Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineswingline
Stranger
 User Gallery

azurescens colonization
    #4651208 - 09/12/05 06:41 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i inoculated some jars with azure spores a couple weeks ago. i used a quinoa and alder chip mix. i haven't seen any signs of growth or contamination. i didn't reach a terminal temp because i have some cube jars that are doing well from the same batch. do the azures take a considerably longer time or something?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTsinaglou
learning...
Male
Loc: midwest
Re: azurescens colonization [Re: swingline]
    #4802974 - 10/14/05 12:20 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

How's your ventilation? When I inoculated rye in quarts with no holes in the lids there was no visible growth. When I (very carefully!) punched holes and filled them with polyfill I saw nice white mycelium within a week. Once it's going it moves very fast on both wbs and rye.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: azurescens colonization [Re: Tsinaglou]
    #4803143 - 10/14/05 01:32 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Azures myc will grow fastest at around low to mid 70's as far as incubation is concerned. They most definitely colonize slow (much slower), I've had 1/2 pints take close to 45 days to full colonization it might have been even slightly longer. I agree crack those lids loose a bit this will aid gas exchange bro. GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery
Re: azurescens colonization [Re: hyphae]
    #4803249 - 10/14/05 02:25 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

i would love to give azures a try one day... good luck with your project.

peace

cateyes

InvisibleTsinaglou
learning...
Male
Re: azurescens colonization [Re: hyphae]
    #4805088 - 10/14/05 11:18 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Hyphae, Have you grown azurescens for very long? I'm wondering if my syringe gave me something else; g2g it buzzes through a quart of wbs in four or five days. I'm just moving it to wood shavings now. It munches through cardboard about as fast as the grain. It definitly isn't cubensis; much tougher mycelium. After ten days it's real work to get some spawn out of the jar.

I'm a little gun shy; my first casing (from a freebe syringe of PESA) fruited as Schizophyllum commune. Pretty hilarious, really! Glad I had cakes from two other strains going...

InvisibleWormholeSurfer
Stranger
Re: azurescens colonization [Re: Tsinaglou]
    #4805316 - 10/15/05 12:18 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tsinaglou said:
Hyphae, Have you grown azurescens for very long? I'm wondering if my syringe gave me something else; g2g it buzzes through a quart of wbs in four or five days. I'm just moving it to wood shavings now. It munches through cardboard about as fast as the grain. It definitly isn't cubensis; much tougher mycelium. After ten days it's real work to get some spawn out of the jar.

I'm a little gun shy; my first casing (from a freebe syringe of PESA) fruited as Schizophyllum commune. Pretty hilarious, really! Glad I had cakes from two other strains going...

what th?

where did you get that freebie "PESA"?

InvisibleTsinaglou
learning...
Male
Re: azurescens colonization [Re: WormholeSurfer]
    #4806561 - 10/15/05 08:14 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

WormholeSurfer said:
Quote:

Tsinaglou said:

what th?

where did you get that freebie "PESA"?

I'm not going to name the vendor. They've pulled their PESA until they can restock. No blame! Besides, I suppose it could have come in on my casing...

And I had some warning; every jar showed some initial contamination. This one just seemed to outgrow it... The other strains were fine...

Edited by Tsinaglou (10/15/05 08:22 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation