Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefoxyhotme
goose
Male
need help
    #4654044 - 09/13/05 09:59 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

alright.. so about 6 of the pf jars inoculated are almost done colonizing. One of them, however, is done. Unfortunately i believe it has a dime size contamination on it. Instead of throwing it away i decided i would learn somethin from it firts. Plus it would give me a chanceto practice before my other ones are done. So i took the cak e out and cut the piece of contam off. I then had a change of mind and for some reason started reading the miniterrium casing tek in the grow guides here. Seemed easy enough. And well since im still working out my perlite issues, seemed like a great idea. I mean what have i got to lose if its a bum caked anyway. well anyways i used tuppaware, small about half a shoe box. and crumbled the cake over verm. and then added some verm over the cake crumbs. after that it was placed in a freezer back and into a warm dark place. That was a day and a half ago... today i went to check them at my friends, and the mycelium has continued growing. Could i place the casing in my 25 gallon f.c.. with perlite and get rid of that zip lock bag( it doesnt seem tall enough for shrooms not to be crowded.)? And should i let the mycelium grow more before attempting to fruit. also.....i think the only reason that there is mycelium at the top already though is becuase i didnt cover a couple of the chunks all the way(....i know i know...im still learing my way around this) ?
where should i go with this.???
thanks guys

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefoxyhotme
goose
Male
Re: need help [Re: foxyhotme]
    #4654050 - 09/13/05 10:09 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

oh yea, pf tek brf verm. half pint B+....if it makes a diff.

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: need help [Re: foxyhotme]
    #4654052 - 09/13/05 10:10 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

it sounds like your doing everything pertty much right.. when you put your casing layer on top you want to get it as smoth and even as you can so you will get a nice even pinset, just somethign to work on as you go:).

i would throw it into the fruiting chamber, no you dont want the mycilum to colonize your casing layer.. that is called overlay, and is a bad thing. keep the temps about 70-75 and humidity around 90% and give it a 12/12 light schedual.  i hope you got the contams out :smile:  gl with it :smile:

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Offlinefoxyhotme
goose
Male
Re: need help [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4654315 - 09/13/05 11:57 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

alright..sweet. do you think i should put it in the fridge first..i heard that its good to cold shock casings before you put them inthe fruiting chamber

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation