Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Salvia -- leaf me in peace
    #4645026 - 09/11/05 06:36 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hmmm... I'm still feeling it and probably will be aware for another hour ago. A profound peace in my body, a satisfied smile on my face :smirk:

Two weeks ago I had two small Salvia Divinorum plants, I took four cuttings. I took three x one-third inch stems with two tiny leaves on top, dipped them in rooting powder (containing indolebutyrate rooting hormone) and plunged them halfway into plastic drinking cups filled with slightly moist potting soil. I covered them with inverted transparant drinking cups to form mini-greenhouses, standing in the shade in my livingroom. they were not watered.

I know that's not how you're supposed to do it but it comes closest to what the plant does in the wild.

These four cuttings and their parent plants were prayed upon by a Mormon, a feral Christian and a pagan to test the hypothesis that spiritually cared for plants do better. Well, lo and behold: all four strongly rooted after a week or so and made it. Viva!

I then simply took the covering cups off and looked how they fared in said indirect light. I know you're not supposed to do that either, but nothing gets discovered if we all stay on the path.

The Salvias were transplanted to one-quart tin cans with holes in the bottom, filled with potting soil. Then they went into my windowsil.

Well, and today I harvested my first crop of 10 leaves weighing approximately one gram each in their fresh state.

I decided to experiment around the treshold level, so I took two leaves one by one, tearing off bits with my teeth and chewing it, getting the lining of my mouth nice and moist with the juices and retained it for a long while before swallowing, then another bite and so forth.

Two grams of fresh leaves.

The leaves of Salvia are quite bitter. But it's a honest kind of bitter, a bit akin to raw spinach with the bitterness of tea leaves. It's a honest taste with a slight lemon-like aroma.

People should stop sucking and start chewing :wink: Yes, it's bitter. Why is that bad? You hear stories of people puking. These people aren't listening to their bodies. You have a certain leaf-chewing capacity and a maximum time you can retain it in your mouth before it starts getting unpleasant. Then swallow, careful to be conscious instead of getting rid of it quickly.

If you chew your Salvia fresh and in tune with your body you won't get nauseous, you won't gag or even shudder.

After the chewing, which lasted some five minutes from first nibble to last chew i felt a calm come over me. I had to go to the bathroom and found the room to be highly three-dimensional and rich in color, as well as tilting a bit. All very subtle but quite enjoyable. Just the thing for your forest walk.

I closed my eyes. There was little to see, just the faint hinting at Salvia leaves. Double this, four wet grams in one sitting,and imagery would've started. Ten fresh grams and you're quite involved.

I went to lie down on my bed in my dark bedroom and closed my eyes. My core body temperature dropped a bit as my metabolism started slowing down. Heartrate went a bit up. Meditatively let your soul sink into the warmth of your body.

After a while the Entheogenic experience commenced in the form in which Entheogenicity presents itself on small amounts: as vivid thoughts, accompanied by faint closed eye visuals.

I was taken back to my childhood. My elementary school: playing softball on the grounds with the class, I guess I wat ten in the sequence I relived. Then there were more memories of that time period and then I started COEX-ing.

For those who haven't read Stanislav Grof yet: (you should) a COEX is a system of COndensed EXperience within your brain which your subconscious feels are related regardless of the period in your life in which they occurred.

And so I traveled from memory to memory up and down the timeline, and saw parallels between things that happened twenty days ago and twenty years ago, as I traveled through my mind, filled with a peace and calm of Salvia while I not just retrieved longlost memories but actually relived them to some degree.

This is learned behavior. Tiny doses of Mushroom or Salvia bring it out, but you got to learn how to work with it. If you don't lie down in darkness or close your eyes in meditation somewhere else, it won't happen.

I got out of bed twice, about an hour apart, to snatch me another leaf :wink: which I chewed on the side of my bed, then lay down and continued my mild journey.

If you chew salvia, even small bits of it, you will have a visionary state of about two hours, roughly divided in the first hour which are the porimary effects and the second hour, the mellow aftermath.

That's where I am right now: relaxed in my body and mind, little bit intoxicated, satisfied with an interesting three hours before.

Smoking Salvia extracts can be very drastic but often leaves you with more questions than answers. With chewed Salvia, which lasts at least ten times as long, there are more answers than questions and thats a very comfortable place to be.

Now that I have access to leaves fresh from the plant I much prefer chewing in tiny to substantial doses.

If it's a warm summer's day then wait until evening falls, get together with your friends in the twilight and silence with a pitcher of ice tea and a platter of fresh salvia leaves (lets say ten grams if you take it easy) and calmly let the hours pass and night set in, occasionally nibbling some leaves from the dish to regain the comfort zone.

Chewing Salvia in small groups (like the Africans chew Khat) and socializing a bit is definately going to be an acceptable social event when windowsil Salvia becomes widespread. Its as mild or wild as you want it to be, with the teens chewing up to get their kicks and grandma chewing a leaf or two to mellow out the day with euphoric, relaxed contemplation. An Entheogenic gathering for all the family.  :heart:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenonphixion
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia -- leaf me in peace [Re: Asante]
    #4645036 - 09/11/05 06:55 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds interesting, I can just grow a plant in a soil pot?

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia -- leaf me in peace [Re: nonphixion]
    #4645045 - 09/11/05 07:05 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It's as simple as that. Potting soil, occasionally a bit of houseplant fertilizer (or a tablespoon of pee in a quart of water: no odor, no cost and just as good) and that's all it takes.

It basically needs the care of a regular house plant.

One thing which people forget is that they should take cuttings on a frequent basis and distribute them among their friends and family. It's a pretty leafy plant so aunty might want one too, and this way you can always take a cutting back from them if your plants have died or a plague of insects or mold attacked yours.

Click SALVIA DIVINORUM in my signature and you'll be taken to the best Salvia site on the web which has all the answers.

It's a bit difficult at times but the bottom line is that Salvia is a house plant just like any other. It's not some fancy orchid that needs to be pampered, but more like those potted cooking herbs many people grow in their kitchen windowsill.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4646123 - 09/11/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

mine did well enough with 8 days neglect (me-out of town) as it does with daily misting and normal every other day watering.

while I do prefer a quick translation into the spawning ground of the waking moments by inhaling the product of combustion, your chewing tale of crossing into the conscious wake of other timelines out of your recollections is charmed and charming.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia -- leaf me in peace [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4649301 - 09/12/05 07:00 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

im keen to get my hands on this stuff.... damn laws...

OfflineSinistral
Stranger

Loc: NH
Re: Salvia -- leaf me in peace [Re: indica]
    #4651598 - 09/12/05 06:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Would the chewing/eating work the same with dried leaves do you know? Or must they be fresh?

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: Salvia -- leaf me in peace [Re: Sinistral]
    #4651997 - 09/12/05 07:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i was wondering that too sinistral.

also, in my experience with salvia, even just smoking the leaf-not extract-, i didnt find it enjoyable at all. everything feels like its spining and i get this feeling like somone or something or several of 'them' are there. very strange and conspiracy like. not pleasant.
i was wondering if chewing gives a more pleasant manageable feeling?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia -- leaf me in peace [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4653933 - 09/13/05 05:41 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

soak dried leaves in a bowl for ~10 mins then chew
pick bigger ones 16-30

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia -- leaf me in peace [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4653982 - 09/13/05 07:12 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Would the chewing/eating work the same with dried leaves do you know? Or must they be fresh?

From what I've heard 2-10gr of dried leaves, if wetted a la redgreenvines and then chewed will provide a fullblown experience.
I'm of the *opinion* that 1/10 potency can be reached meaning 1-5gr dried might be plenty if you do it right.
Note: these are natural untreated leaves!

Aaaah Redgreenvines! I'm, glad you found my thread, i would've PM-ed you otherwise, you being the Sage of Salvia of the forum. (well at least from my POV)

Have you experimented with that salvinorin x vegetable oil yet? It really ought to work!

Whats your experience with the drying ratio? Younger vs older leaf potency?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4654165 - 09/13/05 09:04 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

sorry did not try veg oil or olive oil, just been burning super paper to reconnect with the moebious moment, or chewing the odd fresh leaf as a defiant act of salvianation.
on another sig, someone is playing with Ghee, too mild.
I warned them they need 50 times their dose, now they need to drink a cup of butter instead of the spoonful they estimated, yeuchh (I never got the hang of butter)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SalviaD_Alliance/message/18809
young and old leaves are equally hard to predict in potency.
some tiny old ones are very surprising, gotta mix it up and sample the mix to get a handle on where we are going - and then it is a personal issue as well, the next guy can be floored and flattened or plain unaffected.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds