Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleYthanA
٩(●̮•̃)۶
Male

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands, USA Flag
Trial ordered in pot brownie case
    #4658742 - 09/14/05 10:22 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/sanluisobispo/12630608.htm

Registered nurse William Jodry started feeling different after the fourth brownie.

His skin started tingling. A weight settled on his shoulders, as if he was wearing a heavy leather coat.

He found himself struggling to concentrate as he flipped through a manual about how to inject the medicine-filled syringe in his hand in a patient's intravenous line.

"I was starting to wonder, 'Am I having a stroke?' " Jodry said, "because, as nurses, we tend to think of the worst things."

Then the thought hit him, he said. "Someone ... spiked the brownies."

Jodry was among three Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center employees who testified Monday about experiencing symptoms including dizziness, giddiness and nausea April 20 after unknowingly eating marijuana-laced brownies.

Arthur Wayne Bethel, 29, will stand trial on charges that he baked the tainted treats that sickened as many as 11 hospital workers, Judge Dodie Harman ruled after Monday's preliminary hearing in San Luis Obispo County Superior Court.

The Morro Bay man pleaded not guilty June 29 to a felony charge of mingling a harmful substance with food.

According to investigative records, Bethel brought a plate of brownies to the San Luis Obispo hospital after joking with his wife's boss about National Stoners Day. He has denied putting marijuana in the treats.

At the time, Bethel's wife worked as a clerk on the medical and surgical floor of the hospital, court records show. She no longer works for Sierra Vista, hospital spokesman Ron Yukelson said Monday.

Evangelina Sanchez, a nurse's aide, said she grew ill about 3:30 p.m. that day, about a half-hour after eating two slightly burned brownies she found in the break room.

Sanchez said she felt so dizzy while waiting to pick up her children from Laguna Middle School that she threw up "two or three times." Then she dozed off for two hours while her children waited to leave.

When she tried to exit the school parking lot, Sanchez said she almost hit a tree.

Sierra Vista floor supervisor Elaine Jacobs also had trouble driving after eating one of the brownies, she told an investigator with the county District Attorney's Office.

"She found herself stopped at an intersection basically daydreaming, sitting there and not knowing why," said the investigator, Thomas Tolbert.

Hospital tests of the workers' urine revealed marijuana, prosecutors said. The San Luis Obispo Police Department confirmed those results after testing a sample of the brownies saved by Jodry, Tolbert said.

On Monday, Bethel quietly watched the witnesses as they spoke. He sat next to his attorney, Dave Fisher, with his hands in his lap.

"The case against the defendant that he performed an illegal act is very slim to none," Fisher said during the preliminary hearing. "I think it's too many pieces with not enough filler between them."

Deputy District Attorney Linda Luong declined to comment.

Bethel is scheduled to appear in court Oct. 12 for a second arraignment.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Trial ordered in pot brownie case [Re: Ythan]
    #4658748 - 09/14/05 10:26 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

man im all for a good prank, but nurses who have never gottesn stoned before, that is just wrong. they have peoples lives in their hands.

also when you eat weed it seems to hit you stronger and last longer imho. even after smoking for a few years in the past, after eating some weed cookies i made i was FUCKED

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisibledr_gonz
Re: Trial ordered in pot brownie case [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4658930 - 09/14/05 11:44 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

what a waste of good brownies.

Offlinesander
learning

Loc: MA and IA
Re: Trial ordered in pot brownie case [Re: Ythan]
    #4661364 - 09/14/05 07:24 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
The San Luis Obispo Police Department confirmed those results after testing a sample of the brownies

haha

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
Re: Trial ordered in pot brownie case [Re: sander]
    #4662537 - 09/14/05 11:37 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

*munch munch* yep thats marijuana alright..... damn teenagers... haha, also i must note, depending on the potency i would think that if the fat bastard had eaten more of a variety of food instead of 4 browies for lunch he might have been ok. lol

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service