Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
sociopaths in war
    #4647905 - 09/11/05 08:46 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've been watching farenheit 11/9 today, and looking at all this crap humans do to themselfs, but It all felt natural becuase that is how humans are, more or less, but then I saw that soldier that explained what kind of music they are listening to. Something like "burn motherfucker". He acted like when a child plays a violent game.
What kind of a human can kill civilians with pleasure, watch people cry while looking for parts of their loved ones, and sing "burn motherfucker" and enjoy the whole process?

I mean politicians and generals are one form of human corruption, but this? What the fuck is that? That guy is not doing it out of frustration, or hatefull upbringing, it's all a game of shooting to him, and he is absolutley not at all sensitive to human pain.
Is this man a sociopath or all soldiers like that?

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: sociopaths in war [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4647928 - 09/11/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Did he volunteer?

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4647932 - 09/11/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
I've been watching farenheit 11/9 today, and looking at all this crap humans do to themselfs, but It all felt natural becuase that is how humans are, more or less, but then I saw that soldier that explained what kind of music they are listening to. Something like "burn motherfucker". He acted like when a child plays a violent game.
What kind of a human can kill civilians with pleasure, watch people cry while looking for parts of their loved ones, and sing "burn motherfucker" and enjoy the whole process?

I mean politicians and generals are one form of human corruption, but this? What the fuck is that? That guy is not doing it out of frustration, or hatefull upbringing, it's all a game of shooting to him, and he is absolutley not at all sensitive to human pain.

11/9? You crazy Europeans and your backward ways of doing everything. Europe completely takes out the double message from the terrorists, of 9/11 for attacking the US and calling 911 for help. Or at least I suspect that was their message, otherwise it's quite a coincidence.

Humans are animals; it's mostly those who are brought up in secluded, comfy, teddy bear-filled environments who will say, "Oh no! Hatred!" while eating their hamburger. But that cow probably screamed as it died, just like a human would. We are all animals, killing, slaughtering, dominating each other on a meaningless, blood-soaked stage. Not all of us can sit on the shore and watch onwards, criticizing the attackers for following the universal nature of life.

But war is fueled by hatred, and the soldiers get their inspiration from hatred. Hatred is one of the most effective and useful emotions created by natural selection so as to expand our will to power, and without expansion nothing would get done. Hatred is much better than the love bullshit all the hippies will espouse; but notice the hippies have mostly died off compared to the soldiers. Those who espouse love will come and go, but those who espouse hatred will remain faithful forever. :syringe:

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: sociopaths in war [Re: Ravus]
    #4648003 - 09/11/05 09:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:rofl2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: sociopaths in war [Re: Icelander]
    #4648115 - 09/11/05 09:51 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hatred: Helping build stronger communities

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: sociopaths in war [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4648161 - 09/11/05 10:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ravus likes the dark side. He doesn't see a balance. Love and hate both are powerful. If love did not exist to nuture the young we would never have those lovely haters that Ravus admires so much.

--------------------

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#4648170 - 09/11/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I can not think of anything productive that hatred has produced. Hatred doesn't build skyscrapers or discover medicines. It only causes more suffering.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: sociopaths in war [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4648198 - 09/11/05 10:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Not everything needs to be productive in the sense you are speaking of. Maybe learning takes place because of the effects of hatred. Everything has a place in this Universeal experience or it would not be here.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4648219 - 09/11/05 10:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I guess Croatians are far superior to Americans as long as you ignore the ethnic cleansing you people enjoy. I used to be a soldier. What the fuck do you expect people whos only means of survival is violence to listen to...the goddamn soundtrack to The Sound of fucking Music. I have noticed that you tend to focus on humanity's flaws only where it concerns Americans. Why don't you look at your own history which is full of racial hatred and genocide. Try to improve on your own country, instead of criticising a social group alien to you. Here is a tidbit from www.onwar.com :
"Unlike the brief fighting in Slovenia, the other breakaway republic, the clashes between federal troops and republic defense forces in Croatia erupted into full-scale war. Federal ships off the coast fired on targets in Croatia, while Croatian forces blockaded federal barracks, cutting off utilities and food; besieged soldiers then shelled nearby civilian areas."
Here is a Croatian soldier standing over the body of a civilian he murdered.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4648240 - 09/11/05 10:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Love only exists today to help build tomorrow's soldiers. We need loving mothers to feed their sons, so their sons can go conquer the world. We need loving husbands and wives to reproduce and create a stable environment, so that their children can help the will to power of a nation, community and individual.

There is no duality, just necessity. Love and hate are not opposites, but rather part of the same goal: expansion and domination.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: sociopaths in war [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4648253 - 09/11/05 10:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

have noticed that you tend to focus on humanity's flaws only where it concerns Americans.

I haven't noticed this. Old usually is focused on humanity at large.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4649318 - 09/12/05 07:43 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:

11/9? You crazy Europeans and your backward ways of doing everything. Europe completely takes out the double message from the terrorists, of 9/11 for attacking the US and calling 911 for help. Or at least I suspect that was their message, otherwise it's quite a coincidence.

Humans are animals; it's mostly those who are brought up in secluded, comfy, teddy bear-filled environments who will say, "Oh no! Hatred!" while eating their hamburger. But that cow probably screamed as it died, just like a human would. We are all animals, killing, slaughtering, dominating each other on a meaningless, blood-soaked stage. Not all of us can sit on the shore and watch onwards, criticizing the attackers for following the universal nature of life.

But war is fueled by hatred, and the soldiers get their inspiration from hatred. Hatred is one of the most effective and useful emotions created by natural selection so as to expand our will to power, and without expansion nothing would get done. Hatred is much better than the love bullshit all the hippies will espouse; but notice the hippies have mostly died off compared to the soldiers. Those who espouse love will come and go, but those who espouse hatred will remain faithful forever. :syringe:

:lol: boy you must be having fun in the morning

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: sociopaths in war [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4649323 - 09/12/05 07:45 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
I guess Croatians are far superior to Americans as long as you ignore the ethnic cleansing you people enjoy. I used to be a soldier. What the fuck do you expect people whos only means of survival is violence to listen to...the goddamn soundtrack to The Sound of fucking Music. I have noticed that you tend to focus on humanity's flaws only where it concerns Americans. Why don't you look at your own history which is full of racial hatred and genocide. Try to improve on your own country, instead of criticising a social group alien to you. Here is a tidbit from www.onwar.com :
"Unlike the brief fighting in Slovenia, the other breakaway republic, the clashes between federal troops and republic defense forces in Croatia erupted into full-scale war. Federal ships off the coast fired on targets in Croatia, while Croatian forces blockaded federal barracks, cutting off utilities and food; besieged soldiers then shelled nearby civilian areas."
Here is a Croatian soldier standing over the body of a civilian he murdered.

why are you being so nationalist? I wasn't talking about nations here, but people in general

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4649356 - 09/12/05 08:15 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That's a very good question.  :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4649357 - 09/12/05 08:17 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That picture he posted there, in fact adds to my point

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #4649478 - 09/12/05 09:18 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Hatred is one of the most effective and useful emotions created by natural selection so as to expand our will to power, and without expansion nothing would get done. Hatred is much better than the love bullshit all the hippies will espouse; but notice the hippies have mostly died off compared to the soldiers.

Hatred is nothing but a catalyst that can bring expansion and these other ideas you speak of. It isn't the action, its simply the thought process that brought forth the action. Glorifying such an aspect of self in such a manner belies the fact that the same actions and states that result from hatred can result from any other catalyst or thought process. Hatred might bring a man to devote himself to destroying others, but so might the desire for money.

I can't possibly see how focusing on destructive energy and implied seperation and suffering acts in any beneficial manner in the interests of oneself or the environment which sustains and is continously responsible for the self. Influencing one's environment in manners that will come back to haunt oneself, as in acting extremely short-sightedly, isn't beneficial for one's survival. Stabbing some guy in the back so that you can steal his wallet and eat for another day isn't going to ensure your survival tomorrow when some family member of his hunts you down. Creating a world of war simply increases the threats to the survival of one's own child.

Hurl a grenade in that direction over there and the far reaching consequences of your action ensure that one will be hurled back, in some shape or form. Its hard to bring power into one's will when there is nothing to enslave. :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: sociopaths in war [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4649584 - 09/12/05 09:58 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Quote:

Ravus said:
Hatred is one of the most effective and useful emotions created by natural selection so as to expand our will to power, and without expansion nothing would get done. Hatred is much better than the love bullshit all the hippies will espouse; but notice the hippies have mostly died off compared to the soldiers.

Hatred is nothing but a catalyst that can bring expansion and these other ideas you speak of. It isn't the action, its simply the thought process that brought forth the action. Glorifying such an aspect of self in such a manner belies the fact that the same actions and states that result from hatred can result from any other catalyst or thought process. Hatred might bring a man to devote himself to destroying others, but so might the desire for money.

I can't possibly see how focusing on destructive energy and implied seperation and suffering acts in any beneficial manner in the interests of oneself or the environment which sustains and is continously responsible for the self. Influencing one's environment in manners that will come back to haunt oneself, as in acting extremely short-sightedly, isn't beneficial for one's survival. Stabbing some guy in the back so that you can steal his wallet and eat for another day isn't going to ensure your survival tomorrow when some family member of his hunts you down. Creating a world of war simply increases the threats to the survival of one's own child.

Hurl a grenade in that direction over there and the far reaching consequences of your action ensure that one will be hurled back, in some shape or form. Its hard to bring power into one's will when there is nothing to enslave. :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

hey it makes sense when you wake up pissed off  :smirk:

--------------------

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#4649640 - 09/12/05 10:16 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

This is an ignorant post. Instead of asking why soldiers show unbridled aggression before battle you instead labeled them as a sociopath right off the bat.

If you do not understand something, don't throw labels into the mix. We get it, you don't like war. You don't understand war, and you don't understand those who participate in war. So why jump to a conclusion?

I've never been in war, but the aspect of fighting surely drives primal instincts to the surface and these instincts may very well ensure survival of oneself and the defeat of the enemy. I've read that is best for a soldier to embrace the rush of emotion in war as a means of ensuring courage and bravery, but it is best for the commander to let his emotion slowly build as to use reason and emotion together as a force of decision-making.

Those that choose war are a breed seperate from the rest of the population. Not better or worse, but different and necessary. Just as the touch of a nurse is left to the caring of the wounded, so is the bloodlust best left to those on the battlefield.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: sociopaths in war [Re: looner2]
    #4649709 - 09/12/05 10:32 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
This is an ignorant post. Instead of asking why soldiers show unbridled aggression before battle you instead labeled them as a sociopath right off the bat.

If you do not understand something, don't throw labels into the mix. We get it, you don't like war. You don't understand war, and you don't understand those who participate in war. So why jump to a conclusion?

I've never been in war, but the aspect of fighting surely drives primal instincts to the surface and these instincts may very well ensure survival of oneself and the defeat of the enemy. I've read that is best for a soldier to embrace the rush of emotion in war as a means of ensuring courage and bravery, but it is best for the commander to let his emotion slowly build as to use reason and emotion together as a force of decision-making.

Those that choose war are a breed seperate from the rest of the population. Not better or worse, but different and necessary. Just as the touch of a nurse is left to the caring of the wounded, so is the bloodlust best left to those on the battlefield.

There is a name for everything in human language, and things get named and defined, so why don't you alow classification of behaviour?

--------------------

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#4649725 - 09/12/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Did you register anything in my post, whatsoever?

You want to label someone as having a personality disorder because they listened to violent music before going into BATTLE?

I was nice and actually gave you an explanation from a warfare perspective and also a social perspective.

Now i'll be honest...

You're an idiot.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order