a fun extraction and hopefully a good one. Im using 50g (I might just use all 56g) of MH bark. I need to go shopping for a pyrex measuring jug (found at my friends store), pyrex baking dish x2, a colander (got one but its barrowed... gotta go get one), a tea strainer, a 2L jar, got my type four Ph strips, Washing Soda,Tartaric ACid (does xylene leave residue? Just wondering), Non Polar Wash Solvent : Toluene (where can I find this?), Ethyl Ether, Dropper Bottle.. and thats that.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (09/15/05 02:15 PM)

InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
Re: IT Has Begun! [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4665225 - 09/15/05 03:24 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

The images are missing because the user didn't feel comfortable having them on his server space. I don't know what you're talking about blabbing about Mars.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4666009 - 09/15/05 06:11 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

By the way Savako,you know that the weight of the end product depends also on the acid used?

That means that as a freebase you will have the same if you use HCl as an acid or Tartaric acid.The tartarate salt will be heavier though than th hydrochloride!

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: IT Has Begun! [Re: Psiloman]
    #4666152 - 09/15/05 06:40 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Wait, I thought it was the freebase we are making here, not the salt. Right? So why should it matter what the weight of the salt is? Would dosage be different at all? I guess I'm a little confused by this, Psiloman.

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: IT Has Begun! [Re: ToolTroll]
    #4666184 - 09/15/05 06:51 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Ah,my bad sorry! I got confused so i confused you as well...

So no worries Savako ,by basifying in the last step before non polar solvent addition will yield you the freebase!

I actually had another method in my mind,starting with a non polar solver heated in a waterbath and then going to washes with acidified water.

Sorry about the distraction!

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: IT Has Begun! [Re: Psiloman]
    #4670437 - 09/16/05 05:18 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

It's all good! :thumbup:
Good luck, Savako!

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: IT Has Begun! [Re: ToolTroll]
    #4673019 - 09/17/05 05:28 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks!  :smile:

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

#4673097 - 09/17/05 06:55 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I was wondering if a 250ml Separatory Funnel would be ok to use in Acacia's extraction. Thats all I got so I hope it is.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

#4674398 - 09/17/05 04:51 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Mar's Tek

Im going to use that. I heard it's the easiest and your more likely to obtain crystals.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

#4702438 - 09/23/05 10:40 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Im in the middle of the NON-POLAR extraction. It's been sitting for 40-60minutes. It still has a dark color to the liquid and theres a layer on the bottom that is purple (looks like a grape or strawberry smoothy) and theres a thin layer of purple bubbles at the top of the mason jar. If anyone has anything to say plase do.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Salvia, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience