Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Kava
    #4645366 - 09/11/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I was reading the post about DMT, and I saw someone mention Kava, and how it is a relaxent and precursor for psychadelics for many people. This interested me and I looked online/on erowid. This actually looks really interesting, and I never heard about it before. I just have a few questions.

1. Does it actually have an effect, or is it placebo/barely noticable?

2. Does it almost always help a psychadelic trip positively if taken before (ie.. some people say marijuana relaxes them at makes it better, however it clouds other peoples minds and they prefer not to do it).

3. Which is the best form? I live in the US, where erowid says stores mainly sell pill or liquid extract form. Are these still the same thing? How should I use them?

Thanks  :thumbup:

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
Re: Kava [Re: Limelight]
    #4645381 - 09/11/05 09:47 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

In my limited experience with it, it seemed like a "mood resetter". For example, during much of my youth, I was at odds with my parents. We'd get into huge screaming matches that would sour much of the rest of the day. I found that taking a capsule or two (don't remember the size/amount, sorry) would enable me to enjoy the rest of my day without remaining upset from the prior episode. I would still be annoyed or frustrated with them, but my overall mood could be quite pleasant if I occupied myself with something else.

Hope that helps a bit.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

OfflineNCognito
Stranger
Re: Kava [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #4645550 - 09/11/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Many people take it to help them go to sleep. It works great for this purpose however many people suffer from disturbing dreams while on it and discontinue use.

Offlinekraj
Stranger
Re: Kava [Re: NCognito]
    #4645560 - 09/11/05 10:40 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've used it to calm some anxiety in the past, and it's always worked well to kinda smooth things out.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Kava [Re: kraj]
    #4646363 - 09/11/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I just bout 1oz of kava kava liquid tincture, but unfortunately its the kind NOT mixed with alcohol.. just water. There was another one that was mixed iwth alcohol but i never realized it until after I got home. Do you think I could just put 30-40 drops in a shot of vodka and that would work?

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
    #4646542 - 09/11/05 03:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

it will work either way cuz...arent you after the kava?

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Kava [Re: TheHook]
    #4646548 - 09/11/05 03:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

no, technically the psychoactive chemicles IN the kava liquid only come out in alochol. i accidentally bought the kind mixed with water.

--------------------

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
    #4648321 - 09/11/05 10:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

kavakava from Iamshaman works well. I find it is somewhere between the effects of Kratom and Alcohol. Actually kava reminds me very much of alcohol really, a social mood altering drug. At least alcohol in small doses is like this. But of course kava is more of a good feeling mellow vibe the alcohol is more of a good feeling rough vibe(at least with beer or hard alcohol). Kava is more similar to good wine, but again it is much different as it is not a downer like alcohol is.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Kava [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4648448 - 09/11/05 11:02 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

KavaKing in powder from from your health food store. Very high quality. I have use Kava a lot and it is not a placebo. At high doses I have had powerful audio hallucinations. At low doses it is a muscle and skeletal relaxant. At higher doses a euphoric. Higher still to have a mild E like glow ( very inferior to E) and some type of hallucination.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (09/11/05 11:03 PM)

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Kava [Re: Icelander]
    #4648666 - 09/11/05 11:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Awesome. what type of hallucination, and also how much is the powder?

--------------------

OfflineAtman
CompletelyStranger
    #4649337 - 09/12/05 07:59 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Limelight,

Yes I have used kava alot and with psychedelics.

What I can tell you.

I buy a kilogram of tongan kava and it's probably the best around my parts. It's acutally better than a 5X extract that the shop sells and much cheaper.

Do not smoke dope yet cause it will make your mouth too dry to chew the kava (it sorta gives you the dries too).

Below is the best method when using the raw material.

With a good raw product you take around 2 heaped tablespoons full. You chew it up a spoon at a time, mixing it with saliva. When its pretty wet with saliva spit it into a bowl. Keep chewing the powder up until you have processed the lot. Your mouth may get numb like with cocaine while doing this.

Take the powder and saliva mixture and mix it with some coconut milk, now drink it down.

This will last about three hours.

First 1hr or so: Stimulation, some have called it a mild cocaine like effect. Confidence, social in nature and unreasonable happy feeling.

Rest of the duration: Is a feeling of slugishness, slight alcohol like intoxication. Tiredness.

If you keep drinking it, you will feel more of a stupor.

With psychedelics it's gives me a feeling of confidence that I like. So I take kava and then as soon as I'm feeling like where's that DMT or salvia (whereas I normally might say um DMT naw not today). I lift off. I don't have the normal apprehensions, it is like alcohol making you fearless for example. You remain able to appreciate the trip with out the kava intruding.

I mean once your trip (I've tried it with shrooms, HBWs, DMT and salvia) comes on it overwhelms any effect of the kava. The kava just gently leads you into it with positive feelings. Like the old practice of giving small doses of librium before a large acid hit, it makes it more agreeable on the come up.

On its own the kava probably isn't very hallucinogenic though. I made an extract with acetone for a friend it contained about 14 tablespoons full and he took the lot in a shot vodka, he said that he had some strange visual effects about an hour latter when he went swimming.

For a nice mild cocaine like buzz you take about 1-2 tablespoon(s) of ephedra sinica and simmer it in a bit over a cup full of water for 1/2 hr and then drink. Prepare your kava and take it about 1/2 hr latter. The ephedra will be providing a good effect soon as the kava is coming on.

The ephedra keeps it from becoming sedative and prolongs the cocaine like sensations. I get a good body rush, heart beat is not faster but a lot stronger. I feel like I can do anything and indeed my body feels more able too. If you have any heart problems or circulatory problems don't take ephedra.

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Kava [Re: Atman]
    #4649929 - 09/12/05 11:36 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Awesome, sounds interesting. I'd like to try it. (the actual good kind).

I'm buying so many things related to drugs lately though :S
Where is the best place to buy a kilo (or a half kilo) of tongan kava? I'd rather not spend over 30 because i really cant spend a lot more.

--------------------

OfflineAtman
CompletelyStranger
    #4651278 - 09/12/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm in Australia and there is a few different types of Kava available here. I don't know if you can get tongan where you are. The waka grades of the fijian stuff is good too. There is hawaiian stuff too thats supposed to be very good. I pay AUS $100 for about a kilogram of tongan kava, I could probably get it cheaper elsewhere. It's alot of money, but it goes along way. You could probably find a smaller package for under USD $30 somewhere.

OfflineAtman
CompletelyStranger
    #4673193 - 09/17/05 06:45 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I just have read a thread on this board that mentions that kava may have bad side effects for some people. I read on the FDA's website that a young woman needed a liver transplant after taking kava. So one should be careful if you have any history of liver problems. Maybe it should be avoided all together since it on its own is not the most rewarding substance.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
    #4673195 - 09/17/05 06:48 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

go to http://www.thekavahut.com $60 for a 1kg or 2kg $110 hell alot cheaper, heard its pretty good product too.

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4673384 - 09/17/05 08:55 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Limelight said:
Awesome. what type of hallucination, and also how much is the powder?

Audio hallucinations for me. Music was awsome and beautiful. It costs about $12 a can and if you want to trip balls it has two to three servings. I highly suggest taking some Milk thistle, and alpha lipoic acid and other liver protecting herbs with the Kava. There may be some liver toxicity with use. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder