Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Mycobags, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
My Process
    #4643054 - 09/10/05 07:46 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

This will be my friend's second attempt at growing this wonderful entheogen... (He entirely botched it the first time, I believe)

So, I'm going to type his whole procedure from spore print to the first flush, and I would be eternally greatful if the wonderful community here could double check it for him (this will help me keep everything straight in my head too)

This has been assembled from about 4 or 5 teks... Thanks to everyone who contributed...

Major Equipment:

10cc Factory sterilized syringe
Sporeprint (Golden Teacher)
Double Chamber Terrarium
Grain-based Mycobag
Clean work area
(Other assorted items)

** First question: Is grain the best substrate for Golden Teacher?

Here goes:

1.Boil distilled water in a clean pan for approximately 15 minutes.
2.Fill syringe with this sterilized water
3.Let syringe sit until cool for several hours (in a clean zip-lock)
4.Wipe a shot glass with %91 isopropyl alcohol, let this air-dry
5.Using the sterilized needle from the syringe, scrape 1/5 of the spore print into the shot glass
6.Spray 5cc of water into the shot glass
7.Suck water back into syringe
8.Let syringe sit for 12 hours
9.(Inoculation) Inject 1cc of ?spore-water? into the middle of the mycobag (through injection port)
10.Store mycobag in Tub in tub heater at 82 degrees
11.Wait 21 days for full colonization of mycobag

** Second Question: Can the mycobag be stored horizontally?

12.Cut mycobag away from substrate
13.Place substrate in terrarium

** Third Question: Should the mycobag be cut away? Will the substrate stay in one piece?
** Fourth Question: Humidifier set-up or perlite?

14.Wait 2-3 weeks, start harvesting accordingly.

After the substrate is spent, should he simply restart the process, or is there an easier way? This is one point on which I have been confused for awhile. Another choice is to move to bulk substrates... Any suggestions?

Again, thank you all so much for your support!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
spirit molecule

Re: My Process [Re: CRexlz]
    #4643122 - 09/10/05 08:20 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

good, you've got it down.

i suggest you make a glove box for the spore scraping procedure (it will be handy later too). you can make a simple one out of a box with holes for hands and uselatex gloves, or a large clear plastic bag.

you don't need to let the syringe sit for 12hours, but make sure you shake it before innoculating.

also, you can fruit directly inside the mycobag, you don't need to cut it, except when harvesting, and then resealing after misting. this might add additional time to the fruiting procedure (but is the safest bet for your first grow). the cake will hold itself together once it is fully colonized if you decide to remove it from the bag.

as for the last question, yes you can start over from spores or read up o liquid cultures. next step would be to learn to make your own bags/jars.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Mycobags, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation