Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
i hate joints
    #4655413 - 09/13/05 02:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

just hate them, they burn away smoke into the air, and you have to smoke paper, and they are a hassle to make, when youre done you can keep them, but they stink you up.

you cant take a discreet puff, you have to "all or nothin" it.

evrybody loves them soooooo much, nobody seems to want to use a pipe.

i like pipes because I control the burning, i can take a puff and cover it, i can discreetely puff and hide it relitively odorlessly (ive got the kind that go in a marker caseing} they hide well and you can keep weed in them till you need it. and personally, once its worked in and nice and resiny, i find its far smoother than a joint.

dont gotta do no rollin either.

joints just feel pushy. and when you smoke joints with people evrybody razzes you for taking small hits and just passing it off, man, i dont get down like that: taking monster rips and choking up my vas deference.
and i don't need to get that high. I would rather be slightly high and self-consious than rode-off, half retarded, and unable to function socially.
seriously, that high the only way i can function is antisocial or over-the-top wacky.
i usually find i get antisocial for fear of GETTING "the wackay"

now beer on the other hand is good. you can drink beer and smoke weed and have a smoke. great for journeys in the great outdoors, i can smoke a joint and get wacky, no prob.
the cool beer makes the harshness of joint smoking cool and relaxing. mmmmm,

i want a beer so bad! mmmmmmmmmmm. tuesday here at the pub sells beer $2 a pint (canadian)
and they got microbrewed draft, pilsner, stout, cream ale, heffewiezen, honey brown, and dark ale.

i always get the stout, unless its a bad batch, usually its thick, cold and sweet black with a white head, thick like whipped cream the bubbles on the side cascade down, better than any guiness. and so yummy. the dark ale is good too.
lighter than stout, but so full flavored. sometimes you just gotta have some to wash down the stout.

the pilsner is sharp and bubbly like champane.

oh beer. perhaps tonight ill get the twonie tuessday special. 10 bucks and im in a wheelbarrell.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: i hate joints [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4655425 - 09/13/05 02:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I like joints when it is weed that I didn't pay for.

I also feel like they waste weed.

I prefer pipes.

:thumbdown:

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
    #4655432 - 09/13/05 02:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I only like smoking a joint if I am smoking it to the head. Wastes some weed but I love smoking a perfectly rolled joint.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #4655440 - 09/13/05 02:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I prefer "special" brownies or chocolate chip cookies. :wink:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4655444 - 09/13/05 02:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, they're pretty wasteful. Blunts are too, unless you're smoking it with a lot of people. It's more efficient to smoke out of a pipe anyway. With weed costing so much nowadays, I usually use a pipe of some sort...

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#4655448 - 09/13/05 02:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Exactly. I pretty much smoke exclusively pipes. I haven't even used my bong lately; it just burns weed too quickly. Very un-economical.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4655449 - 09/13/05 02:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Joints are good for when you're driving, so you don't have to drive with your knees or have a friend grab the wheel while you're lighting a bowl. Plus, the art of rolling is a pleasure unto itself.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4655465 - 09/13/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Same here. I almost always use glass bowls, as you can just put however much bud you want in and light it up. 10, maybe 20 seconds wasted, and now you get to puff another bowl before you have to take another 10 seconds to pull a few pieces of buds out of the bag and pack it in.

I'd take a nice glass bong filled to the brim with ice over a joint or a blunt anyday.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
Re: i hate joints [Re: Ravus]
    #4655635 - 09/13/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

joints suck ass i much rather roll a blunt...

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: i hate joints [Re: Silversoul]
    #4655727 - 09/13/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Why not drive with a bong?

Just have it in your lap.

Offlinepeeper
Even stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
Re: i hate joints [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4655744 - 09/13/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I like to smoke the joints I roll.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Re: i hate joints [Re: peeper]
    #4655765 - 09/13/05 03:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I say if you can afford to smoke joints and blunts, go for it! I'll stick to my glass bowl and make my 1/8th last longer than your oz. :peace:

Offlinepeeper
Even stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
Re: i hate joints [Re: FooMan]
    #4655794 - 09/13/05 03:55 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Not necessarily. Yes a poorly rolled joint can waste weed. When I smoke a joint it is when I'm by myself usually. I live with a bowl smoker and it is fairly even on consumption.

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #4655865 - 09/13/05 04:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Joints rock especially when pretty much all you smoke is commercial and have a high tolerance. Plus if you can roll a good one, which I do, I think they smoke alot better than most bowls. Of course bowls have their pluses too but theres a certain amount of added satisfaction that comes along with sitting back and puffing on a fat doob.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: i hate joints [Re: Twister]
    #4655936 - 09/13/05 04:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Indeed, I'll never give up my doobies. I don't know how most of you roll, but very little smoke escapes the tips of my blunts or joints without them being impossible to hit.

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Re: i hate joints [Re: Adden]
    #4655957 - 09/13/05 04:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

S_2 said:
Indeed, I'll never give up my doobies. I don't know how most of you roll, but very little smoke escapes the tips of my blunts or joints without them being impossible to hit.

Yup it's all about how its rolled. I even have the ability to roll em to give anywhere from smooth, slow hits to killer, cough your lungs out hits. Most of the people I know that don't like blunts or J's just don't know how to roll em properly.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4655995 - 09/13/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I guess it's a matter of preference. My buddy strictly smokes J's and he goes through about an ounce every 2 weeks. I make an ounce last 2-3 months by just taking a couple of huge rips off of a little bit of bud at a time and I'm good to go. I think he just smokes a lot more though :smirk: Both ways have their benefits. I  take J's with me on the road cuz I definitely don't want to chuck a pyrex out the window when I see blue lights in the rearview.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4656013 - 09/13/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I can roll fine. It just seems pointless to me to roll a joint when I only need one or two rips to be fine. A joint also smells my place up when left laying half burned in my house or car.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #4656017 - 09/13/05 04:42 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

idk why the pic is all splotchy black but click the thumbnail for a non-screwed up version.. sure most of you have seen it tho :P

Edited by Dystopia (09/13/05 04:43 PM)

Offlinerolbz
lover

#4656026 - 09/13/05 04:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yeah.i used to love pipes. only pipes and bongs. no blunts or joints.now if i was offered anything a joint or a blunt. i would hi it none the less. but now that i started rolling blunts and im 18 now so i can buy them...there is nothing like a fat perfectly rolled blunt...no runs...no fucked up leaf..mmm...some funk...yeah. and my buddy rolls the best spliffs. in fact most my friends roll a nice something. so now im more open minded.

i recently got a nice thick medium sized glass peice.great colors. and thcikkkk as fuck for a small pipe.it hits liek a champ so ive been basically only rolling blunts when..theres a special occasion...about 2 or 3 times a week.haha and i barely roll joints.i smoke bowls all the time,lunch time at work..on the way home from work blah blah

and in conclusion,i love my bowl..it takes a second to pack a nice bowl and it looks nice.Blunts...they are just such an amazing event. so i tend to keep it that way and not smoke a million blunts.
joitns are rad when wildbill rolls em...and bob marley hemp papers are amazing fat ass doobs that stay up to par with a nice blunt.

oh shit i almost forgot...bongs! they are sick as fuck with lotsa ice in em.but they burn weed to quickly. and i dont have one yet..so i dont smoke bongs as much as i should.but im poor so its cool.

--------------------
persistent existence flows fluid without resistance

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: i hate joints [Re: Adden]
    #4656029 - 09/13/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So that's your secret! :shocked:

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #4656044 - 09/13/05 04:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I roll them dutch style occasionally, unless it's primo buds. If it's too sticky to pull I'll add a bit of tobacco to allow air through.

Also, I am one of the legomen pictured, but for the sake of keeping my identity secret I'll leave the rest up to you guys'n'gals.

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

#4656171 - 09/13/05 05:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FooManShroom said:
I can roll fine. It just seems pointless to me to roll a joint when I only need one or two rips to be fine. A joint also smells my place up when left laying half burned in my house or car.

Yeah, if I'm smoking mids or chronic I'll always go for a bowl, but alot of the time a bowl doesn't get me where I'd like to be if its just commercial. I figure most people here can roll an OK joint I've just met a few people that have never smoked a well rolled one and thus have this notion that joint just suck.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
    #4656675 - 09/13/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

the only thing i hate about joints (apart from the fact they waste the weed) is that you can never smoke one by your self when you're not alone... i hate the fact that it's something you have to share (you you don't really HAVE to if you don't want to but you'll never say no to your friends or whoever i guess...)
i like smoking joints by my self the most
it's kinda like drinking coffe i guess
i enjoy the smoking activety unfortunatly and when you have to share it it's less fun IMO
still fun if you share'em though :grin:

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: i hate joints [Re: Simisu]
    #4656721 - 09/13/05 07:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Honestly, i dont really prefer joints that much. Normally any good pot goes into a pipe and bulky outdoor goes in blunts.

I prefer to smoke a joint by myself or with 1 other person, but the rate a like to smoke is slightly slower then the speed a joint burns. Like if i take too much time the cherry gets fucked up or goes out.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
    #4656758 - 09/13/05 07:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

simisu: i know EXACTLY what you mean

i appreiciate that many of you can sympathisze with me.
that means alot to a fucking weirdo like me see?

but my point was more than my first paragraph and recurring theme.

i also talked alot about beer.

and well tonight i went out to the bar, and dispite the fact i went alone i was meaningfully social with at least one person. yes, im the kind of weirdo who is also social....

and i drank 4 stout pints. and with tips that cost me $10

then i smoked some pipe resin (another benifet to pipes, more than enough for an eccompany toke to a round at the square liquor pool.

and thats where i was.

and on the walk home, i smoked some of my pipe.

now, i COULD Nhave put the weed i smoked this morning in a joint BUT....

i put it in a pipe, and then, later at the bar, i stirred it up and got another nice toke off the same small peice)

if i had smoked a joint this morning, i would have felt paranoid all day (or at least for the rest of my bike ride) and then had (at MOST) a roach to smoke tonight after the bar. but with a pipe, i can just be NICELY buzzed for the bike ride, and nicely TOASTED after the sweet beer that night.

yes, if its a party, and someone has weed to burn (even me, especially at harvest time) then theres copius, gross, even bombastic cone-shaped joints lit 3 at a time happening in my life. (and in that of my friends)

but if i want to smoke some weed just because i fuckin well feel like it, then a pipe is the way to go.

i dont want to burn up half my gram for what i could get in a few sparkly nuggs

thats what im sayin' 'ere

OfflineoDin
    #4657526 - 09/13/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i love to smoke the ganje, pot, refer, bud, kind, nugs, grapefruit, cookies, shit, stuff, mary jane....

love the joints man, love to roll them, love to use a bowl, love to hit a bong.

but joint are my fav, kinda a zen thing rolling them

to each his own <3

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: i hate joints [Re: oDin]
    #4657533 - 09/13/05 11:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ive been practicing rolling joints with the paper backwards. I still have trouble sealing them up right.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineoDin
Re: i hate joints [Re: baraka]
    #4657568 - 09/13/05 11:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

my "problem" is i learned to roll bats, cant really roll a straight j. but over time i have been able to adjust the size of the bat to the need at the time

however man i really like to roll fat bats, sometimes ill just roll for the sake of rolling. ive never been one to hoard or conserve pot really, i figure if its there its meant to be smoked dammit. when its gone you get more or enjoy the sobriety. although been out for several weeks now and i sure could go for a fat toke....but that time will come, more than likely itl be canuck and good and even better cuz i been dry for a spell

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: i hate joints [Re: baraka]
    #4657673 - 09/13/05 11:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

baraka said:
ive been practicing rolling joints with the paper backwards. I still have trouble sealing them up right.

yup that's the way to go!
no need for that access paper!

i keep changing my tek though... i'm pretty good but it takes me a while

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Invisiblekrishnamurti
Stranger
    #4657733 - 09/13/05 11:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

rolling up joints/blunts is just too much fun. fuck pipes.

--------------------
I'll see you down in Guantanamo Bay

Donate spores to FSRC or suffer the consequences!*

Wikipedia

Overgrow has been shut down :sad: check out www.icmag.com if you need MJ info

*consequences may or may not be suffered

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4657942 - 09/14/05 12:41 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

oDin said:
but joint are my fav, kinda a zen thing rolling them

I know exactly what you mean. I bought some rolling tobacco today, and while I'm not exactly addicted to the tobacco itself, I'm obsessed with rolling the cigarettes.

--------------------

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#4658129 - 09/14/05 01:54 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

smoke it how ever you wont i just get bored and rather roll a master peace then smoke a marker. I smoke joints as you do a one hitter. One person can only smoke so long before taking a break normaly for me thats about 3 or 4 hits before i take a break. Smoking like that a small half gram joint lasts all day.

OfflineoDin
Re: i hate joints [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4658144 - 09/14/05 01:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

/me passes sheik the j

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #4658159 - 09/14/05 02:01 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Bongs are the shit or pipes, joints waste too much pot..$$$ wasted on expensive natural stuff to begin with..

#4658165 - 09/14/05 02:02 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ah ho moitakweasim to all my relations i pass this joint in respect.

Re: i hate joints [Re: Skunk420]
    #4658175 - 09/14/05 02:04 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Some times waste isnt a factor. Never was or will be smoke em if you got em. If you dont, smoke a couple roaches till you save enough for some more.

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#4658182 - 09/14/05 02:06 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yea I see that, but I always liked pipes..

#4658190 - 09/14/05 02:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

as i always like joints. Si i agree to disagree though i do like a clean rip of the pipe every know and again.

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

#4658216 - 09/14/05 02:17 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yea in a year i would again, damn court shit..

OfflinekAAk
Connor Intergalactic
Male

Loc: northern europe
    #4658558 - 09/14/05 05:56 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Gravity is my personal favorite. Joints do have the spirit, but I kinda find it funny that people crush flowers and make sticks out of it. It's... kinda hard to explain, but I smoked this thinnest joint in the world at the europe gathering and somehow it occured to me how funny the whole idea of burning little sticks is.

Ah, nevermind. I'm going balls on 2ce. :sun: :crazy2:

--------------------
Smoke City - a board game about stoners!
Kickstarter opens on 4/20!

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: i hate joints [Re: kAAk]
    #4658754 - 09/14/05 08:30 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Personally, I thin it totally depends on the situation. While I'm driving, it's gotta be a joint. None of this driving with my knees or hunched over the wheel trying to steer and light it up at the same time. It's also a lot more inconspicuous on the highway to smoke a joint, highway patrol guys you didn't notice are a lot less likely to notice you if you're not contorted into strange positions or whatever.

It's also nice to roll joints. They're easy to pass around...I guess pipes are too. Pipes always have thier place. A quick puff, before heading out the door, while cooking, doing housework. A puff on the pipe is a lot less commitment then a joint depending on the situation.

I'm usually not too concerned about 'waste'. I'm smoking it...it's not waste. When it's gone I will get more, and if I don't then I will eventually.

I guess I don't have a preference. Joints, bongs, pipes, hookahs, blunts....whatever. They all have thier place.

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4659132 - 09/14/05 10:30 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

if i'm going to smoke a joint, i prefer a spliff with tobacco in it, and hashish or nice pot, or a mixture of the two. a joint with just pot (unless it is some crappy non-sticky schwag but i don't want to smoke that anyway) won't burn evenly and will waste a TON of pot. a spliff with some roasted tobacco will burn just right!

--------------------

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

Re: i hate joints [Re: Krishna]
    #4659466 - 09/14/05 11:34 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I prefer a pipe or blunt over a joint, but I still enjoy smoking a joint.  Joints taste better then blunts but blunts smoke a hell of a lot longer and usually more even.  Plus I can roll blunts and I can't roll a joint worth a damn.  In reality though, if it's weed I'll be happy to smoke it. :stoned:

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #4659664 - 09/14/05 12:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

peeper said:
I like to smoke the joints I roll.

hmmm, and i like to joint the rolls i smoke.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals