Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
haha
    #4641232 - 09/10/05 08:49 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

shittiest pres ever?? i think so.... im just afraid now we'll get another terrorist attack so he can work on those numbers

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050910/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_ap_poll
President's Approval Rating Dips Below 40

WASHINGTON - President Bush's job approval has dipped below 40 percent for the first time in the AP-Ipsos poll, reflecting widespread doubts about his handling of gasoline prices and the response to Hurricane Katrina.

ADVERTISEMENT

Nearly four years after Bush's job approval soared into the 80s after the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, Bush was at 39 percent job approval in an AP-Ipsos poll taken this week. That's the lowest since the the poll was started in December 2003.

The public's view of the nation's direction has grown increasingly negative as well, with nearly two-thirds now saying the country is heading down the wrong track.

"As a nation, we are pretty well stretched," said Barry Allen, a political independent from Reed City, Mich. "I approve of some of the things the president has done, and disapprove of others. Overall, I disapprove."

Allen said he liked some of Bush's economic steps during his first term but has been dissatisfied with the president's economic moves in his second term, his Iraq policy and his handling of gasoline prices.

Allen worries Hurricane Katrina has taken the wind out of an economy that was moving in the right direction.

With gasoline racing past $3 a gallon, Bush's standing on dealing with those prices may be one of his biggest problems ? seven in 10 said they disapprove.

And just over half in the poll, 52 percent, said they disapprove of the president's handling of the hurricane.

For Bill Kane of Kingsland, Ga., the government's slow response to the hurricane "was terrifying to see in our own country. It made you mad, because it made you think where's our money going?"

More evidence of problems with the storm response surfaced Friday when the Federal Emergency Management Agency announced it would discontinue a 2-day-old program to issue debit cards worth to displaced families.

The administration also dumped FEMA Director Michael Brown, who had come to symbolize the stumbling early days of the hurricane response, as commander of Katrina relief efforts.

Brown once served as the judges and stewards commissioner for the International Arabian Horse Association.

"Bush puts people in jobs who don't know what they're doing," said Shirley Carignan, a retiree and a political independent from Weymouth, Mass. "I think he's picking friends for these jobs. My girlfriend raises Arabians. You know horses, so what? Horses and people are different things."

The number of people who think the country is on the wrong track grew from 59 percent last month to 65 percent this month. Tumbling consumer confidence after Hurricane Katrina may be contributing to that sense of pessimism.

The RBC CASH Index, based on polling by Ipsos, showed that consumer confidence sank in September to the lowest level since early March 2003 before the start of the Iraq war.

Economic woes and a continuing war in Iraq have been complicated by the continuing hurricane recovery crisis.

"A lot of Americans don't pay attention to their leaders on a day-to-day basis," said Robert Blendon, a public opinion analyst at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government. "They measure presidents, governors and mayors on how they handle big events like a hurricane. This event is not over because the bodies are going to be discovered day by day."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: haha [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4641329 - 09/10/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

sad it takes so long for people to realize what
a bumbling fool this guy is. what's even more
sad is that no only did our government let us
down, but so did our shadow government.

where the fuck was cheney?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: haha [Re: afoaf]
    #4641340 - 09/10/05 09:29 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Can a president be voted out by the people once in office?

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: haha [Re: newuser1492]
    #4641495 - 09/10/05 10:10 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

hmmmm....

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
Re: haha [Re: afoaf]
    #4641535 - 09/10/05 10:20 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Cheney likes to retreat to his undisclosed location when he feels blue

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: haha [Re: Worf]
    #4641552 - 09/10/05 10:24 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Vote libertarian. That is all.

OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Re: haha [Re: DNKYD]
    #4641986 - 09/10/05 12:25 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I just wonder what Kerrys numbers would be right now. Not too much better, if I boldly say so myself. Hurricanes will do that to you.

OfflineJ4S0N
human
 User Gallery

Re: haha [Re: GringoLoco]
    #4642077 - 09/10/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Why is it when Bush shows how fucking retarded and uncaring he is, the best argument for his support is that Kerry wouldn't have done any better. Well of course not, they are both fucking idiots. That is the problem with America, you have the choice between two retards who don't represent the people at all. They are both rich kids who have no clue how the rest of us live. They see everything through the eyes of the wealthy, they make decisions that effect millions without even thinking about it, because after all thats just the way the world works right? Or so we're told.

If the USA is to survive the way it has for so long, people need to wake up and work towards reforming the government. You can't fix things by making more government agencies. We're witnessing the destruction of the USA as far as im concerned. If thats what the people want, they thats what they'll get I suppose.

--------------------
"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: haha [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4642315 - 09/10/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
shittiest pres ever?? i think so.... im just afraid now we'll get another terrorist attack so he can work on those numbers

Apparently you're forgetting about Reagan and Nixon?

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: haha [Re: Redstorm]
    #4642480 - 09/10/05 02:34 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Well, at least the people pulling Reagan's strings were more traditional conservatives, rather than these Neo-con nitwits we have now. I don't much care for either type, but I find old-line conservatives more palatable....

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: haha [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4642593 - 09/10/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I dunno, I would categorize either Reagan, or maybe (barely) part of Nixon's presidency to be the beginning point of the Neoconservative movement.

InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

Re: haha [Re: Redstorm]
    #4645377 - 09/11/05 09:46 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I like Bush. He sent troops over to the mid east to kill fanatic towel heads. Jesus is Lord!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate