Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedroptopsunfire03
Wandering Deity

Uexpected growth, what should i do next??
    #4643105 - 09/10/05 08:14 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Hey gusy ive had an outdorr setup growing for a while now, but the temps started to go down out here and the humidity was dropping quickly, and my outdorr bed had yet to fruit so i rgabbed up as many large chunks of mycelium from the compost as i could and bagged it up to bring indoors. I had a small amount in a bag that i had forgotten and left in the garage near a window and it has started to fruit. I have one small cubie about 2" tall, it acheived this in only 3 days from being a pin, and there are a few other pins coming up to. What i am wondering is, i now have the main bed , which is about a 4'x5' plastic tub filled with compost and verm, that has been inoculated with PF cakes going, but there isnt any fruit in it yet, although below the surface there is ALOT of thick ropy strands of mycelium winding throughout it. I have it covered with a piece of clear plastic loosely to retain some moistuer as it was drying out pretty fast before even with casing(it hasnt rained here in over a month) so i figured that would in a sense create a similar environment to the inside of the bag where it did in fact fruit. Anyway, what i am really curious abotu is, the cubies i do have growing are in a large freezer bag, should i try and remove them substrate they are in and put it into the large container now that i have more control over the humidity in there or should i leave it be?? There is only about a 1/2 cup of substarate in the bag so i had thought transplanting it into the larger area would give them more room to grow and more nutrients to grow from, or am i mistaken?? I dont want to damage or kill the shrooms in there, but as of right now the largest on them, the cap is begininning to turn slightly grey where as before it was a carmel color, my guess would be humidity in the bag was ideal to induce fruiting but too high for the shrooms?? ALso, kind fo off subject but i noticed a few pins the bag bag 3-4 days ago, i moved the contents of the bag into a larger one(it was in a very small one) and 2 of them aborted but one prevailed and grew rapidly doubling in size everyday up until 2day, is this common to have this rapid of growth?? Will it continue to grow this fast or is ti only while their small?? Thanks guys hopefully someone can help me out.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewaixingren
Male

Loc: SW Florida
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Uexpected growth, what should i do next?? [Re: droptopsunfire03]
    #4643110 - 09/10/05 08:16 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

forgive me for being rude but im not reading that. use your enter key.

--waixingren

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation