Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Boondock Saints
    #4655093 - 09/13/05 03:11 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

After seeing this movie this whole event stayed in my mind the most, its quite dramatic. It was quite an interesting movie I would have to say.

(Situation: Russian mob boss is in a courtroom and is about to get away with murder and a bunch of other crimes, when the three main characters take over the courtroom and relay their message to those who are at the trial so that they can tell the world about the three and what they are doing.)

Quote:

Now you will receive us. We do not ask for your poor or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim. It is your evil that will be saught by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood ?til it rains down from the skies. Do not kill, do not rape, to not steal. These are principles, which every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost. There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption, into our domain. But if you do you, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three, and on that day, you will reap it. And we will send you to whatever god you wish. And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, power hath descended forthfrom thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. We shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

Click Here To Listen

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
Re: Boondock Saints [Re: Just_a_Shadow]
    #4655442 - 09/13/05 04:39 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Yup, that was a heckuva movie. As for the whole notion of vigilantism and rightous vengence, well... I can't say that it seems like a particularly good idea, in that different people have different moral codes and to force your code on others through violence with no regard to the mutually agreed upon system to regulate justice and the pursuit of vengence is to be a tyrant. That being said, when the system that is supposed to do justice fails, society might be better off if some loon grabs a gun and offs the guy who was going to get off. But the situation that can be improved with violence is a very rare animal indeed.

But, I mean, seriously "do not rape, do not kill, do not steal"??? The protection of property shouldn't be given equal weight with those other two if you ask me. And you did, indirectly. So there.

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4656406 - 09/13/05 08:09 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I didn't like that movie. The main characters were judgemental assholes. They made the world to be a place of right/wrong and black/white. Who's going to get them for their misdeeds? And then who gets those people? The cycle could go on forever. I think the movie did a good job as a metaphor for organized religion, though. The main characters are like the Judeo-Christian god, smighting sinners.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Boondock Saints [Re: moog]
    #4656586 - 09/13/05 08:56 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

well i think you missed the main point.. complecency is bad. watching people do evil things and not stopping them or standing up for the victims makes you just as bad. and theyre not really judgmental assholes. the first 2 guys they killed was in total self defense.. and the next room of guys were all russian mafia heads who sent the guys to kill them.. and  the rest were all italian mafia. i dont know anyone who wouldnt think the world would be better off without massive mafias.. if thinkin that those type of people should be shot is judgmental, then im judgmental too :smirk:

besides, they say " we are your lesser forms of evil" .. they are flawed, just like  everyone. and there is no black and white.. its suppose to incite discussion... even if you dont agree with their philosophy or their message, its a good movie.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Boondock Saints [Re: Panoramix]
    #4656774 - 09/13/05 09:49 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption, into our domain.

You must understand that they understand they are corrupt, and that they are "insane" by social standards. But when lets say a loved one of yours gets murdered for a reason you could have prevented, I believe then and only then you will understand their insanity. They see things before they happen, this is why they act beforehand, while others wonder what is goin on in their head, because what they are doing makes no sense to those who see only the future and past they focus on. You should also note how they do not worry about the future, or the past, but live in the present, this way they do not miss anything, this is why they can be so casual, this is why they can fight in that vent during such intense moments :lol:.
As for the justice coment, I truely believe you will see more and more animal like behaviour in the future from all sides, if this happens, make sure to ask lots of questions.

And I agree, stealing isnt suppose to be right up there I don't think, but keep in mind its only one word, could be much meaning behind it. Perhaps if it were more spacific, it would be "do not steal from those who will notice" :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Boondock Saints [Re: moog]
    #4656792 - 09/13/05 09:57 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Who will get them? I'm willing to bet the mafia and crime rings will try, and or the government also. Who will be cheering them on? Those who feel safer knowing they are doing what they are doing, which will be most of the christians, while buddhists won't say or do anything about them, they will say something like "All is as it should be :smile:" and maybe have a bit of a grin on their face. And then theres everyone else... those afrade of change, those who are thinking "we gatta get those loose cannons off the street, they will cause havoc!", these people love control, so they will most likely side with the government and crime syndicates on this matter.

--------------------

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Boondock Saints [Re: Infrared]
    #4656825 - 09/13/05 10:05 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

even if you dont agree with their philosophy or their message, its a good movie.

Nicely said, but let us keep in mind that there is other ways of solving problems, its just alot harder.

--------------------

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#4657377 - 09/14/05 12:21 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Since when was it reasonable to snap and start shooting up fornicators?

--------------------
PsyPost - Psychedelic Research

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Boondock Saints [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4657413 - 09/14/05 12:31 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

It's been reasonable ever since the first human saw something he didn't like and labelled it as "evil".

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Boondock Saints [Re: Ravus]
    #4657624 - 09/14/05 01:25 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

*points up*
couldn't word it better then this.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology