Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Parents in England Shocked by F Word in Music
    #4617596 - 09/03/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I bring this up because it was about Robbie Williams.

I personally like his voice but I do not like the use of his fouol mouth with his type of music,.

I have one of his concerts at Albert hall and he is fould mouth and not pleasant to watch. The whole audience dug him.

Everyone inthe audience onthe dvd was wearing a tux and the woman had 2000 to ten thousandf dollar gowns on.

He even had someone make a reference as to would any homosexuals and/or heterosexuals like to shag him after the show.

Problem is he smokes onthe stage, sweats, prasise Frank Sinatra and Sammy daivs, Boddy Darin and Dean martin. That is his style Pop standards and swing. His voice is great but he gives me the creeps when you see the expressions on his face. He really tries to emulate Frank Sinatra.

problem is, Sinatra and the other singers who songs he does so well, would not use that language on the stage.

Here is the new cliping I found a while ago.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Adults overwhelmed by four-letter foes
Giles Hattersley
August 05, 2005

AS if it were not difficult enough to protect children from video games, fatty foods and athlete's foot, parents have a new problem to confront. Unexpected swearing incidents (USIs) seem to occur with worrying frequency. They can surprise you in the car or at home and the worst always end with someone asking, "Daddy, what's a motherf---er?"

Nobody could claim to be surprised by popular music's desire to be outre. Elvis, the Who and the Sex Pistols certainly pushed some buttons. Hell, even Brian Wilson raised eyebrows when he dug a French bikini on California Girls.

But latterly the frisson of a rare rude song has been eclipsed by a taste-crushing onslaught of sexually explicit, violence-promoting popular music so pervasive that four-letter foes are turning up in places they never used to.

Wednesday morning and I'm in a music shop. As it's the holidays, and raining, a few nine to 13-year-olds are browsing the plastic racks, killing time discussing this rapper or that pop babe. "Wicked fit" is the consensus on Cheryl Tweedy of Girls Aloud, whose leathers and suggestive stare would make even a Yummy Mummy blanch. "Crazy tough" is the verdict on 50 Cent, the world's biggest rap star, whose bullet-scarred torso adorns the cover of his album Get Rich or Die Tryin'.

Despite such temptations, a well turned out 10-year-old girl instead splurges on James Blunt's sweet bestseller You're Beautiful.

Unlike Tweedy or 50, wan-looking Blunt does not seem the type that parents need to worry about. His hair may be a little longer than necessary, but at least he is free of piercings. They might even buy his album themselves.

She skips to a waiting car where, I imagine, Mum, eager to assert her grooviness, will pop You're Beautiful into her Volvo's CD player.

The gentle love song will wash over them, she will think how nice it is to share such moments, then over the speakers will come: "Yeah, she caught my eye/ As we walked on by./ She could see from my face that I was/ F---ing high."

Bang - USI! The only question is: who is squirming more? "This is why I never let my mum and dad listen to my music," says Charlie, 13, back in the record shop. "It makes them really embarrassed."

Kate Fielder could not agree more. She was driving her daughter home from school: "I heard the F-word in a Robbie Williams song and sort of involuntarily shouted, while my daughter groaned at me. It's only a word and you know they hear much worse, but I wanted to turn it off. I didn't because I thought I'd seem completely uncool."

"I had the same thing when we were watching Live 8," says Liz Johncox, 44. "Madonna said f--- on television. Here's this woman - who's my age, by the way - swearing during a charity concert." Johncox tried to explain to her eight-year-old that saying f--- at home was not on. "She said, 'Why not, Mum? Madonna does."'

In the record shop, Charlie's friend Anna says, "The rudest thing I've bought was Khia." It takes some persuading to get her to tell me how it goes. Finally the 13-year-old rappily sings, starting, "Right now, lick it good.." followed by a lyric that's too shocking to repeat.

How did this stuff get into the mainstream? "When we compare music today to the past, we can see there is now a total lack of self- censorship," says Turin University professor Franco Fabbri, a world authority on popular music in history. "Although vulgar language has been a basic foundation of culture since ancient Greece, the problem is that because the media allow us to hear many more songs than our ancestors did, musicians have to be as vulgar as possible to be heard."

Simon Frith, chairman of the judges for Britain's Mercury music prize, agrees: "Even five years ago I think a record company might have told James Blunt he would have to edit [the bad language], because otherwise people will complain about it. The fact they no longer think that necessary does tell you something. The Streets, for example, write songs that sound like conversations, and if everyday conversation includes more swearing, then that will be reflected in the music."

Theories are not much use to overloaded parents who are too busy to police their children's record collections. Helen Whitehead, a 46-year-old mother of two, works full-time and worries more about school work than tastes in pop: "They download music for free off the internet, burn it on CDs and listen to it [through] headphones, and I never know what goes on. I only ever get suspicious when they buy a CD and it's got a parental warning sticker on it."

The Australian Record Industry Association has a code of practice that restricts the sale of CDs with the most explicit material. CDs with a red warning sticker, indicating "high-impact themes", are not to be sold to minors, although very few discs fall into this category. Only four titles, including Insane Clown Posse's Hell's Pit, have received red labels in the past year.

Most albums by acts such as Eminem and 50 Cent carry either level one or level two warnings, indicating coarse language and references to drugs, sex or violence, and there is no restriction on their sale. Music has never been subjected to the same kind of censorship as film.

That parents dread what their children listen to is nothing new. What has changed is their involvement in a shared culture with their kids. In the same way that fathers and sons may both be reading Harry Potter, they might both be listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

"We do listen to some of the same music," says Brian Allen, a 41-year-old father of three. "But lots of it has bad language that I wouldn't let my youngest listen to, though." This did not stop the five-year-old from saying "shit" after he had heard it on his brother's stereo.

Fabbri thinks we can expect more artists to resort to bad language. Meanwhile, the record industry, claiming that kids encounter worse on Big Brother, will continue to insist that children - their biggest market - should listen to whatever filth they like.

Sadly, USIs are here to stay.

But can I make one small request? Please slap a parental advisory sticker on Blunt. You are frightening the grown-ups.

The Sunday Times

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Parents in England Shocked by F Word in Music [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4617604 - 09/03/05 09:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

only fuckheads give a fuck about the word fuck

OfflineFleaAccela
Hip-HopEncyclopedia

Re: Parents in England Shocked by F Word in Music [Re: faslimy]
    #4630390 - 09/07/05 03:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well put

--------------------
:royalrainbow:I love rolling... my Katamari!!!:royalrainbow:

Offlinescotsman1
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: guess
Re: Parents in England Shocked by F Word in Music [Re: FleaAccela]
    #4649731 - 09/12/05 10:42 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

He's a wimp who cant sing a decent tune and if he was any good he'd have sold millions of records in the USA, gimme Morrissey any time.
Every mans tastes different

--------------------
We're Bought and Sold
For English Gold

InvisibleYrtlzmo
Female
. [Re: scotsman1]
    #4651111 - 09/12/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Edited by Yrtlzmo (02/06/13 01:53 AM)

OfflineBlek
Stranger
Male

Loc: The universe
Re: Parents in England Shocked by F Word in Music [Re: scotsman1]
    #4651944 - 09/12/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

scotsman1 said:
He's a wimp who cant sing a decent tune and if he was any good he'd have sold millions of records in the USA

Yeah he'd be right up there with musical geniuses such as:

Britney Spears
N'Sync
Jessica Simpson
Mariah Carey
Kelly Clarkson
Nelly
Ludacris

The list of brilliant musical artists goes on and on :rolleyes:

Edited by Picking4Peace (09/12/05 07:27 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom