Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Fight Between La., Houston Students Leads To School Riot
    #4656313 - 09/13/05 07:46 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Fight Between La., Houston Students Leads To School Riot
Parents, Students Say Brawl About Respect, Who Controls School

POSTED: 3:22 pm CDT September 13, 2005
UPDATED: 4:25 pm CDT September 13, 2005

HOUSTON -- A fight Tuesday morning led to a riot between Houston students and evacuated students from Louisiana attending a southeast Houston high school, television station KPRC reported.

Officers with the Houston Police Department and the Houston Independent School District said 20 to 25 students were involved in the 8 a.m. fight at Jesse Jones High School.

HISD confirmed the brawl was between Houston students and students evacuated from Louisiana because of Hurricane Katrina who are temporarily attending the school.

"One of the Jones' kids tossed a soft drink can into the group of News Orleans' kids," HISD spokesman Terry Abbot said.

The confrontation about respect and which group of students controlled the school had been brewing for days, according to students and parents.

"We are trying to help them and they are coming over here beating up our children. I don't think it's fair," one parent told KPRC.

When the fight cleared, three students had been injured and transported to a hospital. Five other students were arrested and charged with disruption of school activities, a Class C misdemeanor.

Police were also forced to clear parents from the area.

"They got gangs in Houston. They got gangs in New Orleans. They all coincide right here. I don't want nobody just blaming New Orleans people," another parent told the station.

The Jones High School principal warned all students that violence would not be tolerated on campus.

School officials said the school day had pretty much ended by noon and were asking parents to pick up their children.

KPRC spoke with several parents of students from Louisiana who said they were not sure if they would allow their children to return to class on Wednesday because of safety concerns.

"We have three full-time police officers assigned here from the HISD Police Department. We've also asked for assistance from the Houston Police Department," Abbott said.

HISD officials said more than 3,000 students from Louisiana are attending schools in the district, and that up until this fight, the district had not experienced any trouble with the displaced students.
Distributed
http://www.thejacksonchannel.com/news/4968654/detail.html

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblephreakyzen
My God is anAwesome God

Loc: Under the sea
Re: Fight Between La., Houston Students Leads To School Riot [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4656382 - 09/13/05 08:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

This happened because "George Bush doesn't care about black people!"

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Fight Between La., Houston Students Leads To School Riot [Re: phreakyzen]
    #4656616 - 09/13/05 09:03 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Bush knew there'd be riots!

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Fight Between La., Houston Students Leads To School Riot [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4656635 - 09/13/05 09:09 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Fuck it, let them have an all out brawl. Less idiots in the world would be the outcome!

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Fight Between La., Houston Students Leads To School Riot [Re: barfightlard]
    #4656684 - 09/13/05 09:26 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

bellylard said:
Fuck it, let them have an all out brawl. Less idiots in the world would be the outcome!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion