Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Medical Student

Loc: Illinois
Casing Help Please? Noobie :)
    #4654107 - 09/13/05 10:36 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

First time cultivating, cakes are colonizing great, but i don't want to waste time simply letting the cakes fruit. I would like to produce a much more significant flush if possible, so i have been researching methods of casing for quite sometime.  After reviewing the Casing 101 Pictorial Tek, I have a few questions for you pros!

1. Depending on the size of the pan of course, how many 1 pint jars would you recommend crumbling over the vermiculite layer?
2. I have read that many casing teks recommend perlite in the ACTUAL casing container, as to increase humidity of course, but if my FC has perlite already, could I not just set multiple casing pans side by side over the layer of perlite?
3. And if no perlite is actually used in the actual casing pan, then is a cover still necessary? and why? Contamination prevention? Prevent over light exposure?

Thanks for the help in advance shroomery, the information on this site is monumental and i look forward to a successful first growing cycle with all of your help! <3 :wink:

Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Casing Help Please? Noobie :) [Re: PookztA]
    #4654129 - 09/13/05 10:50 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

1. never did a casing with cakes, but with grain ive noticed 4 pints of grain in a 6 qt. container seems to be just right.

2.you can use perlite to raise your humidity, and i would say you could put multiple casing in your container. or you could research the single or duble tub tec and not have to worry about perlite at all or having to fan, i recomend this i use the single tub and i love it.

3. yes you want a cover just to keep the climat in, the casing will produce heat and humidity from itself.  and to help keep out contams.

well theres :2cents: hope it helps ya!! and gl.

:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Semper Fidelis
Loc: God Bless America
Re: Casing Help Please? Noobie :) [Re: PookztA]
    #4654145 - 09/13/05 10:57 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Here is what a know about casing:

1. Perlite does NOT GO into the container with your substrate.

2. You crush up jars according to how big you want your casing.

3. for every inch of substrate used, you use 1/4 inch casing layer
example: you have a four inch thick substrate, you have a one inch layer of casing material over the top 4 * 1/4 =1

4. You only cover a casing in its container for 2 to 3 days after first making it, to incubate it...

5. read casing 101 a pictorial

“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation