Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Loc: Fairfax VA
multi tolerance question
    #4650968 - 09/12/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Just wondering... All psychedelics come with a tolerance. I know that... If I eat some shrooms one day and eat them again the next day, I will experience little or no effects.

What if:
Monday - Eat Shrooms
Tuesday - Eat Acid
Wednesday - Eat Mescaline
Thursday - DMT
Friday - LSA
Saturday - X
Sunday - 4-ho-Dipt

No I'm not a junkie and I DO NOT want to to it. Just wondering though. Since each psychedelic works differently and contains different chemicals, is it possible to experience a different psychedelic everyday and not worry about tolerance building up?

Or do all psychedelics in general built up a general tolerance?

Just thought I would throw this one at you guys. Thanks.

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleroby000
me
Trans-male
Re: multi tolerance question *DELETED* [Re: deficitism]
    #4651003 - 09/12/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by roby000

Reason for deletion: d

Offlineswiftrance
Let there be light

Re: multi tolerance question [Re: roby000]
    #4651197 - 09/12/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i think youd wakeup monday morning the next week in an institution. or running around the desert naked er somethin  :eek:

--------------------

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: multi tolerance question [Re: swiftrance]
    #4651245 - 09/12/05 04:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think tolerance should be your biggest concern if you tried that.

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: multi tolerance question [Re: StickyWater]
    #4651364 - 09/12/05 05:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yea, I would just assume you would be mentally exhausted from all that.

Wow...

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Re: multi tolerance question [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #4651419 - 09/12/05 05:36 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Like I said I was JUST curious. I work full time and would never be able to do this. Just something that was on my mind. Truth is, I had some shrooms on Friday but turned down some pure mescaline on Saturday because of this...

--------------------
"Someday after mastering the winds, waves, tides and gravity, we shall harness the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will discover fire." -Teilhard de Chardin

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Re: multi tolerance question [Re: deficitism]
    #4652091 - 09/12/05 08:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

anyone?

--------------------

OfflineSmokinJ
A Truck full ofdead babies onMother's Day
    #4653660 - 09/13/05 12:47 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Go find who ever offered you the mescaline and ask for it now. Why would you turn it down you tard?!

Edited by SmokinJ (09/13/05 12:48 AM)

Offlinedismahshitznigga
Stranger
    #4653795 - 09/13/05 01:48 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

yo mah pops alwayz b sayin too mucha anythin will make u an addict son.

how u niggas get dem snaps by yo names?

Offlinedeficitism
woo woo

Re: multi tolerance question [Re: dismahshitznigga]
    #4653881 - 09/13/05 03:20 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Still havent answered my questions guys. One one drug affect another's tolerance?

--------------------

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #4653901 - 09/13/05 04:17 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Most hallucinogens are thought to work by affecting the neurotransmitter serotonin.  A brief review:
- A brain cell is known as a "neuron"
- There are about 100 billion neurons inside your brain
- Neurons are connected to other neurons.  Some have as many as 10,000 connections for a single neuron.
- Neurons are specialized, meaning, for example, that some specifically control motor functions, whereas some might control neurotransmitter activity
- A neurotransmitter is an electro-chemical "messenger" which travels from one neuron to the next.  There are receptor sites for specific neurotransmitters--kind of like a lock and a key.
- There are different neurotransmitters that are associated with specific brain actions.  For example, the neurotransmitter GABA affects anxiety.  The neurotransmitter dopamine is associated with pleasure (among other things).  The neurotransmitter serotonin is associated with such things as mood and sleep.

- As suggested by the picture above, neurons attach to each other from the boutons (feet) to the dendrites.
- At the place where the neurons attach, there is a tiny gap known as the "synapse"
- It is in this gap that neurotransmitters are transmitted
- Like I said before, there are specific receptor sites for specific neurotransmitters.  So if a neuron fires, it will transmit it's neurotransmitter through the synapse, and attach to the receptor sites on the other neuron.
- Now here's where it starts to get relevant.  Some drugs, say--Ecstasy, will physically block receptor sites. (antagonists) (E blocks serotonin)  But the neurons are still firing, so you get a ton of extra serotonin chilling in the synapse.  It's that extra serotonin that accounts for some of those great feelings.
- Some drugs do just the opposite of that. (agonists)  They bind to the receptor sites, but activate the neuron at the same time.

Most of the drugs you mentioned are thought to work in a similar way: They are serotonin agonists, meaning they "activate" or "trigger" your serotonergic neurons, causing them to fire and work their magic.  (And just to make things a little more complicated, there are sub-types of serotonin receptors which are the ones affected, FYI)

Soooooooo...  Yes, these drugs will produce cross-tolerance.  You would *probably notice it most with the ecstasy, since that one significantly lowers your serotonin levels for days+ after you take it.  Of course, each of those drugs produces different levels of tolerance at different speeds.  I know that psilocybin and LSD have similar tolerance rates.  DMT only produces tolerance for roughly an hour.  Sounds like a fun week.  :eyemouth: :banana:

Edited by Land_Crab (09/13/05 04:24 AM)

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
Re: multi tolerance question [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4653907 - 09/13/05 04:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

by thrusday i think ur body and mind would need a good nights rest i doubt u'd build too much of tolerance seeing how those are diffrent drugs i doubt a small dose of lsa would work after eaten a fair sized dose of acid .. but hell who knows try em n see... naw just kiddin that'd be bad !

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
Re: multi tolerance question [Re: RandomHero]
    #4653918 - 09/13/05 05:09 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RandomHero said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder