Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
The amount of effort that is required to be politically informed (Rant)
    #4647497 - 09/11/05 09:33 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Prepare yourself for the bitch-fest of the year...

The amount of effort that is required to be politically informed is enormous. 99% of people just pick up informational and ideological scraps here and there and then regurgitate an opinion that has already been neatly laid out by some pundit. If a person actually wants to be informed about a topic it takes massive amounts of time and investigative effort. I used to have this drive, but I think that I have lost a lot of it.

Because of the lack of drive that is afflicting me when it comes to information retrieval and learning about political topics, I find myself falling victim to the classic pitfalls of lazy thinking. I stereotype, engage in repetitive thoughts, and immediately write people off when they exhibit certain ideas.

I am still more informed than 90% of the American population and I have a solid background of exposure to literature, philosophy, and independent thought. But, I think I may have "hit the wall" so to speak; I have reached a certain level of political knowledge and I have no desire to go further.

I am starting to think that complaining about politics and far-off happenings is a tad bit redundant. All I have done is think about profound and esoteric things for years. The more I think about shit, the more depressed about this world I get. When I was sitting at home pondering governmental systems, the basis of morality, and human history, I could have been out getting laid more.

I want to keep my intellect and my basic knowledge intact. But, I think I want my life to take a decidely more hedonistic and less brainy turn.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: The amount of effort that is required to be politically informed (Rant) [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4649592 - 09/12/05 12:01 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I find that I become best informed through the debates on this forum. Each side presents the information which backs up their point of view, and as I see them battle it out, I see whose information holds up to scrutiny, and whose doesn't.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: The amount of effort that is required to be politically informed (Rant) [Re: Silversoul]
    #4651547 - 09/12/05 07:59 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

But we're junkies and this is our drug. The rest don't have the neuroreceptors for it. Tell me again what Novak said today???? Please I gotta have it man I NEEEEEEEED it. Oh and and and Krugmananddowdandtierneyandkrauthammerohgodwherearetheynowandwhyhaven'tthey writtentome.ohIneedthemnowsobad.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: The amount of effort that is required to be politically informed (Rant) [Re: Silversoul]
    #4652102 - 09/12/05 10:13 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
I find that I become best informed through the debates on this forum. Each side presents the information which backs up their point of view, and as I see them battle it out, I see whose information holds up to scrutiny, and whose doesn't.

Agreed. This is exactly what i do. It gives you the full spectrum.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion