Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Kava Kava, Magic Flight Launch Box, Mimosa Hostilis, Salvia, Scales, Shpongle, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Nervous about trying DMT
    #4642439 - 09/10/05 04:21 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

My friend's cat recently performed his first MHRB extraction and obtained a small amount of white crystal that looks like sugar or salt but is more fine, and waxy.  It smells kinda like burning plastic, but I've never smelled anything else quite like it.

I have been reading about DMT for about a year and will definitely try it, but I am nervous because of the powerful effects of the drug.  Can anyone offer any encouragement or advice?  I have had many 5 gram mushroom trips and a Salvia trip and have always handled them well, except for one bad trip. 

I am worried that there may be some contaminent in the crystal (lye... naptha) that may be harmful to me if ingested, although the crystals I have SEEM quite pure (although I have never seen DMT before, they are very close to perfectly white). 

Is there any good way to guage a 35-50mg dose without a mg scale?

If using a real vaporizer, what should the temperature be set at?

I will definitely experience DMT, I just need to gear myself up for it.  :crazy:  How can I prepare for what may be the most profound experience of my life?

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Nervous about trying DMT [Re: Plok]
    #4642451 - 09/10/05 04:26 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

If you have a scale accurate to .01g (cost maybe 20 bucks on eBay), then you could take some powder, weigh out 100mg or however much, and dissolve that into a known amount of ethanol, then measure out the equivalent of 30-50mg and evaporate the alcohol off.

The best thing you can do is not have any expectations at all.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OnlineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #4642459 - 09/10/05 04:29 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

If you have plenty start out low. 15. Then 20. Then 25. You get the picture. After all its the "flavor" too that you have to get used to.

Word has it that if you VERY finely powder DMT freebase and snort it, you will get a prolonged effect. The grapevine says you need twice as much than when smoking but don't see that as advice of any kind.

If a gram of DMT fell into my lap I would *definately* experiment and I'm very choosy where it comes to psychedelics.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Re: Nervous about trying DMT [Re: Asante]
    #4642471 - 09/10/05 04:32 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Does the grapevine say anything about a burn or drip?

--------------------

- John Mayer

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Nervous about trying DMT [Re: dblaney]
    #4642520 - 09/10/05 04:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

It is only a small amount. He extracted from 50g MHRB but ended up losing some of the final product while handling it. Therefore only probably one or two full doses remain. My scale only goes up by .1g intervals.

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

#4642541 - 09/10/05 04:50 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Oh alright, in that case, 50g MHRB doesn't have much, so I would say you have a max of two doses there. So you could either smoke it all at once, or divide it into thirds, smoke one third to see what it's like and then smoke the other two thirds if it turns out to not be strong enough.

--------------------

- John Mayer

OfflineNCognito
Stranger
Re: Nervous about trying DMT [Re: dblaney]
    #4642943 - 09/10/05 06:56 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't worry too much about naptha as a contaminant since a lot of it evaporates. Before you smoke it take a small crystal and set it on your tongue and keep it in one place...if it burns then there is lye left on the product and you should try a recrystallization or a wash technique. If it doesn't burn on your tongue you should be good to go.

As far as gearing up for the trip, just try and clear your mind or possibly meditate. I felt a lot of angst when I first tried it mainly because I too was worried about contaminants...but after you get passed that you should be fine. Best of luck!

OfflineAtman
CompletelyStranger
Re: Nervous about trying DMT [Re: NCognito]
    #4645052 - 09/11/05 09:11 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

If you are asthmatic do not vapourize the pure crystaline substance, I did and had a very bad asthma attack going into it (fortunately I started out with low doses) Smoking it mixed with damiana solved that problem for me.

The first good hit is always a real shock to the whole system. Nothing really prepares you.

I felt like I had been really given a pipe of potassium cyanide or something lethal.

You will at some stage feel like you are really dieing and it gives you a real freakout.

Worth trying once in ones life though (atleast). The afterglow though is the best relaxed feeling ever beats any opiate hands down.

Salvia for me is more weird in its effect, I go from that mild coming up feeling to completely gone farther than I have ever been in a much faster time than DMT. DMT has a more intense effect for me wiith the visuals and body feel (like when your head starts physically in feeling to fill the whole room for example).

Let us know how you go.

Kava is a good primer to launch from and makes you feel braver, without detracting from the trip. In fact I like Kava as primer to most heavy psychedelic trips.

Offlinemescal
shroomologist

Loc: Austral Island
Re: Nervous about trying DMT [Re: Atman]
    #4645067 - 09/11/05 09:27 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I reckon if you don't get nervous there's something wrong with you.The whole thing is about letting go, afterall you're leaving your body behind to look after itself! The nervousness is your ego telling you not to do it...very normal.Reason with your ego until you feel ready and just hit that baby.

Best of luck!

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: Nervous about trying DMT [Re: mescal]
    #4645331 - 09/11/05 11:32 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I'm very nervous too. my friend just ordered mhrb 2 days ago, and is now waiting in the mail to begin extraction :S
I'm just going into it with an open mind though, hopefully my friend extracts it right.

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Offline3six5
Psychenaught
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right here
Re: Nervous about trying DMT [Re: Limelight]
    #4646288 - 09/11/05 04:07 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

i sit in a blacked out dark room on my bed surround by pillows, as to keep me from rolling off the bed. i like to roll over back and forth while tryping.. its such a mind fuck :laugh: .. i'm usually pretty nervous every time i sit down w/ the pipe. i'll stare it down for about a half hour each time tryn to center and calm myself. takeing a deep breath and hold it for 3 seconds does wonders at settleing ur nerves.. but usually once u pick the pipe back up.. or look at it.. ur right back to where u were.. once u get ur hit in, u've already forgotten about the worry.. just smile and lay back.. enjoy the ride. give in, let go.. go there.. fly

good psytrance music is a must- shpongle.. cosmosis.. doof..

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Kava Kava, Magic Flight Launch Box, Mimosa Hostilis, Salvia, Scales, Shpongle, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience