Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinei8boomers
Title?! neverhad one

Loc: USA
Dunk to lc?
    #4656629 - 09/13/05 07:07 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ok got another noob here...I am sure this is an old topic.

I have searched for this and am unable to find the answer. So my thought is to take the water left over from dunking and trying to make an lc out of it. Assuming pure H20 is used to dunk with no bleach or H202.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: Dunk to lc? [Re: i8boomers]
    #4656646 - 09/13/05 07:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

huuuuh, why? do you think there is myc left in the water after a dunk? not ime but maybe there is, how would you go about sterilizing it after the myc might already be present. what about some kind of nutrient in the water, don't think the myc will grow in just plain water. more than likely would end up being a contam fest.
:peace:

Offlinei8boomers
Title?! neverhad one

Loc: USA
Re: Dunk to lc? [Re: backupwards]
    #4656664 - 09/13/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well my thought is the solution after dunking should be cont free. If so you could then add some sol of karo and water similar to the teks in Mycelium Culture Techniques. I dunno maybe I'll just have to try it.

I do agree though cont would be a huge concern.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: Dunk to lc? [Re: i8boomers]
    #4656686 - 09/13/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i'm not sure you would end up with contam free water after doing a dunk but maybe you can pull it off. can you pull it off everytime though is the question.
best of luck
:peace:

OfflineBone Collector
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Dunk to lc? [Re: backupwards]
    #18410305 - 06/12/13 07:33 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

SWIM has recently been running some brf cakes knocked with red spore. The experiment SWIM has been conducting is to see how long he can pull viable fruit from the cakes. 10 cakes knocked up early march, into FC after 3 weeks in the incubator. Had continuously fruiting cakes for 3 weeks with standard temp and humidity control. Literally plucked fruit daily. Had a lull in production on 6 cakes. Dunked in water 8 hours they began fruiting again after three days. All cakes remained fruiting til a week ago, dunk time. SWIM dunked, swim had ceremonious gathering with friends, swim remembered cakes 32 hours later. Swim took cakes out and back to FC they went. Few days passed they began fruiting. Hurray! Back to the point. Swim decided to save the dunk water based off of the same curiosity of the op's question. Filtered verm and floaties out via coffee filter. Lid, then into incubator it went. Two days later, looked like most of my other few day old LC's. will knock some grain with it to see if it is as good or its a bust. Experimentation is a lot of fun.

Try stuff. You may make a discovery that others can learn from.

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dunk to lc? [Re: Bone Collector]
    #18410386 - 06/12/13 07:46 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

QUIT BUMPING OLD THREADS WITH YOUR SWIM BS!

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dunk to lc? [Re: cronicr]
    #18410571 - 06/12/13 08:15 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cronicr said:
QUIT BUMPING OLD THREADS WITH YOUR SWIM BS!

:whathesaid:

Also, that's a fucking terrible idea. I can guarantee that you have mold and nothing more growing in that water.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract