Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Air Pump, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
HOw Do I know if am getting enough air exchange
    #4652590 - 09/12/05 11:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i have a 30 gallon tub. I have so far..attached a hose and ultrasonic ..with the tube going into the upper portion of one side of the terranium.about 3 inches under that i put a hole in the tub again and inserted a tube which is going to be attached to air pump outside the terranium and a filter inside the terranium. On the other side, on a lower corner i put a hole about 1/2in wide to let air escape...

my question is...how do i know i'm having enough air exchange? i see vapor coming out of the tank from the port, put just a small flow.

thanx

--------------------
"everything written from this profile is fictional, I have no sources, nor am i a source for any type of illegal substance. This profile and post from this profile are for Entertainment purposes only. User of this profile takes no part in any type of illegal activities. This is all for sake of storytelling, to make the boring lives of some of us seem interesting.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: HOw Do I know if am getting enough air exchange [Re: KingCactus]
    #4652663 - 09/12/05 11:54 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

That should be plenty

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
Re: HOw Do I know if am getting enough air exchange [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4652854 - 09/13/05 12:22 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

thanx Brainy you been alot of help so far...okay..well i guess my air exhange should be fine...couple of other questions..
aiight..

1. what should my cakes sit on, i know not the bottom due to moisture collecting.

2. could i use the air port also for the drain port? and how often should i drain?

3. how do i know how long to keep ultrasonic on? and also how long to keep pump on.

4. Is there a thingy that i can buy to attach the ultrasonic's plug and pumps plug into in order to have a timer set up so i dont have to do it manually..and if so..where and in what section..?

5. Last question...has anybody ever worked with the PF strain?? and if so what were the pro's and con's about it...

sorry for all the nooobie questions, but i want to cover as much as possible before i get to the fruiting stage.

THANx again guys.

--------------------
"everything written from this profile is fictional, I have no sources, nor am i a source for any type of illegal substance. This profile and post from this profile are for Entertainment purposes only. User of this profile takes no part in any type of illegal activities. This is all for sake of storytelling, to make the boring lives of some of us seem interesting.

Edited by KingCactus (09/13/05 12:23 AM)

OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
    #4653448 - 09/13/05 01:41 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Anybody!!

--------------------

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

#4653565 - 09/13/05 02:16 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

KingCactus said:
4. Is there a thingy that i can buy to attach the ultrasonic's plug and pumps plug into in order to have a timer set up so i dont have to do it manually..and if so..where and in what section..?

yes. it's called a timer...you can find these at just about any large store. walmart, walgreens, lowes, home depot, etc.
and you should read more posts and teks to find out about how long to let the ultrasonic run.

--------------------
please do not take everything i say here so personally. welcome to teh internets!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: HOw Do I know if am getting enough air exchange [Re: Optx]
    #4653622 - 09/13/05 02:32 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

1. Tin foil, then a pile of moist verm, then plop your dunked and rolled cakes on and put another pile of verm on top of the cake..so theres lots of verm all over it, and mist it down nice and moist.

2. Hopefully youll have no pooling water. Get it out however, whenever..dont let water sit pooling for days..soak it up with paper towels, or pour it off.

3. The pump should be on all the time. You want constant fresh air exchanges, and always positive pressure comming out of open holes. The ultrasonic is for humidity, so as often as its needed to keep humidity high. This may be 15-30 minutes every hour or two, or more or less..to many factors to judge, thats why you have to set up in advanced to get it going right in your environment

4. Timers for any electronic device can be found at home depot or hardware stores. There are digital ones and manual ones, get one that allows you more settings. Search on the forum for ultrasonic timers and you'll come up with info if you look on the best ones to get for the most control.

5. Many have and you can try a search if you want, however most cubie strains will treat you pretty well. I'd personally try out a few (2 or 3) if you plan on growing more then once, and see which one works best for you. I'd also quickly move on from cakes to spawning them to manure if you want to continue in this hobby for a while..get right in there.

Good luck!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
Re: HOw Do I know if am getting enough air exchange [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4653693 - 09/13/05 02:58 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

thanx dude..brainy..your da bomb.

--------------------

OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
    #4653708 - 09/13/05 03:02 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

this is probably a dumb question..like a few others i've asked in here..but last one for the night...per cake?...a nice colonized one, can yield about 3-7 grams per flush..is this correct? and that is dry grams right ..if i'm right that is....this is probaBLY ONE of those dumb questions i get in my anabolic forum, like "how much do you think i'll gain off of this cycle of test enanthate in a 10 week cycle." ...just looking for some kind of average..cuz the answer to the guy with the 10 week cycle question is about 18 to 25 pnds if diet and training are in order.....so in other words..i should be able to get atleast a grey area.

thanx again fellas... and Brainysmurf for sure.

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
    #4653806 - 09/13/05 04:02 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

KingCactus said:

a nice colonized one, can yield about 3-7 grams per flush..is this correct? and that is dry grams right ..if i'm right that is....

3 to 7 dry grams might be a good number for an average.

but it can be more like 0 to 11 dry grams...depending on your substrate and growing conditions.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: HOw Do I know if am getting enough air exchange [Re: Roadkill]
    #4653808 - 09/13/05 04:03 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

:bongload:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Air Pump, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation