Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTheLightIsOn
In the worst ofall your fears

a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking
    #4644922 - 09/11/05 04:01 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ya so I was talking to an old friend of mine about how I'm turning 21 this Tues(sept 13th). Yep lucky 13th but anyways, she asked me if I'm going bar hopping.

I told her I'm not much of a drinker. The concept of drinking a lot and feeling like shit the next day doesn't really fase me much. She called me strange for not liking to drink. I know that I'm not strange for not liking to drink. Does anyone else dislike drinking?

-PEACE

--------------------
AFOAF's current multi-grow log

"In the privince of the mind, what is believed to be true is true or becomes true, within limits to be found experientially and experimentally.  These limits are further beliefs to be transcended.  In the province of the mind, there are no limits." -John C. Lilly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: TheLightIsOn]
    #4644974 - 09/11/05 04:56 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I enjoy drinking, but not to the point I'm shitfaced. Some people just take drinking to far, especially when you become of age. How come once your old enough to drink people think you should bar hop and get so drunk you embarass yourself and feel like shit the next day? I'm turning 19 (legal drinking age in Canada) in November so I know how you feel. I'm going to go drinking but not with people who will try and get me to drink more than I feel like I should.

--------------------
]

OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: Wysefool]
    #4645001 - 09/11/05 05:48 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I hate drinking.  My friend argues with me all the time about how

drinking is better than smoking.  I don't argue back.  I just sit

and watch him puke all over while I enjoy my high and listen to music.

That's better than winning an argument.  :thumbup:

OfflineTwister
Lucrative
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: TheLightIsOn]
    #4645017 - 09/11/05 06:11 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I don't like to drink to get drunk really, and I only drink about 1/5th of the time that my friends do. They're cool though so they understand. I do like to drink a FEW beers or shots spaced out over a few hours sometimes when I smoke, especially when everone else is super drunk. It make those times more fun.

InvisibleSweetJimmyBrown
Infidel Zombie
Male

Loc: 'starting north, slowly h...
Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #4645021 - 09/11/05 06:21 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I was an alcoholic, but never enjoyed drinking or really understood anything about it other than it's potential as an agent of self destruction and people think I'm pretty weird. My girlfriend grew up kind of sheltered and doesn't understand anything about any form of social drug use and people think she's kind of weird.

I live in a full-out college neighborhood and watch hundreds of kids walk around my streets dressed like whores and pimps hopping from bar to bar, party to party. They terrorize this neighborhood in my home town- destroying property, throwing garbage around, keeping the working class awake all hours, smashing bottles, and laughing all the while. They destroy their apartments because it's not as if they've earned the money they're paying for them with and this leads the landlords to expect this behavior so they don't bother to fix up the shambles that are left every June, leaving this area a disgusting joke. My house has fire damage from the people next door starting bonfires which no authority will respond to because of the commoness of this shit. If the police are called and a party is broken up, it obvious that the non-student is the rat and it quickly retaliated against. Cars are keyed, windows are broken... All because of alcohol...

</rant>

I've yet to lose my temper over such things, I just direct it all towards my feelings toward the power of booze. It's of course not that bad all the time. That is just a sampling of what I've been seeing in the past two years. Man... I'm really pissed off right now. Sorry to jack the thread.

--------------------
Ille dolet vere, qui sine teste dolet.
I'm as calm as a fruit stand in New york and maybe as strange.
Simple Grain Recipe

OfflineTheLightIsOn
In the worst ofall your fears

Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: SweetJimmyBrown]
    #4645040 - 09/11/05 07:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

No it's all good. You gave good reasons for me not to even care about drinking ehh not that I really did care about drinking at all.

-PEACE

--------------------
AFOAF's current multi-grow log

"In the privince of the mind, what is believed to be true is true or becomes true, within limits to be found experientially and experimentally.  These limits are further beliefs to be transcended.  In the province of the mind, there are no limits." -John C. Lilly

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #4645127 - 09/11/05 08:10 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Everyone enjoys different things.  I, for one, never cared much for marijuana even when I did smoke it ocassionaly.  And I haven't touched it in years now.  Many people on this site think I am strange bacause of this. :shrug:

If you don't like alcohol theres nothing strange about that.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineLethalX5
Male

Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #4645150 - 09/11/05 08:25 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WeAreAllOne said:

i'm the same way.  i do drink but i never get really really drunk. every now and then i do but its just not a happy feeling for me.

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: SweetJimmyBrown]
    #4645174 - 09/11/05 08:36 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SweetJimmyBrown said:
I've yet to lose my temper over such things, I just direct it all towards my feelings toward the power of booze. It's of course not that bad all the time. That is just a sampling of what I've been seeing in the past two years. Man... I'm really pissed off right now. Sorry to jack the thread.

Irresponsible, asshole people are your problem, not fricking alcohol. I come to these forums to get away from the whole "blame the drug not the person mentality". I'm a responsible drug user. In the list of drugs I use alcohol is one of them. At no point during my alcohol use do I disrespect people or property.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: debianlinux]
    #4645225 - 09/11/05 08:54 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not much of a drinker, and when I do, I try not to get drunk...just ride out that buzz. And yes, people think it is strange I do "drugs" but won't drink alcohol. Ignore em.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Invisiblecreamrocks
here they come
Male

Loc: the old midwest
Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: demiu5]
    #4645287 - 09/11/05 09:21 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

people=retarded
when it comes to alcohol
but
i do enjoy a drink/beer once in awhile.

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: creamrocks]
    #4645364 - 09/11/05 09:42 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not much of a drinker, myself.  I mean, I'll have the occasional beers/shots...but nothing to the extreme.  For some reason I get hangovers so bad, so drinking is not my game.

I prefer to sit back, and just toke on a bowl and listen to some music.  :smile:

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Offlineonetwo4
herbature
Male

Loc: Lake Tahoe
Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #4645924 - 09/11/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It just depends on the mood really, sometimes I feel like just having a few beers and sometimes I feel like having more but you arent wierd for not drinking.

--------------------

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4645940 - 09/11/05 12:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I like beer, and tequila, but to each his own.
Look at it this way, you wont have to worry about a DUI.

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: rod]
    #4645963 - 09/11/05 12:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Alcohol is evil, straight up. I go out and get drunk once in awhile but alcohol by itself makes me someone I don't like to be. Throwing in a bowl between say every three-four beers makes it a much better time for me. Yet I'll still drink it even though I know it's not good for me..that's why it's evil, lol.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: sublime40oz]
    #4645980 - 09/11/05 12:33 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ya im pretty much over it and im only 19

i like the day after where im just out of it more than getting drunk

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

OfflineFL_accciD
Jack's Paranoia
Male

Loc: midwest
Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: swampthing]
    #4646081 - 09/11/05 01:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i love alcohol, but i realize its detriments. i get real wasted probably twice a month maybe, however i tend to have one or two beers every night after work... i used to think this was ok, but im starting to realize how addictive booze is...
i really want to quit drinking, and just smoke ganj.
marijuana i dont even consider a vice.

god bless pot...fuck booze\

--------------------
- - - T H E E N D - - -

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
    #4646143 - 09/11/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WeAreAllOne said:

So true....  :cool:

I hate drinking as well.. I really don't like the taste of alcohol, and I especially hate hangovers.

--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: Snape]
    #4646155 - 09/11/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i love drinking.... i shotgunned a beer when i woke up to get me ready for the day... it really hurt my stomache tho so i think im gonna make something to eat now...

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: a friend of mine said I was strange for not caring about drinking [Re: AliceDee]
    #4646200 - 09/11/05 01:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I used to drink about 5 nights a week, when I was going to school no less. Now that I drink maybe 1-2 times a month, and see my friends that still drink like this, it makes me dislike what alcohol can do to people in general. Try staying the sober one in your group of drunk friends, you learn things.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale