Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Ignorance: God's Gift To Kansas [Re: Swami]
    #4664885 - 09/15/05 12:23 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey!  You got your mysticism in my science!
Hey!  You got your science in my mysticism!

Mmmmm...delicious.  Wow, science and mysticism, two great tastes that taste great together!

:tongue2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Ignorance: God's Gift To Kansas [Re: Veritas]
    #4665015 - 09/15/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

:popcorn: :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Ignorance: God's Gift To Kansas [Re: Swami]
    #4665290 - 09/15/05 01:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Where does a deaf composer like Beethoven hear his music from? An unknown place, with mystical ears, that science can't find, test or measure yet his music, your music is evidence that it is there.
Beethoven was not deaf until later in life. He had already become familiar with the patterns that can evoke moods and how to piece them together.

Just like mystics who remember through the sub conscious emotional patterns from past lives!

Quote:

Is your music fraudulent swami?
This is a nonsensical question.

Did you or did you not act as a medium for new music? Are mediums for real or are they all frauds?

Quote:

So it was a mystic who put all of the inventions you see before you there swami.
As I have pointed out many times, I doubt there is anyone here who is not using some piece of technology that I directly participated in. Engineers and inventors are not necessarily mystics. And meditating and dreaming does not give one any specific knowledge. Dreaming is only the first step. Then comes study of what disciplined minds have already contributed followed by taking the knowledge one step further.

Starting with false "knowledge" only impedes progress.

Specific knowledge comes from the trial and error process. If you hinder people from trying and erring on their own, no new knowledge will come for them to grow with. All we will have only what has been without trial and error. They will only get as far in progress as you have gotten and you said you stopped bothering with spiritual progress long ago.

NO NEW progress will come if people are not allowed to try and error for THEMSELVES. Mystics try and error and grow in knowledge. Just because you tried things and errored and gave up instead of learning and progressing forward doesn't mean others who keep at it are not succeeding. They tell you they are and you say they are in fantasy land. Maybe they are in what was once a fantasy for you you gave up on but they have realized it.

And who declared you the master authority over what is false knowledge. The King of oxy morons I suppose. If it's knowledge then it's not false or it wouldn't be knowledge. Knowledge comes from what has been learned through trial and error. Mystics develop their own knowledge through this process.

What if I catch a bit of information that says coffee grounds mixed in the soil will make my gardenias grow better. It sounds foolish. I won't know until I try it out for myself. Turns out they do simply because they love an acidic soil. Do I need to know about the acidic factor to get results? I don't need an explanation to get results. Of course their is a scientific explanation. I can believe the garden fairies are caffeine addicts and like a donation of coffee grounds and will make them grow better for me if I want too. I can believe it's the acid in the coffee if I want too. It doesn't matter what I believe if I progress as a gardener and am getting positive results.

So mystics can't explain how they get a lot of the results they do. They just know they get them. Someday, science will explain it, like the acid factor. Should gardeners who used coffee grounds in the past not have used it because they didn't know about the acid factor?

Should they have waited until science explained how the grounds made the gardenias grow better first before they grew better gardens with it?

You won't catch me holding back my progress waiting for science to tell me how something works if I can get it to work without knowing the how. I can put trial and error to the test for myself and get mystical results. Hot dam shazam that is so cool to me.

Should I wait until I know how a car engine is made and works before I believe I can drive a car? Hell NO! If I can drive it then, I get the results I want, getting from point A to point B a lot more proficiently.

I don't need to know how my cars runs to drive it. I don't even need to look under the hood to see if an engine is there. I fill it with gas, turn the key, put it in gear, hit the pedal and go. My ability to drive the car, fuel it, and move with it is evidence enough of the engine hiding under the hood. The fact that the car is there at all is all the evidence I need to know that some intelligent mind designed and created it.

When it comes to creating realities, what difference does it make if your raw materials are crafted metals or crafted energy?

Energy can be densified you know. Are you familiar with gasses, liquids and solids? Steam, water, ice. Aether, thought/emotion, matter. See a pattern here? There's no difference between the material physicist and the meta physicist when it comes to inquiry methodology and results. They are both mediums working with different raw materials.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Ignorance: God's Gift To Kansas [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #4665502 - 09/15/05 02:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

IgnatiusJReilly said:
Quote:

In Darwin's view, chance and nature are all you need.

Darwinism has nothing to do with chance. This is the biggest mistake in our understanding of evolutionary biology.

Eh, not necessarily. Darwinism has to do with entropy to a large extent, which many simple minds perceive as "chance", though in all actuality randomness is a better term. Mutations in the genetic code due to the entropy are the driving force in evolution, after all; once a beneficial mutation has been developed out of the thousands of neutral or harmful ones, then natural selection can take place as this organism gains an advantage over its brothers lacking the mutation. The mutation comes about by entropy; it spreads itself because it's useful. The creation could be seen as randomness then, but not the expansion.

Of course, times this by billions of years, and you have potentially trillions and trillions of viable paths for life to follow using mutations. "Chance" is obviously a bad word for mutations, but many people don't comprehend what Darwinism is about anyway.

I read the articles in this thread, and still find most people denying evolution to be a rather dull bunch of myth-followers. They try to explain life by some "intelligent design" lacking evidence, or aliens lacking evidence, or some other rather ignorant methods, because Jesus forbid the scientific theory with overwhelming evidence, logic and observations on its side be correct.

As for the original quote you responded to, I'd say all Darwinism needs is mortal life that reproduces. Once you have mortality and reproduction going, Darwinism can fly in full force, with all its beautiful colors unveiled. Unless, of course, a meteor or gamma ray burst comes along and sterilizes the planet.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: Ignorance: God's Gift To Kansas [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4666244 - 09/15/05 05:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Functionality != Mysticism

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4666662 - 09/15/05 06:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

There's no difference between the material physicist and the meta physicist when it comes to inquiry methodology and results.

Sure there is.

Physicist use the Scientific Method. This requires that any proposed explanation be falsifiable and testable by experiment. The meta-physicist (mystic) makes up an explanation out of the blue that cannot be tested or falsified; end of discussion as far as he's concerned.

Example:

Physicist: rain occurs when albatrosses flying overhead sweat.

Peer-review by other physicists: we captured a flying albatross during a rainstorm and it wasn't sweating.

Physicist: bugger all, it's back to the drawing board.

--

Mystic: rain occurs when pixie fairies cry. The end.

See the difference?

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Ignorance: God's Gift To Kansas [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #4666809 - 09/15/05 07:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

There is a BEAUTIFUL word...functionality. How ironic to see it here.

I just came from watching Modern Marvels on the History Channel. They were show casing peoples extravagant collections of "trinkets". I turned to my husband and said, "We don't collect things do we?" He said,"Nope! If we don't use it we loose it."

If it has no function in my life, it's not in my life. I've always been that way and it keeps me from dogmatic thinking. I can let go of what no longer serves a function and easily bring in something new that does.

There is a middle ground and I don't have a word for it. You've got scientific dogma on the left. They think things are fixed and etched in stone. You got religious dogma on the right and they think things are fixed and etched in stone.

Then, you've got the people in the middle who keep it fluid and are free to fix up what ever they are in the mood to be served by in the moment. Thats mystical to me. The ability to do that. The ability to not be bound by convention. It gives life a magical and mysterious essence, though there is no magic or mystery to it really once you take off the binds from your mind and use them to harness it.

The ability to create beauty in the moment. I remember an acclaimed Architect once saying, if it has function in the design, the design will be beautiful.

Many say that they know when they have touched upon a truth in essence, because of it's beauty.

Evolution is an intelligent design. Intelligent designs evolve. That seems so obvious to me. Thats what I am talking about.

Even one of the greatest scientist of all time, Albert Einstein, recognized this.

I take this following quote from a must have must read book called,
Ideas and Opinions, by Albert Einstein,

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed."

On the meaning of life he says,

"The man who regards his own life and that of his fellow creatures as meaningless is not merely unhappy but hardly fit for life."

Awesome book and he doesn't qualify an anthropomorphic God made in mans image nor a religion or theology that does, but he does discuss what he calls "cosmic religious feeling". He discusses the difficulty of communicating this feeling as it has no God or theology, yet he says in his view, "it is the most important FUNCTION of art and science to awaken this feeling and keep it alive in those who are receptive to it."

I haven't been replying here to support Creator God from the Bible Creationism dogma, nor evolution dogma that suggests "chemicals evolved we have no DNA links as evidence between erectus and sapien but, it looks right so case closed", but rather to support that a mystery to how and why we are here yet remains. Even if we figure out a how from the point of just the big bang, science will never be able to bring us a why. A mystic to me is just someone who realizes that.

As far as I am concerned, that mystery is the over riding function that propels the evolution of the universe and it's serves to give cause to seek and to know and it's beautiful.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4666896 - 09/15/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
There is a middle ground and I don't have a word for it. You've got scientific dogma on the left. They think things are fixed and etched in stone. You got religious dogma on the right and they think things are fixed and etched in stone.

"Scientific dogma" is an oxymoron if I ever did see one. It runs counter to everything that science bases itself on. If there is a gap in our understanding of the universe, science does not say, "Well, it must have been such-and-such. Case closed." Rather, a scientist comes up with a hypothesis that can be tested and falsified. It is then tested in numerous experiments, and even after it has produced the same results time and again, it is still not dogma. It merely becomes theory. If there is an extremely large body of evidence for a theory, it can become a principle, or if scientists reach near-certainty about it(a very rare case), it becomes a law. But even this is not "set in stone." This has been explained here enough times that I cannot conclude that you are simply ignorant of it, so I must conclude that you are being deliberately deceptive.

Quote:

Even one of the greatest scientist of all time, Albert Einstein, recognized this.

I take this following quote from a must have must read book called,
Ideas and Opinions, by Albert Einstein,

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed."

That quote has everything to do with science, and nothing to do with mysticism.

Quote:

I haven't been replying here to support Creator God from the Bible Creationism dogma, nor evolution dogma that suggests "chemicals evolved we have no DNA links as evidence between erectus and sapien but, it looks right so case closed"

Again, a complete misrepresentation. What makes you think we have no DNA links as evidence between us and homo erectus?

Quote:

but rather to support that a mystery to how and why we are here yet remains. Even if we figure out a how from the point of just the big bang, science will never be able to bring us a why. A mystic to me is just someone who realizes that.

Science does not deny that mystery, but a mystic does. That is, science does not attempt to answer such a question that is not its role. A mystic, however, does attempt to answer such questions through speculation, with evidence to back themselves up.

--------------------

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: Ignorance: God's Gift To Kansas [Re: Silversoul]
    #4666949 - 09/15/05 07:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
What makes you think we have no DNA links as evidence between us and homo erectus?

My teacher was trying to say this the other day. I stayed quiet because I really have no desire to change his beliefs, and probably couldn't have if I did. If someone refuses to accept the evidence of evolution, I would assume they have a personal reason for doing so.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4667044 - 09/15/05 08:11 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Paradigm,

Science was able to extract DNA that it could use from Neanderthal who they thought was in evolutionary line between Sapien and erectus. They were excited to test it and link us to having evolved from Neanderthal. They found, we didn't. So they said, "Well then, both sapien and Neanderthal must've evolved from homo erectus.

They have a belief of what happened and are looking for evidence to support that belief. What happens if we figure out a way to test DNA as old as that of Homo erectus, and find, we didn't evolve from it either. Do they then, say it must have branched off like we did from the one before that, even though, more time elapses that the bones of homo Sapien are not represented on the planet between the gaps.

Say they do match. Still doesn't explain where all of the energy and matter of the big bang came from.

You say there is no scientific dogma and thats not so. Some of them became so obbsessed with being right about the theory they FORGED evidence. I agree, it is an oxy moron and people who are convinced of things without evidence are not scientists, you are right. Call them just morons, fine by me.

Your other comments are your interpretations and they are fine by me as well.

I love science paradigm. What I don't preference is dogma anywhere you find it. That article was read like dogma attacking dogma and I doubt, it served one person here in any form other then amusement. It made the scientific view look petty and immaturish. Like the McCoys and the McFarland's shooting guns over each others fences.

When are they ever going to meet in the middle and tear down the freaking fence already? I would speak for every spiritual and religious type here and say that they all appreciate science, true science. It is an assist to them in understanding the physical world. The physical world does not make up the whole of the world/s they experience though and modern physical science, just isn't able to help much yet with understanding the intangible realities.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Ignorance: God's Gift To Kansas [Re: it stars saddam]
    #4667069 - 09/15/05 08:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

itstarssaddam said:
Quote:

Paradigm said:
What makes you think we have no DNA links as evidence between us and homo erectus?

My teacher was trying to say this the other day. I stayed quiet because I really have no desire to change his beliefs, and probably couldn't have if I did. If someone refuses to accept the evidence of evolution, I would assume they have a personal reason for doing so.

Don't be mistaken. I accept evolution. We have plenty of evidence for it in many species and virus's. Evolution is not the issue with me. We don't yet have DNA evidence that CONFIRMS we evolved directly from homo erectus. If science hasn't confirmed it, why should I?

Even if it can and does someday, the question of where the energy that sprang from the big bang came from that resulted in the matter of billions of galaxies etc, is still a freaking mystery. Most mystics are working on the mystery of what came before that and what lies beyond physical matter.

Don't confuse me with someone who doesn't understand evolution. I just don;t separate evolution from it being an intelligent design. I can see how evolution increases the intelligence of designs.

Why is that so difficult for people to understand what I am raising awareness of? It's so simple.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4667118 - 09/15/05 08:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Science can't meet mythology in the middle; that would be a corruption of any principles science holds. Scientists are trying as it is to keep mythology out of biology class.

In evolution, species branch out from one previous specie all the time. Look at the new human they found, homo floresensis, which was trapped on an island and therefore evolved to become smaller, to the extent where we would think the adults were just children. Neanderthals are known to have branched, just as Homo sapiens idaltu would then evolve into Homo sapiens sapiens.

You then bring up a completely different topic not related to evolution, and say:

Quote:

Say they do match. Still doesn't explain where all of the energy and matter of the big bang came from.

There is overwhelming evidence for the Big Bang. The Big Bang also never claims to know where the matter and energy come from, just like quantum physics doesn't claim to know how particles can spring from nothingness. They only observe the evidence; they can speculate, but we can't test the origins of matter yet, we can just see its aftereffect in the Big Bang and the universe.

And we have found an intermediate between modern humans and past hominoids.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_sapiens_idaltu

Also, evolution often occurs the most during catastrophic periods, when many niches in the ecosystem are emptied and mutations therefore have a much better chance of surviving by filling those niches. In calm periods, mutations have to fight a long, slow battle against the genes already there, but if, say, a meteor hits or supervolcano explosion goes off, then there's plenty of ecological space to expand to. This could potentially mean that many of the fossils are destroyed when the most evolution is taking place.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Ignorance: God's Gift To Kansas [Re: Veritas]
    #4667150 - 09/15/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

[Not necessarily directed at Veritas]

Hey!  We got mystery in science!
Hey!  We got mystery in mysticism!

Mmmm.... Mystery. Wow, science and mysticism, both LOVE mystery! But darn, one loves to turn mystery into knowledge, while the other loves mystery to remain mysterious.

And when science sheds light on mystery, oh hell hath no fury like the mystics! Now they must scramble like mad! God forbid there is ANY implication of a lack of "divinity!" "Fish?", say the Mystics? "Fish is what life evolved from?! No! :snub: I have more dignity then that! We have came from -=insert mysterious planet of your own choice=-" -=Insert more emotion-based, defensive baloney=-

I'd rather be a scientist than a mystic anyday. But I don't consider myself to be either, technically.

And btw, I was an ardent mystic when I was 12 years old too.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: Ignorance: God's Gift To Kansas [Re: Ravus]
    #4667176 - 09/15/05 08:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
And we have found an intermediate between modern humans and past hominoids.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_sapiens_idaltu

I had never heard of that.  :thumbup:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: Ignorance: God's Gift To Kansas [Re: Ravus]
    #4667371 - 09/15/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Science can't meet mythology in the middle; that would be a corruption of any principles science holds.

Indeed. I would say to jiggy that it's perfectly fine to believe in science while still having mystical beliefs. In fact, many scientists are religious. However, they don't commit the fallacy of trying to incorporate mysticism into science. Some may have mystical beliefs that are informed by their knowledge of science(some of my beliefs could fall under this category), but they don't try to pass that off as science, and rightly so.

--------------------

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#4667645 - 09/15/05 10:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
"Scientific dogma" is an oxymoron if I ever did see one. It runs counter to everything that science bases itself on. If there is a gap in our understanding of the universe, science does not say, "Well, it must have been such-and-such. Case closed."

Very true indeed... but to be fair to jiggy, there are a number of people calling themselves Scientists who have a very dogmatic view on things. Just look how long it took for Quantum Mechanics to be accepted.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Ignorance: God's Gift To Kansas [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #4667655 - 09/15/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Talk about an emotional reply Skorp!

Add a nah nah nah and you would be 12 again.

My comment in the beginning was mystic over MACHINE. Not mystic over scientist. 

Machines are programmed what to do and only follow instructions.

Skorp, do you know homo Sapien evolving from Lucy is a theory not a fact yet?

If they can make it science fact then, you'll get no fuss from me about it. A science fact is a science fact.

People should ask more questions to understand others before making rash emotional judgments or replying to projections.

Guess what people, if I cared, I don't think creationism from the Bible should be taught in public schools. I think evolution that we have facts on regarding species and virus etc, should be for sure. I also don't have a problem with Darwinsistic THEORY taught as long as it is taught as the theory it is and not as if, it's fact.

If a teacher tells a student they evolved from apes and can't back it up with facts, that makes them almost just as silly as saying some God created the earth in 6 days and humans 6,000 years ago.

Can someone here define the word mystic please?

The definition I am using is a person that recognizes the unsolved mysterious of life. I do and so would call myself a mystic in that sense. The natural scientist in me goes about exploring the unsolved mysterious that are of a curiosity to me personally.

So Skorp, apparently you have all of life's mysteries solved.

First you can get to pre big bang existence and then the cure for cancer. I have so many questions for you after you answer those.

Paradigm, give one example of anything I ever said in the science forum that was mystical.

Last time I checked, this wasn't the science forum. If anyone wants to misinterpret the comments of a spiritual oriented person posting in a spirituality forum as being science then, I have to ask, why would they do that?

I have NEVER once called something science fact that is not. HELLO??

I hardly have the two confused. Your replying to a phantom that doesn't exist just to argue with some idea you have in general about people.

If dreamers and believers and visionaries use scientific methods to innovate and create new inventions, reveal new discoveries, and make dreams become realities then what is the problem? The two do work in a co-operative effort.

Every invention started off as an idea. Many discoveries came to be revealed because someone was curious and or a mystery presented itself. Some came about purely by accident.

How does anyone separate, wanting to solve an unknown mystery, to being curious, to having a vision dream or idea or belief that something once thought impossible could be possible to using scientific method to gain knowledge about it or to create it?

If you separate it, you don't have any reason to apply the scientific method or you have no revelation or creation. The two do work together.

If any of you have unresolved issues with Christian Parents or Christians in general then take your frustrations out on them. I'm not a Christian or a Bible thumper.

Keep reading and posting here. This one is easy for me as I have zero emotion invested in Darwinism or the Bible and creationism. I have no personal attachments to either.

I kept presenting a third option that evolution itself is the intelligent design and that intelligent designs evolve and people keep wanting to polarize the issue and is anyone out there, recognizing the 3rd option I am raising for consideration?

Or are the only people who are going to reply polarized individuals?

You can post until your blue in the face and you won't get me to say it's a scientific fact that homo sapien evolved from an ape when it's not.

You also won't get me to say that all inventions and discoveries  came about WITHOUT, mystery, curiosity, dreams, creative imagination, and or beliefs in the impossible being involved.

For anyone who is still not clear on what I meant by machine, I meant, soul less spiritless machine like a bulldozer, clothes dryer or computer. The mystic in me can wonder things and the scientist in me can explore them. The biological machine I am is just my ride, the vehicle for the spirit/mystic scientist.

Lets see who checked their emotional attachments at the door and can read my words clearly for what they are without projections. This is a meta physical test I am running on humans. :evil:

And a suggestion to help people become more efficient with their time. If you want to discuss scientific method, the shroomery has a science forum.

Meta physicians deal with spirit interfacing with the physical. Spirit is discussed in the spirituality forum. I'm on forum topic and havn't been calling anything of a philosophical, spiritual or religious nature science fact here. If i did, then call me on it. But I havn't.  :kiss:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4667667 - 09/15/05 10:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MushmanTheManic said:
Very true indeed... but to be fair to jiggy, there are a number of people calling themselves Scientists who have a very dogmatic view on things. Just look how long it took for Quantum Mechanics to be accepted.

True, it does take time for many scientists set in the old way of doing things to accept new theories and findings. However, even they often come around eventually, when the evidence becomes too overwhelming.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4667766 - 09/15/05 10:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MushmanTheManic said:
Quote:

Paradigm said:
"Scientific dogma" is an oxymoron if I ever did see one. It runs counter to everything that science bases itself on. If there is a gap in our understanding of the universe, science does not say, "Well, it must have been such-and-such. Case closed."

Tis true, even scientists are well aware of scientific dogma within their community. Einstien discusses the hazards of how scientists fall into dogma a lot in the book I recomended. They are just his opinions. He is not a God either, but, he is a giant I highly respect.

This just made me think of an interesting question. If a scientist lets his personal ethics or morals get in the way of advanced research and development, would he then be considered dogmatic in his community? I'm thinking of stem cell or cloning research issues for example.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #4667790 - 09/15/05 10:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Your replying to a phantom that doesn't exist 

:shiftyeyes:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom