Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesecretmachine
lover of mystery

expectations
    #4645266 - 09/11/05 11:10 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Reading the posts here i see alot of people with depression.  I wish to share something i learned while battling my own depression.  basically for me it boils down to expectations, when i was a kid everything was happy and perfect (becaues i didnt know any better) this happy feeling became my litmus test for happiness.  after a hard part in my life i have felt like crap after that completely, because it was a far cry from when i was happy.  my point is, my depression comes from life not meeting my expectations of what life should be. 

For example, say taking a test at school.. situation a: you do really well, and are elated.. the next test you do not quite as good: most likely depression ensues.  situation b: first test you have no expectations and get a 75%.  thats ok, but you could have done better.  next test you get.. say the same score as the second test in example a.. elation ensues.  my point being, the same score can correspond to different feelings depending on expectations. 

My solution to all of this is to accept things the way they are and *try* to not have it conform to one standard, if i am to be happy.  I dont always do that, but i try  :smile:. Meditation also helps alot, take some quiet time to really look at ourselves is important i think.  good luck all  :heart:

--------------------
---
A civilization based on authority-and-submission is a civilization without the means of self-correction. Effective communication flows only one way: from master-group to servile-group. Any cyberneticist knows that such a one-way communication channel lacks feedback and cannot behave "intelligently."

the principle of authority" was the "eminently theological, metaphysical and political idea that the masses, always incapable of governing themselves, must submit at all times to the benevolent yoke of a wisdom and a justice, which in one way or another, is imposed from above."
"no one should be entrusted with power, inasmuch as anyone invested with authority must . . . became an oppressor and exploiter of society."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: expectations [Re: secretmachine]
    #4646503 - 09/11/05 05:02 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I totally agree with you man. Like you said life was amazing as a child, your mind wasn't viewing future as a challenge, everything is like a river flow. When I went through puberty I started analyzing things more, I saw how successfully my child life was and I was like "shit I need to keep this up" doing that made everything very stressful and depressing. I became very sensitive and became a victim to negative thinking. I think many people need to realize that past and future only exist in our heads and we should do what makes us happy. Fallow our dreams, our imagination. Flow with the river, drift around problems, everything will fall into place. Nice post secretmachine :thumbup:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: expectations [Re: p4kSouL]
    #4647976 - 09/11/05 11:05 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

"Life is [as] amazing as a child!"
-Unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being