Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecaboomers
Stranger
For advanced growers who like to help and read
    #4642690 - 09/10/05 05:39 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

to get to the point, i made about 5 jars,3 wbs(my first time) and 2 brown rice ones, i saw the 9er tek and Did it accordingly, cooking the rice and pc etc. and did the wbs tek pretty much perfect, i put them in an incubator(homeade out of a cooler) and a few days later i noticed the brown rice jars were completely soaking wet and smelled. there was tons of condensation in my incubator, maybe because i used the lid it came with for the top(thick plastic or sumthin) so it was wet everywhere but the wbs jars were fine so i didnt think it was due to the condesation, then couple days later the wbs jars were all soaked and smelling..im sure i should throw them out i just havent yet, and used a towel for the incubator lid instead of the top it came with to get rid of the condesation...i must have done something rong, i read a bit and i know i didnt let my wbs soak for 24 hrs, only like and hour, but i dunno if thats wuts wrong..if u can help i'd apreciate it. and also im having a hard time gettin a small cup to fruit, i basically put hay n dooki w/ salvaged spawn from a contaminated cake in a cup and cased it(way too early) but after a few weeks i notice the casing started colonized, and ive put it in the fridge to induce pinng, it looked like a very small piece of myc on the side of the cup started too but nothing else, im just experimenting with it so i dont mind fuckin around with it, but i just scratched the casing off a bit and took it out, it kinda looks like a straw ball, and i dunked it and left it in the fridge over night(dont know if its sposed to be dunked in the fridge) and now im lettin it fruit with light on sum wet paper towels, should it work? should i wait for it or try to fruit another way?, i proabbly should have just let it colonize the whole casing and it may have fruited, now that i think about it i dunno why i dunked it...but..yea...HELP!

Edited by caboomers (09/10/05 05:41 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: For advanced growers who like to help and read [Re: caboomers]
    #4642700 - 09/10/05 05:42 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Are you putting your jars in a wet incubator

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlinespaceman
mushroom head
 User Gallery

Re: For advanced growers who like to help and read [Re: OldSpice]
    #4642741 - 09/10/05 05:51 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

You def need a fruiting chamber. you need to surround your cakes with high humidity to get them to grow. the humidity you have in your house is not high enough. I don't mean to rip on you but you said that you followed the WBS tek perfectly, then you said that you only soaked the bird seed for an hour. If you are going to do something do it right then you have a better understanding of where to go if things don't turn out as expected. GL

Offlinepuwtrip
spirit molecule

Re: For advanced growers who like to help and read [Re: OldSpice]
    #4642742 - 09/10/05 05:51 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

you have stated that the water droplets have not formed due to condensation. if this is the case then water vapour is somehow entering your jars and your sterility as well as moisture levels are being threatened. if you have open lids or holes, you need to cover the top with tin foil.

Offlinecaboomers
Stranger
Re: For advanced growers who like to help and read [Re: puwtrip]
    #4645966 - 09/11/05 02:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

one incubator is a small cooler sort of bin in bin style but smaller, like a small plastic rectangle thing surrounded by warm water with a towel on top, the other was a bigger cooler, but instead of water surrounding another bin i had warm water and the heater up high enough so it doesnt really cover the 4 cups that the other bin should sit on, instead of another bin theres plexiglass that the jars were sitting under, but noticing how humid it was, i have a small little bulk tech growin its at the colonizing poo stage and its in there, maybe that should be a fruiting chamber instead of and incubator...im guessing i should throw my jars out? i checked the other day a couple wbs jars arent that wet but smell bad... i have 3 cc's of treasure coast left, do they even like wbs or try another method like rye??

OfflineShroomInduced
I read too manymycology books
Male

Loc: A giant mushroom in my he...
    #4645992 - 09/11/05 02:38 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I can tell you your mistake right now. You dident soak your grains. By not doing that you introduced about a million endospores into your jars. YOu need to soak the grains for 24 hours so the endospores germinate, then when you pc @ 15psi for 45 you kill them all off. Im sure you have bacillus growing in your jars.

--------------------
That's a deep kiss too, like the Europeans. You know, the French, they have to unhinge their jaw to show love.

Computer Fan Tek
Vote for you favorite strain of cubes 97 choices!

Offlinecaboomers
Stranger
Re: For advanced growers who like to help and read [Re: ShroomInduced]
    #4646051 - 09/11/05 03:00 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

thanks, ill do that on the next grow, i just want to make sure everythings good before i waste more spores...so you think that was it? i think i misread sum info on the wbs tek about the soaking part, but thanks, and also i think i put the jars in a humidity chamber instead of an incubator, not i think i have a good idead u put the lid bak on the cooler instead of a town and use it for a fruiting chamber, i have antoher one lik that but smaller sn its doin reall good incubating my spawn bag from a homestead kit(i know kits waste money, but its doin prety good) only problems in i dont think its big enough to fit alot of jars in..but ill figure somethin out, thanks!

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #4646564 - 09/11/05 05:22 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

If your incubating jars, the humidity of your incubation chamber doesn't matter. It can be 0% - 100%, as long as the temps are correct. The jars are sealed for the most part and the ambient humidity of the incubator is irrelevant.
It sounds like your grain was too wet, and not processed effectively.
Once your jars or casings are colonized properly, the humidity factor is essential for fruiting, not incubating.

Offlinecaboomers
Stranger
Re: For advanced growers who like to help and read [Re: Shdwstr]
    #4651184 - 09/12/05 06:33 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

alright, i just thot it might have had somethin to do with the humidity because it was so humid there was condensation everywhere and the jars wer covered but with polyfill in the middle w/ coffe filters, and the coffee filters were really wet so i thought some might have gotten through, i have 3 ccs left i'll do 2 jars propery (the wbs is doin its 24 hr soak as we speak) and one honey tek, hopefully ill find a digi soon so i can post flicks of my sorta first grow (other 2 jars pf tek style took really long and both contamd, my homestead bags looking great..altho i called an asked and they said i didnt need to put it in a fruiting chamer cuz it makes its own humidity, will too much hurt it to fruit or wha? and i have one mini bulk tek incubating thats doin good but i think im seein some cob web mold since i made it off salvaged contamed cakes...eh, yea..tommorrow ill innoc my wbs jars and start fresh..oh and back to the initial prob, i logged every thing and i saw in there that i didnt see and red cloudy water after soaking...didnt know it would fuck up all the jars that bad...is it better to simmer in the redish water or rinse and simmer in fresher water?

Edited by caboomers (09/12/05 06:37 PM)

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
    #4651236 - 09/12/05 06:48 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Having done both, I would have to say I have had much better results on rinsed grains. Rye and WBS perform almost the same in my grows. Actually the rye colonizes quicker. Most jars to 100% in a week, from home made syringes.
Soak 'em, rinse 'em twice and simmer for 10-15 minutes.

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Offlinecaboomers
Stranger
Re: For advanced growers who like to help and read [Re: austio_ferocious]
    #4655944 - 09/13/05 06:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

anyone know what happen to my 9er tek jar? whyd that get so soggy n smelly?... another question, im not pressure cookin my jars,... steaming w/ wet sterile towels on top of lid for a really long time = pc'ing? or hell no and can really make a big difference???

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation