Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator, Morning Glory Seeds, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
smoking amanita while tripping on psilocybes? and should i mix with morning glories?
    #4654189 - 09/13/05 11:11 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

wondering if that would work out well...

i guess i'll find out thursday, but i'm wondering if anybody else has tried smoking amanitas while tripping on psilocybes.

i also have a whole lot of morning glory seeds, and i'm wondering if anybody has tried mushrooms with morning glory seeds. any particular or significant synergistic effects?

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: smoking amanita while tripping on psilocybes? and should i mix with morning glories? [Re: entiformatie]
    #4654207 - 09/13/05 11:16 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Psilocybes and morning glories are a baaad idea.
Amainitas i can only speculate about. I imagine that the relaxing effects would be nice, but be careful because both Psilocybe and Amanita species can dehydrate you. Doubling the dehydration effects could be problematic. Just drink plenty of water and it should make for a very pleasant experience.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Re: smoking amanita while tripping on psilocybes? and should i mix with morning glories? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4654240 - 09/13/05 11:23 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

why do you say the morning glories and mushies would be problematic?

i was kinda looking forward to mixing em up, lol. awww shucks.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
Re: smoking amanita while tripping on psilocybes? and should i mix with morning glories? [Re: entiformatie]
    #4654305 - 09/13/05 11:51 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Morning Glories alone can be problematic. I don't know why you'd want to mix the much superior trip of mushrooms with the subpar trip of morning glories, but if you're dead set on it, then go ahead.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Re: smoking amanita while tripping on psilocybes? and should i mix with morning glories? [Re: OisatsanaYert]
    #4655266 - 09/13/05 03:56 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

mmm, morning glories seem to treat me quite well indeed :-) i get a bit nauseaus the first 30 minutes or so, then the rest is a great ride. the visuals are soft but very pleasant, and my mind finds itself in a very relaxing and beautiful place.

what about eating mushrooms and amanitas? has anybody tried this? i have some syrian rue seeds i could use as well.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Re: smoking amanita while tripping on psilocybes? and should i mix with morning glories? [Re: OisatsanaYert]
    #4655275 - 09/13/05 03:58 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

You shouldn't downgrade the morning glories like that. MG can be a very powerful tool, it's not as weak as you think.
The reason that you shouldn't mix them is because of the nauseating effects of MG seeds. Normally, if you eat MG seeds by themselves, the nausea will subside before the trip starts, and you can have a pleasant experience. But if you mix shrooms with MG seeds, then the trip will come on long before the nausea quits.

InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
    #4655508 - 09/13/05 04:56 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

entiformatie said:
i guess i'll find out thursday, but i'm wondering if anybody else has tried smoking amanitas while tripping on psilocybes.(a

I've never tried that. But I recommend not smoking amanita muscaria. It tastes thick and mulchy, like unpleasant driftwood. And smoking amanitas does jack shit (check out Erowid and all the other accounts on the internet to see this confirmed). If you're afraid of eating amanitas (which I assume is why you want to smoke them) then you shouldn't take them. (But maybe I'm being presumptuous about you.) If you know you've picked and properly dried !Amanita muscaria! then eat it or drink it in tea. Smoking it is a waste. The best thing that ever happened for me when I've smoked it was that I deluded myself into thinking my vision became clearer, but perhaps it'll work out for you..

Edited by Lakefingers (09/13/05 04:58 PM)

OfflineLipaYai5
Fuzzy

Loc: Mamunia... whoaaooo.
Re: smoking amanita while tripping on psilocybes? and should i mix with morning glories? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4663750 - 09/15/05 06:02 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I imagine that the relaxing effects would be nice, but be careful because both Psilocybe and Amanita species can dehydrate you. Doubling the dehydration effects could be problematic. Just drink plenty of water and it should make for a very pleasant experience.

Look, I'm not a scientist, but from what I know Ibotenic Acid and Muscimol are very good at BOOSTING saliva production in the Human system. I've smoked Amanita Muscaria with some M.J. and the effects were very lubricating. The AM totally annihilated the cotton mouth normally produced by herb.

I'm not knocking your wisdom either, it is good to have some water at hand for his experience, water always seems to help me when i'm tripping really hard. I'm just letting you in on some common knowledge, Amanita Muscaria is known for causeing higher levels of saliva production.

--------------------
www.livephish.com
[url = www.absinthesupply.com]
[url = www.sugarmegs.org]
url = www.ebaumsworld.com
= www.rpwebworks.com

"Never fail to stand up for what you believe in, there will always be  someone else who believes in something else."-Me :smirk:
To contact me via MSN messenger, guess my f^$ing contact name... you phsychic.

OfflineLuke
thought

Loc: the Well
Re: smoking amanita while tripping on psilocybes? and should i mix with morning glories? [Re: Lakefingers]
    #4663772 - 09/15/05 06:46 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Lakefingers said:
Quote:

entiformatie said:
i guess i'll find out thursday, but i'm wondering if anybody else has tried smoking amanitas while tripping on psilocybes.(a

I've never tried that. But I recommend not smoking amanita muscaria. It tastes thick and mulchy, like unpleasant driftwood. And smoking amanitas does jack shit (check out Erowid and all the other accounts on the internet to see this confirmed). If you're afraid of eating amanitas (which I assume is why you want to smoke them) then you shouldn't take them. (But maybe I'm being presumptuous about you.) If you know you've picked and properly dried !Amanita muscaria! then eat it or drink it in tea. Smoking it is a waste. The best thing that ever happened for me when I've smoked it was that I deluded myself into thinking my vision became clearer, but perhaps it'll work out for you..

I will be smoking Amanita muscaria extract 20x, an extract smoked should have a strong effect. I have only had a wiff of an Amanita Muscaria extract before, it caused a very lucid effect. Very dream like.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
    #4665913 - 09/15/05 05:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

mmm, i've personally found smoking amanita muscaria to be effective. but the mushrooms aren't going to be happening tonight. it'll be acid, morning glory, and maybe smoking some amanita, depending on how i feel.

thank you guys very much for your advice :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Re: smoking amanita while tripping on psilocybes? and should i mix with morning glories? [Re: LipaYai5]
    #4667061 - 09/15/05 10:15 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LipaYai5 said:
Look, I'm not a scientist, but from what I know Ibotenic Acid and Muscimol are very good at BOOSTING saliva production in the Human system. I've smoked Amanita Muscaria with some M.J. and the effects were very lubricating. The AM totally annihilated the cotton mouth normally produced by herb.

I'm not knocking your wisdom either, it is good to have some water at hand for his experience, water always seems to help me when i'm tripping really hard. I'm just letting you in on some common knowledge, Amanita Muscaria is known for causeing higher levels of saliva production.

You are correct. Amanita muscaria does cause salivation. But look at it like sweating. The water is being mixed with something in the body, then being applied somewhere on the body for some purpose, and the body loses water. So even though your mouth is wet, your body is not necessarily hydrated.
The mouth producing extra saliva would in most cases mean you are well (or over-) hydrated, just not in the case of ingesting muscimol (and ibotenic acid). So I can see how you would come to infer that.

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Airfox

Loc: Texas
    #4670130 - 09/16/05 04:06 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Let us know how things turn out. I hope you have a great time!

OfflineLipaYai5
Fuzzy

#4676775 - 09/18/05 06:12 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Ahhh... yeah i see what you mean now. I guess the thing that kept me thinking that one wouldn't really lose as much hydration is because I kept swallowing my extra saliva, i felt really really good, and not dehydrated at all... but like you said, and like i said before, it's got to be a good thing to have some drinking water around for any kind of trip. Water is magical.

-= LY5 =-

--------------------
www.livephish.com
= www.rpwebworks.com

"Never fail to stand up for what you believe in, there will always be  someone else who believes in something else."-Me :smirk:

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: smoking amanita while tripping on psilocybes? and should i mix with morning glories? [Re: LipaYai5]
    #4676804 - 09/18/05 06:33 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Amanita and ergotamines is an overkill/clusterfuck by ist self. Just remember how interesting the lsa/shroom mix is alone. Its the holy axiom to all other good trips

OfflineLipaYai5
Fuzzy

Re: smoking amanita while tripping on psilocybes? and should i mix with morning glories? [Re: stemmer]
    #4682483 - 09/19/05 05:02 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I never have tried mixing trips on LSA and Shrooms, is that quite easily overkill as well? the only thing I've mixed with shrooms is some really light acid, i don't even think there was enough dose on the hit i took to feel anything, but the shrooms were glorious.

-=LipaYai5=-

--------------------
www.livephish.com
= www.rpwebworks.com

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator, Morning Glory Seeds, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience